Batman: The Enemy Within nominated for NAVGTR Awards!

I have an announcement to make. Over a week ago, Batman: The Enemy Within was nominated for "Game, Franchise Adventure" and "Performance in a Drama, Supporting" with Debra Wilson as Amanda Waller! Get out there and vote now! ;)

http://navgtr.org/archives/3351/

Comments

• The link brought me to an error page.

• Same.

Debra Wilson does an excellent job as Waller. She really gets the presence down.

AnimalBoy posted: »

The link brought me to an error page.

• I fixed the linking error.

• edited February 2018

Huh. We've also got
    Scott Porter as Peter Quill in GOTG - Performance in a Comedy, Lead
    Adam Harrington as Groot in GOTG - Performance in a Comedy, Supporting
    Mm'kay.

as a quasi-Telltale note,
    Oxenfree has been nominated for best Writing in a Comedy. Cool.

P.S: Though unfortunately, you can't vote if you're some random shmoe. You've got to be a registered analyst/journalist in the game industry to be on the voting panel.

New reviewers must register with the Academy to vote on award nominees and winners. There is no fee to become a voter.
    To qualify, analysts/journalists must e-mail info at navgtr dot org and demonstrate a high quality of work OR meet a preponderance of the following “A” or “B” items: [...]

• Oxenfree has been nominated for best Writing in a Comedy. Cool.

Nice ! I love that game.

AChicken posted: »

Huh. We've also got Scott Porter as Peter Quill in GOTG - Performance in a Comedy, Lead Adam Harrington as Groot in GOTG - Performance in

• Oxenfree has been nominated for best Writing in a Comedy.

That's... weird. The game's two years old and was more of a horror game then anything.

Huh. We've also got Scott Porter as Peter Quill in GOTG - Performance in a Comedy, Lead Adam Harrington as Groot in GOTG - Performance in

• Yeah, I do find that odd. But, they've only got Writing categories for Drama and Comedy, and I'd say that Oxenfree leans more towards a lighthearted mystery so... Comedy.

As for its inclusion this year, might be because of its release on new devices? (iOS, Nintendo Switch). I wasn't in their 2016 awards, that's for sure.
    I don't know who these people are, or who is a part of their panel, but after glancing through the previous year's winners, I don't fully trust the panel. Uncharted, Overwatch, and Doom were the big winners of theirs last year, and I feel that there were a few others that could have taken their places.

• In their category for "Innovation in Game Technologies", they pitted the HTC Vive VR Headset against 4 "innovative" video games. No surprise that the hardware overcame the programs.
    • "Performance in a Comedy, Lead" only had two nominees. One person from King's Quest, and a different person from Ratchet and Clank.
    • Meanwhile, in the "Comedy, Supporting" category, Stan Lee won for his role in Lego Avengers. I haven't played it, so maybe he has a semi-prominent role, but last I checked he's usually only done cameos in the Marvel games.
      ...Take these awards with a grain of salt.
    lupinb0y posted: »

Oxenfree has been nominated for best Writing in a Comedy. That's... weird. The game's two years old and was more of a horror game then anything.

• Also, GOTG was nominated for "Excellence in Convergence" at the upcoming 2018 SXSW Awards.

https://gaming.sxsw.com/news/2018/2018-sxsw-gaming-awards-finalists/

• edited February 2018

I hope Batman wins, it deserves to win an award within the gaming industry. Also Guardians of the Galaxy deserves an award as well with Scott Porter being an awesome voice actor and funny in Guardians of the Galaxy.

• And the NAVGTR award for "Performance in a Drama, Supporting" goes to... Debra Wilson as Amanda Waller in Batman: The Enemy Within! Congratulations! ;)

http://navgtr.org/archives/3365/

• edited March 2018

Scott Porter (Luke, Lucas) also won best comedy lead for Guardians of the Galaxy and Adam Harrington (Bigby, Groot) won for best comedy supporting role for his role as Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.