How did John know?!

How did he figure out we are Batman?
In my gameplay John used the "you were so eager for the laptop" and the "Caffeteria disappearance" as his only excuses for knowing Bruce Wayne is Batman.

I was wondering if anyone got more excuses from John.
I would think that the "John will remember that" pop-up that we got when we chose to slam Selina across the air at the Riddler Hideout was gonna be one of the excuses, or the way we climbed up that 90 degree wall to dodge bullets. I don't know, seems a little bit far fetched.

Comments

• With the way the Telltale Batman is, I'm surprised not everyone knows...

• Only thing he mentioned to me was the laptop. He did say that giving up Selina slightly threw him off for a bit though.

• He seemed to know since Season 1

• Agreed lol.

Abitran posted: »

With the way the Telltale Batman is, I'm surprised not everyone knows...

• That would be crazy, like h o w?

Kaelthas posted: »

He seemed to know since Season 1

• mb, he read comics in Arkham.

That would be crazy, like h o w?

• Shit you are onto something here.

Tiefling posted: »

mb, he read comics in Arkham.

• Plot twist, John was in fact Bruce's little brother but since Bruce's father didn't want an ugly child with green hair he gave it to Arkham but Alfred always felt sorry for him so he went to visit him every day and told him all about Bruce's life.

That would be crazy, like h o w?

• I always suspected that.

Plot twist, John was in fact Bruce's little brother but since Bruce's father didn't want an ugly child with green hair he gave it to Arkham but Alfred always felt sorry for him so he went to visit him every day and told him all about Bruce's life.

• John would have been a stupid idiot if he couldn't figure it out. The Laptop,Cafe,general common sense.............................etc

• For me, I think he mentioned it was the laptop and the café were the details he got.
    I don't think he knew since Season 1 (because.. how could he have known all that from inside a concrete box?) but I do believe that he knew Bruce's public face was just a façade, and then he connected that with how Batman acted and where he was, and he got it.
    I mean, if John could figure it out, I'm surprised no one else has thought of that if it was that simple, but I guess this calls for suspension of disbelief. (I guess Avesta figured it out in a similar way, but she probably has the resources and files to do so.)

• edited February 2018

Another one of my issues with John being handled in Season 2. Season 1 John knows that Vicki is Lady Arkham and hints that he knows we are Batman (which we now know he does) but this was all just forgotten. Was really hoping that would be explained, I mean him knowing Vicki's truth just makes him Joker Ex Machina with him just telling us everything about Vicki without any explanation on why he knows.

• This.

Poogers555 posted: »

Another one of my issues with John being handled in Season 2. Season 1 John knows that Vicki is Lady Arkham and hints that he knows we are B

• I'm pretty sure he knew since season 1 lol. He hinted at it, so I wasn't surprised at all when he told us he knew.

• I dont think that it was that simple for him to figure that out, my guess would be that He was always obsessed withh Batman and has memmorized His moves, so when He saw Bruce fighting in Arkham He has just connected the dots

AChicken posted: »

For me, I think he mentioned it was the laptop and the café were the details he got. I don't think he knew since Season 1 (because.. how c

• OK I agree with what JmoooX said about John being obsessed with Batman and remembering his moves. I mean he did have access to a TV that showed the news and most likely Batman. So John probably did piece it together that way but besides everything else John says about the laptop and the disappearance from the Café, I think that John noticed ever since he was brought into Arkham because remember Batman has not been seen since Bruce went into Arkham. The only question is how does John know about Vicki being Lady Arkham there have been no references to him and her meeting which means he had to find out another way.

• I don't think that wull ever be explained. He was probably used as the good ol plot device.

OK I agree with what JmoooX said about John being obsessed with Batman and remembering his moves. I mean he did have access to a TV that sho

• John said in ep3 that he was a watcher, which isn't evidence, but it's something. In ep4, he says "can't fool a friend, someone who really takes the time to look." John is pretty much obsessed with Bruce/Batman. In the first season, Selina figured it out just by looking at a scratch on his face. Avesta knows, somehow... Another thing someone said on Tumblr was that as soon as John got the laptop (if you chose to not warn Selina), Bruce is out of the door to collect it as Batman. How would Batman have known John had got it yet? In fact, how did they even contact each other? All Batman says just before leaving on the roof was to meet behind the Stacked Deck, not there was no time slot. It's very vague honestly, so I don't know if this is just a minor mistake on Telltale's part or what. If you did warn Selina (most of us did), then John doesn't even get the laptop, but will still figure out you're Batman.

• However, that still does not tell us how he knows that Vicki Vale is Lady Arkham :wink:

Bandicoot88 posted: »

John said in ep3 that he was a watcher, which isn't evidence, but it's something. In ep4, he says "can't fool a friend, someone who really t

• 2 + 2

Vicki must have gone to Arkham as a reporter to check it out, she had to know how to free all the prisoners, WHO were the prisoners, what did they do, why were they there, were she could enter and get out. And most importantly, that secret room she used as her base.

So, if John can figure out Bruce is Batman because he left just at the cafe when the batsignal appeared and they both wanted the laptop, he could figure out:

• Both Vicki and Lady Arkham want to know about Arkham and its patients
    • Both were seen there, probably in the same period of time
    • She has a connection with Arkham (because of her parents)
    • And since he knew about the Vales, she must have told him something, or at least he got information, I could see her talking to John about her past maybe as an exchange for information to see if John was dangerous and deserved to be in Arkham or not

However, that still does not tell us how he knows that Vicki Vale is Lady Arkham

• Makes sense to be honest I forgot her base was under Arkham :blush:

2 + 2 Vicki must have gone to Arkham as a reporter to check it out, she had to know how to free all the prisoners, WHO were the prisoners

Sign in to comment in this discussion.