Do you think we will get real multiple endings?

Season 1 didn´t have different endings. The characters would always end at the same spot, and the differences were quite irrelevant. For example, Batman´s brutality and it´s effect on Gordon were something important in the first episodes, but they completely forgot about that in order to force his partnership with the police, wich I guess was something neccesary for this season´s plot to work. But, in this season, there are lot of things that could potentially have very different outcomes:

-Bruce can start or not a relationship with Selina, a serious one.
-John personality, motivations and actions will be vastly different depending on what you chose at episode 4.
-Tiffany, and maybe even Avesta, can be potential allies or not if you want to. This means the batfamily would have differents members in differente playtroughs.
-Your relationship with Gordon can get very cold, and unless we are forced to be friends again with him, that would complicate things in the future.

The main problem with this, is that it would really complicate the scenario for a third season, by forcing Telltale to either disregard every choice in order to have a linear narrative (i am looking at you, ANF), or to force one ending only to avoid the other scenario, much like it happened in season one. Wich would be quite dissappointing, considering the amount of plotlines we have been able to change so far. I think that the batfamily issue is the most problematic, since unless they make Tiffany a member of it by force in the finale (and that won`t sit well with a lot of people), she would become a determinant character in season 3. And that means she won´t have any major role, making the choice, again, irrelevant.

I don´t know, choices affecting the batfamily members or the Joker could complicate a lot future scenarios. What do you guys think Telltale will do?

Comments

• edited March 2018

They could,they did multiple endings with Game Of Thrones so i believe it could work if enough work is put into season 3.

• Yeah, but GOT never got a second season. We only have TWD as an example, and it is not a very good one.

iFoRias posted: »

They could,they did multiple endings with Game Of Thrones so i believe it could work if enough work is put into season 3.

• edited March 2018

Yeah, but GOT never got a second season.

I know but maybe when we have another one hopefully this won't turn out like ANF.

DOBLEDEDO posted: »

Yeah, but GOT never got a second season. We only have TWD as an example, and it is not a very good one.

• If there will be a 3rd season - unlikely, If this is the last one - definitely

• Actually, they did plan and greenlight a 2nd season of GoT--whether or not we get it depends on whether it's been cancelled or just on hold until after the HBO finale. We also got S2 of MCSM, btw.

I personally think we'll probably have different endings, but I think there probably won't be a next season.

Yeah, but GOT never got a second season. We only have TWD as an example, and it is not a very good one.

• Yeah but no one cares about Minecraft.

Actually, they did plan and greenlight a 2nd season of GoT--whether or not we get it depends on whether it's been cancelled or just on hold

• It's sucks that everyone's expectations are based on their lack of faith in Telltale being able to actually make choices matter. They've taken the lazy route so often that nobody expects them to do any better by this point

• edited March 2018

It's their own fault really they went the quantity over quality route the last year or so to make more cash. Pretty much due to the studio growing too quickly which unfortunately led to layoffs. Like just yesterday I played episode 1 of narrative adventure game called The Council each episode has different endings. I clocked in 2 to 3 hours on episode 1... There are rpg elements, skills, puzzles, exploration etc honestly it's a game Telltale should seriously look at for inspiration. Being brutally honest as much as I like Telltale games the best game they ever put out was The Walking Dead and they haven't made a game quite as good since. Just the little things in Walking Dead like small puzzles and walking around different areas instead of constantly jumping from cutscene to cutscene made it great. Also no, walking around an area just to interact with a computer or something isn't the same. I mean Walking Dead episode 1's shop conundrum with the multiple puzzles/interactions, episode 3 on the farm etc list goes on.

It's sucks that everyone's expectations are based on their lack of faith in Telltale being able to actually make choices matter. They've taken the lazy route so often that nobody expects them to do any better by this point

• Well, on the good side, they had been doing better with this season. Apart from the dissappointing choice about Harley and Bane in episode 2, there has been a lot of branching. I was actually surprised about how they handled that aspect in episode 4, and I hope that the two finales thing becomes something more common in their games from now.

It's sucks that everyone's expectations are based on their lack of faith in Telltale being able to actually make choices matter. They've taken the lazy route so often that nobody expects them to do any better by this point

• i really hope theres a joker / batman duo ending or a selina moving in ending

• Me too, but I have a hard time imagining these scenarios.

i really hope theres a joker / batman duo ending or a selina moving in ending

• edited March 2018

I hope it ends with a musical number.

• edited March 2018

Yes, and ur proof is a very good fanbase with people who are very active in the community still

Dan10 posted: »

Yeah but no one cares about Minecraft.

• edited March 2018

Golden rule #29: No one speaks of the block game that shall not be mentioned.

L-dog posted: »

Yes, and ur proof is a very good fanbase with people who are very active in the community still

• Im sorry for acting kind of rude, but Its your opinion the game is bad. but i enjoy it. are we cool?

Dan10 posted: »

Golden rule #29: No one speaks of the block game that shall not be mentioned.

• Tbh I just want a cliffhanger so we can hopefully get a 3rd season

• I think we will get many endings, with many characters having determinant outcomes.

• I dunno. I don't like cliffhangers. Better to tie up stuff. It dosen't mean you wouldn't have a season 3.

ANXXX7 posted: »

Tbh I just want a cliffhanger so we can hopefully get a 3rd season

• Nah:

AnimalBoy posted: »

I hope it ends with a musical number.

• I agree. If they are not sure about making a third season, then I don´t want any cliffhangers.

Katanas posted: »

I dunno. I don't like cliffhangers. Better to tie up stuff. It dosen't mean you wouldn't have a season 3.

• Even if we don't get multiple endings I hope the journey to that ending will be different from others and personalized by our choices.

• No I say leave a cliffhanger that might set up a Season 3 but conclude the Season 2 story something like Season 1 where we see a villain in the distance or something like that.

I agree. If they are not sure about making a third season, then I don´t want any cliffhangers.

• we might see someone in the background that he was the one who shot riddler.

No I say leave a cliffhanger that might set up a Season 3 but conclude the Season 2 story something like Season 1 where we see a villain in the distance or something like that.

• We could. We really could. (watches wording) There are more than a few developers within Telltale whom are fans of visual novels(big shock, right?) and have admired how some handle true branching(and have praised them for it). Now, the visual novel community is used to canon/non-canon more-so than the average gamer. They are used to sequels picking an ending and giving you new branches in the next game(a new adventure rather than a continuing one). How well that would go over within this community, is unknown(at best... I think we know how this forum would generally react).

I think I would rather them move on to a new story rather than deal with these decisions. Follow the visual novel lead and have your enclosed story with 1-3 branching paths, then move on. We will find new characters to love and hate.

• The thing about TellTale's games are that the choices you make are important to the story. If TellTale decided to move away from the choices we made in Season 2 then perhaps they would need a time jump or something to keep the story away from some of the choices but keep some of the bigger choices such as romantic interests and characters we saved.
    However, I still think that Season 3 should revolve around the League of Shadows and introduce Talia because then if TellTale wanted to they could kill of Bruce Wayne and have the players play as Damian Wayne even though I do not like Damian Wayne's character he would be cool to play as.

Johro posted: »

We could. We really could. (watches wording) There are more than a few developers within Telltale whom are fans of visual novels(big shock

• Who the heck is Damian Wayne ?

The thing about TellTale's games are that the choices you make are important to the story. If TellTale decided to move away from the choices

• ....He’s Robin and Bruce’s son with Talia al Ghul.

Lord Frost posted: »

Who the heck is Damian Wayne ?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.