Incredibles 2 - New Trailer

Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
edited February 2018 in General Chat

Tagged:

Comments

• I’ve been staying light on the spoilers for The Incredibles 2 because it’s my favourite Pixar movie, but this was great. Especially because just yesterday I had a discussion with my family on how the original film would have been different if Syndrome found Elastigirl first, rather than Mr Incredible and Frozone.

The animation looks great, though the voices sound a little off, aside from Frozone. The kids sound ok but Bob and Helen are noticeably different.

• YEAH! BABY!

Looks.... interesting? Not sure what to make of the plot from the trailer, but that's fine. Don't want too many spoilers!

Looks fine, but not quite the same as the original. Not a fan of Dash's face here, don't know what I find wrong with it, but I dont like it. Bob also looks kinda strange.
    And, uh, yeah. Excited for it.

• If the release date was in 2019

• Kinda worried about what the plot is suppose to be, but Im hoping thats just because of the trailer. Kinda looks like they are doing a flip with Mrs Incredible doing the secret missions instead of Mr Incredible.

Also quick side, its weird seeing that early flashback to the first movie keep the same "style" and then seeing the new movies style. They are almost exactly the same, but the old movie style just looks a little better to me, but Im sure thats just my nostalgia (considering the animation and all that jazz still looks great)

• I’m not feeling this. Elastigirl is supposed to be the protagonist from what the filmmakers say but this trailer was all about Bob’s misadventures in baby sitting which hasn’t filled me with any enthusiasm.

The plot in of itself sounds really familiar to the first movie and I still don’t care for the fact that this story takes place RIGHT AFTER where the first movie left off.

I hate to be cynical, but everything from what I’ve seen and heard just screams straight to DVD sequel to me and I know you shouldn’t expect sequels to be just as good as the original because it’s not the original but this doesn’t feel like it’s even in the same ballpark as the first movie.

I’ll happily enjoy eating my words if it turns out okay but I’m tempering expectations.

• Wow, first thing that went through my mind was they finally got around to making this, now I can't get past the original being 14 years old lol. Where's the time go.

• I have a bad feeling that it's not going to live up to its expectations after taking Pixar 14 years to finally make a sequel to the best animated superhero movie of all time. Are the same writers and director involved in the sequel? I think it will end up as a good movie but not better than the original. I hope I'm wrong cause Toy Story 3 did manage to be one of the best Pixar movies after 11 years in development but you never know.

• I feel like the only one who wants to see more of Violet's character in the sequel. She is the only Incredible that got the least screentime in the original film, not counting Jack-Jack who is just a baby.

• I'm excited and optimistic, but I have to say I don't like how it's set right after the events of the first movie. It's been 15 years, they should be aged up. That would also make it make sense why Bob and Helen's voices sound so much different.

• I want to see more of Violet, she's probably my favorite character.

AronDracula posted: »

I feel like the only one who wants to see more of Violet's character in the sequel. She is the only Incredible that got the least screentime in the original film, not counting Jack-Jack who is just a baby.

• To be honest I was never really in on the hype this movie was getting. The first Incredible was good but I wasn't pressing for a sequel to be made much. Still I'll always be excited for more Pixar (even if they have been making some flukes in recent years.)

• I haven't re-watched The Incredibles in ages but I do remember everyone's name and the story line. This movie looks like it will be just as funny and entertaining as the last one judging by the trailer, one of the things that caught my eye most about the trailer was seeing The Underminer again because The Underminers story was wrapped up in a video game that came out back in 2005 so does this mean that The Incredibles 2 will be based off that video game or.... Anyways I hope the movie does well.

• I don't think I'll be taking the trailer at face value. There could be more to it than it meets the eye, since the plot so far seems bare-bones so far.

I'm anticipating that the trailer is only for the first act of the movie, and that there will be a time skip afterwards.

• New trailer just came out

• I hope we finally see Frozone's wife.

• Plot twist it’s mr incredible

prink34320 posted: »

I hope we finally see Frozone's wife.

• I knew Elasticgurl had the right to be suspicious

I ship it already

Melton23 posted: »

Plot twist it’s mr incredible

• Where are you going ASAP? You better go back ASAP

prink34320 posted: »

I hope we finally see Frozone's wife.

• Incredizone, Bobzone or Mr Frozonible?

I knew Elasticgurl had the right to be suspicious I ship it already

• Incedizone sounds the most catchy. Can't wait to see them two together in the next movie ? <3 ❄️

Melton23 posted: »

Incredizone, Bobzone or Mr Frozonible?

• edited April 2018

Movie looks good, but not as good as what the first one was. I'm really hoping what we see of Bob having family problems, Elastigirl on her own, and the Underminer opening are just a small taste of the movie.

With Wreck-It-Ralph 2's minimal teaser focusing on the internet instead of games and this movie's slightly repetitious marketing (only showing those three events of the film), I hope there's a lot more than meets the eye. Really testing my faith in Pixar.
    But, saving the "good stuff" for the actual movie is a good move.

EDIT: Then again, this here is the first movie's trailer. Does not compare to what the real thing is, and maybe even shows too much.

I think my problem is the need to see this new movie ASAP. I want all of it, not a glimpse! aaaugh

• Official Poster released, by the way.

• Who are those dudes in the back? See, they have been holding out on us. (Which isn't a bad thing)

AChicken posted: »

Official Poster released, by the way.

• I didn't notice that.

Okay, okay, you're right. There's still much we don't know.

Who are those dudes in the back? See, they have been holding out on us. (Which isn't a bad thing)

• Frozone's wife is back and it's ALL THAT MATTERS

• At 0:42...Just when you think it's cool to be a Superhero again and you end up getting arrested.

Pipas posted: »

New trailer just came out

• I hope that the trailers are misleading in some way. I hope there is a mature story behind it.

Looking back, I was so surprised and amazed to discover that the movie is actually a deconstruction of superheroes.

So I am definitely hoping it isn't as seemingly generic as the trailers depict it to be.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.