Possibilities of a Suicide Squad Game

Before you doubt and rant, I know it's too early to tell. But let's discuss the possibilities IF Telltale does make a Suicide Squad spin-off. I'll go first.

1. If multiple playable characters, they should be Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Harley Quinn, and/or Rick Flag.
  2. Related to the above, flashbacks shedding some of the members' backstories. For example, Dr. Harleen Quinzel meeting John Doe prior to becoming Harley Quinn.
  3. Voice actors: Nolan North as Captain Boomerang. Vale de la Maza or Melissa Hutchison as Deadshot's daughter. Gavin Hammon as El Diablo. That's all I could think of.
  4. Agent Blake making a cameo if he survived in The Enigma (or season 2 to an extent).

Now it's your turn. And we can share each others ideas.

Comments

• I don't know about a suicide squad spinoff game but I would love it if they were introduced in season 3. It seems like they're setting it up with Waller.

• It would be definitely interesting to play. Having a team with multiple controlable characters as the center of the story, as well as having them being much more "evil" than Batman can be, could do wonders in a game with choices.

However, I doubt we will ever get one. Main reason being, that episode 5 already features the suicide squad in the vigilante path.

• We don't even know if the group behind Waller is called that... yet.

DOBLEDEDO posted: »

It would be definitely interesting to play. Having a team with multiple controlable characters as the center of the story, as well as having

• And with Harley being put under the Agency's captivity.

I don't know about a suicide squad spinoff game but I would love it if they were introduced in season 3. It seems like they're setting it up with Waller.

• A version of Suicide Squad is looking to be a factor in both paths of Episode 5 - either one which it looks like you'll need to work with in the Villain path or will be going against you and John on the Vigilante path. Harley appears to just be a member on the latter as she's with John in the former, but you'll still look to have Bane, Freeze and Selina in the group.

• We're already going to see Suicide Squad in episode 5, and we've practically been getting that story ever since the end of episode 3 when Waller started talking about using the villains to take out SANCTUS.

• But what if Mr. Freeze is unavailable due to us choosing to lower the temperature in his cell?

A version of Suicide Squad is looking to be a factor in both paths of Episode 5 - either one which it looks like you'll need to work with in

• I don't think that choice is going to affect Freeze's exclusion, maybe more the state he is in in the team, and possibly the way he treats Batman/Bruce. Given I have a good relationship with Selina in my first playthrough and Harley would be absent since I'm on the Villain Joker path, it'll only really be teaming up with Bane which my Batman will have a major issue with, even if Victor isn't any sort of angel he has a level of admirable motives.

matteso586 posted: »

But what if Mr. Freeze is unavailable due to us choosing to lower the temperature in his cell?

• He won´t be a part of the squad no matter what you chose. The Agency wanted him as a test subject to study the Lotus virus, it wouldn´t be really smart to put their only subject to fight Batman with a explosive collar around his neck.

matteso586 posted: »

But what if Mr. Freeze is unavailable due to us choosing to lower the temperature in his cell?

• I highly doubt that suicide squad will be a thing in the villain ending. As a I said in my previous post, Freeze won´t be a part of it since they need him as a living test subject, it would be stupid to risk his life by sending him to fight vigilantes with a explosive collar around his neck. There is also a reason why they chose not to show him in the images they released.

Harley is with John and the episode isn´t long enough to have her get captured and put on the team. Those two are already a big threat to fight and they don´t need to put more villains to make things interesting.

I think the reason we are getting the Suicide Squad in the vigilante ending, is because they needed to put some villains to fight, since John will be in our side for at least part of the story, and Waller´s agents are just generic goons. In the villain path, you don´t have that problem. I think Selina will be forced to work with Bruce by the Agency, and that´s it, as a way to put more pressure in Bruce and make sure he brings both Harley and John. You cant really call "Squad" to a team formed only by Selina and Bane.

A version of Suicide Squad is looking to be a factor in both paths of Episode 5 - either one which it looks like you'll need to work with in

• I think they will be, for the core reason that it counters the idea of Batman working with a traditional villain character in the other setup if he's been required to work with Bane or Freeze. At the very least I expect those two to show up in both situations in different contexts (adding more depending how things with Victor is left, as you say he might be off the board).

• They should just focus on Batman.

• edited November 2019

Batman can counter the Suicide Squad and other more formidable threats with an equally formidable Bat-Family.

I opted for Vigilante playthrough, as this was the best way to gather as many allies as I can for the Bat-Family and keep as many skilled people as I can away from the Agency. It's a talent recruitment war between Bats and Waller!

Here's my ideal Bat-Family to counter Waller's big bad Suicide Squad in Season 3:

• John Doe - Robin (keep him close as a friend; visit him often; he can be Batman's most intelligent and intuitive ally. You won't ever want him as an enemy as he knows and understands Bruce extremely intimately)
    • Tiffany - Batgirl (be honest with her from start to finish, mentor her to prevent her from ever joining the Agency; she's a tech genius and a powerful asset)
    • Selina - Catwoman (she can be a "formidable foe" as Bruce said so in Codex; even if you don't romance her, keep her as an ally by saving her from the Pact in Ep 3 because she proved her worth by never ratting you out even under Harley's interrogation; free her from the Agency at the end of Ep 5)
    • Avesta - Oracle (offer her a job at Wayne Enterprises to shelter her from the Agency, because if not, Waller will make her part of the Suicide Squad; she can become Oracle, the famed DC superhero with a disability...but on the flip side, she might be the conduit for the entrance of the League of Shadows and arrival of Bruce's ex-wife, Talia Al Ghul)
    • Vernon Blake - Nightwing (he was cited as a potential ally in the Vigilante playthrough; he has already expressed gratitude to Batman for saving his life and as mentioned by Bruce in Ep5, will likely join Avesta against Waller)
    • Freeze (lower the temperature in the Airlock to prevent him being part of Waller's Squad; he would be a powerful addition to the Bat-Family)
    • Rumi Mori (though he's an international criminal, Bruce/Batman sees redemption in even the most hardened criminals; help him get away from the bigger villain, the Agency, and he will turn good and support the Bat-Family)
    • Commissioner Gordon (accept his apology and ask to be partners again)
    • Renee Montoya - Batwoman (make sure you choose to back her up over Harvey and accept her apology in Season 1)
    • Willy (save him over the murderous Agent Harrison; he proved just as morally upright as Batman when he said "I ain't no rat", refusing to rat out Joker even when threatened with death).

Imagine what a game it would be!

• I'm a little late, but, I think a 'Suicide Squad' game would be the fucking best idea! Maybe after TTG gets settled this will be a thing!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.