Episode 4 (spoilers) some codex descriptions resetting?

First of all, hi guys, I have been reading these forums for the longest of time but rarely written and never in the batman section. I have been loving both seasons and season 2 for me is up there with Walking Dead Season 1 as the best Telltale games ever.

I am writing because I noticed some changes in the codex descriptions (not the new one that change each episodes, the default one that recap the history of characters in the past season) going from episode 3 to episode 4. I considered writing this to support (in case it is wrong writing this here, I apologize) but it seems something that can be more easily solved by asking around with other users to see if everybody is experiencing the same or if it is just me.

Basically, right now Selina's "past season" description in the codex just mentions her having a relationship with Harvey and leaving before Bruce had his showdown with Lady Arkham. Nothing about Bruce having had a romantic interest with her or missing her, as the description was up until the end of episode 3 (went back on another savefile I keep as backup and checked).

And while being grateful for saving her from the cryochamber, I got some sort of curt goodbye between Selina and Bruce after the fight (do not know if it was normal) and Bruce's new description says she is a "formidable foe" (again, maybe this is normal, but I am not sure).

Moreover, the description of John Doe now mentions Bruce agreeing to give him a favour in Arkham, which I never did as Bruce in Season 1.

Has this happened to other people? Is this normal? Or may my choices from season 1 somehow have been suddenly reset?

Thank you!

Comments

• It says the exact same thing for me. I agreed to owe John a favour and previously it was saying in all other episodes that I didn't agree to the favour. I think it's just due to oversight.

• It hasn't happened to me. But then again I didn't use a savefile, I just recreated the options myself.

• Ok, thank you guys.

@BatmanDan778 Yes, the weird thing was how it changed from episode to episode, because everything was working fine and absolutely coherent up until episode 3. But maybe they figured people would not be reading back codex descriptions from past seasons also in episode 4 and just forgot to incorporate the coding to diversify them.

At this point I will just have to keep playing until the end of season finale and see if there are any other oddities or my choices seem to be registered.

@The_Bat_Among_Us Yes, the strange thing is that the past choices were recorded fine up until episode 3. I know some people had some problems with their choices not registering properly, but that was not my case. What would be a bit of disappointment is that this save file has basically been built over more than one year but if worst comes to worst I will do what you did and restart season 2 myself :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.