Does it matter who's arm got frozen?

[EP 4 SPOILERS]
So if you gave Selina up in Episode 3, her arm gets frozen. But if you gave yourself up, then in Episode 4 Bane's arm gets frozen instead.
Do yall think there'll be a reason for this, or were the writers just trying to create a parallel?

Comments

• No reason tbh.

• Yeah, I agree with Dan here.

I don't think there is any specific reason or thought from the writers on this very subject. There is also the security guard who gets his arm frozen if you give yourself up at the Bodhi spa. I doubt we will see a lot from Bane in episode five, and I don't think it will matter if his arm is frozen or not.

Dan10 posted: »

No reason tbh.

• Did it ever matter that Selinas arm was frozen? or does she not show up at all in Episode 4 if you gave her up?

• She does unfortunately not show up at all. Apparently, she gets mentioned when Bruce and Avesta return to Five points hideout that she managed to escape the box but you never get to see her in the episode except in the intro. We are still not sure about her status for the people who gave her up.

I hope we will get some kind of closure in both decisions (If you gave yourself up or if you blamed it on CW) since she just pretty much vanished at the Sanctus facility when the Agency storms in. There should be some scenes with her in episode five hopefully.

Did it ever matter that Selinas arm was frozen? or does she not show up at all in Episode 4 if you gave her up?

• I'm not sure there is any link between the two. I'm positive if you gave her up she will show up again to get revenge.
    I can't believe Telltale would let us wait for season 3 to see the ramifications of that choice.

• WHAT KILLED THE DINOSAURS?
    THE ICE AGE.

• With all that romance teasing in episode 3 she better show up for more than 5 minutes in Episode 5, I need my BatCat fix

19Street95 posted: »

She does unfortunately not show up at all. Apparently, she gets mentioned when Bruce and Avesta return to Five points hideout that she manag

• Child, you need to see the light, abandon that thieving pussy and come with us, join our Avesta cult.

With all that romance teasing in episode 3 she better show up for more than 5 minutes in Episode 5, I need my BatCat fix

• I came into season 2 expecting very little from her but thus far I admire the evolution of her character to the point of now being completely in favor of the BatCat ship. It's a understatement to say they do belong with each other, it was clear in S01 it is even clearer now.

Avesta is a nice lady but nowhere near Selina in terms of how capable she is, and most crucially in terms of how much pure chemistry there is between her and Bruce.

Just like you I'm curious to see where Bruce and Selina will find themselves in by the end of this very eventful season. Those who chose to accept her invitation (yes, I'm using that term because there can be no ambiguity as to how much both and them want that relationship) have yet to tell her, well, you know what !

With all that romance teasing in episode 3 she better show up for more than 5 minutes in Episode 5, I need my BatCat fix

• I think that in episode 5 whoever got their arm frozen will have some sort of disadvantage.
    And since my Bruce is a sneaky little rat that let Selina behind to rot, I am assuming her helping hand (badamTSS) won't be too useful in episode 5.

• It had to be a limb. The same thing happened to the guy at Bodhi spa and it makes sense because if a character has their chest or head frozen then they'd most likely die instantly. Batman isn't a killer so he wouldn't do that to Bane and there would be no suspense if something like that happened to Selina. So they got their arms froze- I think that's the entirety of the reason.

• I am expecting the opposite outcome - Selina would show up in ep5 and help Bruce in some crucial thing no matter if he agreed to work with her or rejected her in last episodes. And it would not be a sloppy writing - it would just show that Selina will do the right thing no matter how she was treated by Bruce and that would close the discussion on the topic if she is a villain or foe. If Bruce accused her of being just a thief, she would prove him wrong...

I believe with this scenario most players would be complaining that it is unfair, because theirs choices did not matter (in fact, they would matter, because she would be acting differently in both scenarios), but this would make perfect sense from the point of her characters development.

I think Selina did manage to save her arm and get out of the box pretty much unharmed, but it would have heavy impact in how she would act towards Bruce.

I'm not sure there is any link between the two. I'm positive if you gave her up she will show up again to get revenge. I can't believe Telltale would let us wait for season 3 to see the ramifications of that choice.

• I actually declined her help, and then she sulked off and said that I wouldn't see her again.
    I hope that's not really the case, but it also seemed like an overreaction.
    "Oh you don't want my help? FINE I'll just leave for the whole episode!"

19Street95 posted: »

She does unfortunately not show up at all. Apparently, she gets mentioned when Bruce and Avesta return to Five points hideout that she manag

• Honestly I can't possibly imagine she would not bat en eye to what Bruce has done, sacrificing her is just unjustifiable and I could not fault her for going after us. I mean we would do the same if she betrayed us like this.

And about her arm I seem to recall a Telltale writer confirming the injury would be permanent. How odd would it be if it weren't. I mean it would make the choice to sacrifice her less impactful.

Gartives posted: »

I am expecting the opposite outcome - Selina would show up in ep5 and help Bruce in some crucial thing no matter if he agreed to work with h

• edited February 2018

Totally agree that this choice should matter, I am just thinking that this possible injury would impact her physical abilities less than it will impact her interactions/relationship with Bruce. I would expect her to be totally disappointed and angry with him (maybe even heartbroken, because she tries not to show it, but I think she feels something for Bruce even when he rejects her - that's what her facial animations would suggest), but she will not wish him harm.

And I am not expecting her to help Bruce and live happily ever after with him if he let her be put in that box in ep3. I would say, she would help him (maybe not directly him, but she will do the right thing for the good cause) just to prove Bruce to be wrong, because she always tries to do the opposite - when he says she is something more than a thief she tries to convince him otherwise, when he rejects her she would try to prove him wrong only for sake of winning this 'battle' between them (and then probably leave him, as in this scenario there is nothing more left between them). And this would put Bruce in quite a bad light, because for the sake of his mission and for the sake of not destroying his cover, he chosed to sacrifice her and by the end of a day when his cover was compromised anyway, Selina would turn out to be an important ally.

Honestly I can't possibly imagine she would not bat en eye to what Bruce has done, sacrificing her is just unjustifiable and I could not fau

• I am surprised to see how many people actually believe that Selina is coming back in the "it was Catwoman" path. Bruce says very clear that she is probably out of town by the time he and Avesta find the murderbox empty. I found that dialogue as a very obvious way of the writers to tell us "she is out of the season for good, you should start worrying about other things". I highly doubt that they would make Bruce say that for other reasons.

Telltale could still surprise me, but I think that line already left little room to speculate about her role in episode 5 if you rat her out.

• That is true that this is the most probable scenario (getting rid of a character in at least one path chosen by players is easier, as it leaves less things to think about when closing all the sub-plotlines), but still Bruce's line about her leaving may be there "by design", to indicate that this is what he expects her to do, and she may do just the opposite and reappear in the most surprising moment. In this case her proving him wrong when it comes to judging her, would have bigger impact.

DOBLEDEDO posted: »

I am surprised to see how many people actually believe that Selina is coming back in the "it was Catwoman" path. Bruce says very clear that

• There were several times in the comics when somebody's arm got frozen and unfrozen within few pages, that I think this won't really matter so much

• This is not a comic book story though. That's why I like Telltale so much actually.
    I'm just fed up with how nonsensical most Batman comic book stories are

JmoooX posted: »

There were several times in the comics when somebody's arm got frozen and unfrozen within few pages, that I think this won't really matter so much

• It's kind of off topic, but Do You have any particular story arcs in mind? I think that most of the nonsensical stuff comes from the Justice League cross overs.

This is not a comic book story though. That's why I like Telltale so much actually. I'm just fed up with how nonsensical most Batman comic book stories are

Sign in to comment in this discussion.