Suicide Squad hope/prediction

I know nothing has even been muttered nor is there any real reason to think this but I am holding on to a glimmer of hope that there will be a Suicide Squad 'season' that may be like na off-shot, ala ANF. (Don't cry about that here please). We get to see the perspective of another character... I'm gonna go out on yet another limb and predict Deadshot as he would be a blank slate in this world and would have that asshole-ish trait that we all know and love.

It would give us a chance to see more of John, Harley and introduce a bunch of villains that Batman could have to thwart in Season 4 (because with how much source material they have, I really hope this is a long-term deal). There is still so much of the Batman universe that hasn't even been scratched yet.

So, would anyone want to see a Suicide Squad season after this one? Or should it go straight in to another Batman next year? Or other ideas more then welcome! This is just me getting this one idea off of my chest! I would love to hear more! :smileselfie:

Comments

• Pretty doubtful, Telltale's Batman isnt popular enough to get a spin off game

• To be honest, I didn't think TTBatman was popular enough to even get a second season, but here we are.

Poogers555 posted: »

Pretty doubtful, Telltale's Batman isnt popular enough to get a spin off game

• They are gonna have to fill the void if they are going to do away with TWD (which I actually am glad about). From what I've seen, the final sales tend to do pretty well and this series still has a lot of juice.

It would be extremely disappointing if they didn't go with another season here and started some other IP. There are so few that would be as noteworthy as Batman. And I can't see myself going out of my way for it unless they pull a huge swerve and land something like Supernatural.

Maybe they won't do anything, but I'm holding out hope for my favorite IP and one of the strongest Telltale products in some time.

• For there to be a Suicide Squad, Waller needs to be alive.

• I doubt it, seems more like Easter eggs and hints at it in the Batman series.

• I think she will be. She is a survivor. Could even have already gotten one of the others on her side to 'help' deal with any incoming threats. Insert the Croc, perhaps? :fingers_crossed:

Kaelthas posted: »

For there to be a Suicide Squad, Waller needs to be alive.

• There are so many directions where Batman game can go in the future, and the source material has so many well written storylines which can be a base/inspiration for events in future episodes, that I would prefer they would stick to it rather than start creating spin-offs. Spin-off games would take money/time which could be possibly spent on working on the next season of Batman.

I personally would not be interested in Suicide Squad spin off, so I would skip it. I guess there are people in Telltale who knows where the company should go next, so let's see where it leads. My money would vote for next seasons of Batman.

• The inclusion of Waller automatically made you wonder about a Suicide Squad season, but judging by comments from the new CEO it's doubtful. Speaking of which a few people commented on low sales for Batman. Anyone have statistics?

• Looking back at this ... I kind of hope that do a TWD 400 Days thing with Suicide Squad instead of it's own entity. IE: Give us one-to-three episodes to bring in new characters to keep the wait from being unbearable and show us what the future can hold for another season.

• I also hope they do one more season of Batman, end it at a nice trilogy, I dont think I would want anymore Batman after that though.

I wish Telltale revisited older franchises more. Its sad that Wolf S2 is happening all these years later but instead Telltale just spat out IPs hoping they would catch on (GOTG which flopped pretty hard for sales) or making games that were just easy to produce with not a lot of effort needing to be put in. (Minecraft) Im still pretty irked that Telltale made GOTG. They already made Tales from the Borderlands, a comedy set in space and alien worlds, so instead of making a sequel to that game they just made GOTG instead. Obviously Telltale doesnt own the rights to Borderlands, but seeing how Borderlands 3 is taking a long time in development, Im sure if Telltale asked to make another season Gearbox would agree so Borderlands doesnt go completely gameless for so long, considering all we know about Borderlands 3 is that "its happening" and we saw a short tech demo of what a borderlands game would look like with the newer unreal engine.

BigBadBatsy posted: »

They are gonna have to fill the void if they are going to do away with TWD (which I actually am glad about). From what I've seen, the final

• edited February 2018

Im sure if Telltale asked to make another season Gearbox would agree.

That's not how it works,And maybe Gearbox doesn't want to work with Telltale anymore after what they did with A New Frontier,i want to see if Telltale can still do good games.
    Telltale should just create their own IP at this point and maybe it's time to stop making episodic games after The Final Season and The Wolf Among Us 2.

I also hope they do one more season of Batman, end it at a nice trilogy, I dont think I would want anymore Batman after that though. I wi

• Obviously theres more to collaborating then "can i use ur ip fam" but every collaboration does start with "asking" and Gearbox seems pretty lenient considering Tales from the Borderlands started because when Telltale was working with Gearbox on Poker Night 2 they were just joking about making a Telltale Borderlands game, which was then announced just about 6 months after Poker Night 2 came out. And you could be right, Gearbox might think that ANF wasn't any good, but that's something that's subjective, and in the end it still is all about money. Gearbox and 2K didnt have to publish the game because Telltale did that for them, they also didnt develop the game, and even though there was an interview saying Tales wasnt a financial success (kinda misleading because it basically was, it still made money, just not as much as Telltale wanted) Gearbox is just missing out on money for doing nothing but letting Telltale use the licences.

I would still say a lot of the reason some Telltale games are left in the dark after they finish is due to Telltale simply not asking the license owners to do another collaboration. Wolf s2 for example, the creator of Fables who was in charge of giving the "ok" to make Wolf s1, said that he was completely willing for Telltale to make a season 2, but Telltale never approached him, despite the giant demand. After almost 4 years Telltale is finally making it, but what Im saying is I'm sure Telltale left good relations with these people considering the games they made were highly rated (Tales was one of the most discussed games in 2015) and seeing Bill Willingham low key confirming they dont do more is because Telltale, not the other partners kinda shows its all up to Telltale if they want to continue. Also Telltale is making an original IP, or so they say. Its most likely canceled at this point however.

iFoRias posted: »

Im sure if Telltale asked to make another season Gearbox would agree. That's not how it works,And maybe Gearbox doesn't want to work

• Also Telltale is making an original IP, or so they say. Its most likely canceled at this point however.

Oh yeah i heard about a super show or something like that, i can't remember exactly.

Obviously theres more to collaborating then "can i use ur ip fam" but every collaboration does start with "asking" and Gearbox seems pretty

• Yeah the super show. Considering Telltale has enough trouble making just games, I dont see the super show ever coming out. Its suppose to be some kind of TV and game crossover with a Telltale original IP, however like I said, Telltale already seems to have enough trouble just creating games, so I doubt the super show is ever going to happen. Maybe one day theyll make an original IP, but if they do Im sure itll just be a game and not have any TV cross over stuff.

iFoRias posted: »

Also Telltale is making an original IP, or so they say. Its most likely canceled at this point however. Oh yeah i heard about a super show or something like that, i can't remember exactly.

• Unity may help with the super show as I'm (hoping) it'll streamline some of the processes and make multiple titles/longer episodes easier on them. I'm basing this off of Life is Strange: Before the Storm but we'll see! I have high hopes though.

• It pisses me off how people want suicide squad but a justice league type telltale game is too much for you guys to handle.

• Ok I do not want a suicide squad game because there would be to many characters added to the Batman Series.

• While I'm doubtful a Suicide Squad game would be made, or even if it could be pulled off, I'm still hoping we get some sort of hint to its existence, or actually see enemies that would be a part of that group.
    Just to have the lore and world-building fleshed out more would be great.

• I am not hoping for a Suicide Squad series. I just want a season three for Batman. I'm not a fan of the Suicide Squad storyline.

But... if they were to make a spinoff, I'd rather follow Catwoman or Avesta or even Alfred honestly.
    An Alfred series would have SUCH conflicting choices. Clean the living room or the parlor first? Dust or sweep? Make Bruce tea or coffee? Goodness. The stress, you guys.

• edited February 2018

I agree with your statement about prefering other spinoffs than the Suicide Squad one, but I think you are underestimating Alfred... I would risk to say that without Alfred there would be no Batman at all ;) And just think about all the hard choices he had to made when Thomas Wayne was working with the mob... that actually could be quite interesting... the only problem with it is that we already know the outcome.

I am not hoping for a Suicide Squad series. I just want a season three for Batman. I'm not a fan of the Suicide Squad storyline. But... i

• I'd actually be down for a suicide squad game. But I'm not certain about the economics. It does not really look like a very healthy IP to commit to.
    Batman is a safer bet, and Telltale have build impressive momentum with this series. I understand the desire to move on but another team could still work on a third season while the core team from the previous two could move on to other fresh projects.

• edited February 2018

What I want more than anything from this series are action figures lol Yes I like having action figures of TellTale's games because their characters look really cool in-game. Tell me action figures of Batman's characters wouldn't be cool lol :wink:

• It would be cool if Telltale actually sold merchandise

What I want more than anything from this series are action figures lol Yes I like having action figures of TellTale's games because their characters look really cool in-game. Tell me action figures of Batman's characters wouldn't be cool lol

• edited February 2018

A Batman Season 3 is the priority.

• I'd totally buy a Batman Telltale artbook for instance.

It would be cool if Telltale actually sold merchandise

• Oh, yeah. I agree. ? Alfred is amazing and deals with a lot of stress. I wasn't trying to undermine his role in the Batman universe- he's absolutely essential. I was just making a joke. :)

Gartives posted: »

I agree with your statement about prefering other spinoffs than the Suicide Squad one, but I think you are underestimating Alfred... I would

• Yes, I thought about it as a joke ;) Still I think Alfred's backstory, especially when consider the reveltion about Thomas Wayne, would be worth to have a separate game.... or a book, or comic at least ;)

Oh, yeah. I agree. ? Alfred is amazing and deals with a lot of stress. I wasn't trying to undermine his role in the Batman universe- he's absolutely essential. I was just making a joke.

• I would love a spin off to the game, I think that it would be awesome to see something like this happen to Batman more than the other Telltale Series because Batman is part of such a big universe, I know we also have GOTG but Marvel has got all the Marvel games handled at the moment with Spider-Man PS4 and the new Avengers game but DC on the other hand (apart from Telltale's Batman Series) are in a situation because they made their last game back in 2015 and have nothing new announced. If you have been up to date with Telltale's TWD then you will know that they there is an extra 2 Series (The Michonne Series and The New Frontier) the same thing is most likely going to happen to Batman because of how big the DC universe is.

• Spin off LIKE ANF?
    SIR, THAT"S A FAT NO.

• edited March 2018

Doubt it. I mean Waller`s squad consists of (presumably) Bane, Harley, Catwoman and Freeze. The last three are determinant (I think). Because you can be friends with Catwoman so she will drop working for Waller (even with the collar), you can help Freeze in episode 4 and I think if you persuade him (mentioning his wife) he will not be working with Waller either. And Harley I think can stay with John in one of the outcomes and not be captured by Waller. In that case her Suicide Squad consists of Bane (lol) and that is it. So the squad appearing in the next episode I think is determinant thus there will not be a spin-off about them.
    Season 3 of Batman though...Telltale, MAKE IT HAPPEN!

• What does this have to do with ANF?

Dan10 posted: »

Spin off LIKE ANF? SIR, THAT"S A FAT NO.

• Creator of this thread said he wanted a spinoff like ANF

zeke10 posted: »

What does this have to do with ANF?

• That doesnt mean a spin off would be bad or do you just mean the "like ANF" part?

• He said "like ANF"

zeke10 posted: »

That doesnt mean a spin off would be bad or do you just mean the "like ANF" part?

• edited March 2018

Telltale doesn't own the rights to Wolf Among Us either, they can't just make these games as much as they want. We won't get a Tales 2 until after Borderlands 3 unless Gearbox changes their mind.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.