Selina and Avesta in episode 5

I know that this theme is very heavy but I will just ask you a question and I hope you will answer with all sincerity. Do you think we will have to choose between avesta or selina in the final chapter?

Comments

• I don't think it will happen but if it does I would choose Selina in a heartbeat. I love her dynamic with both Bruce and Batman whereas Avesta is incredibly bland and we hardly know anything about her.

• I doubt it. Selina is just a much more fleshed out character, the choice would be too obvious. Avesta may have a lot of fans here, but that doesn´t change the fact that she is a very secondary character that was forgotten about until the last episode. She lacks enough importance to compete with Selina.

• If you are talking romance wise:
    No, I don't think there will be a choice for a possible romance between Bruce and Avesta in this season since there is pretty much no build up for it.

If you are talking about that we might get a choice to rescue Selina in a tricky situation or to rescue Avesta in a tricky situation... perhaps, but I doubt it will be a choice in where one or the other dies.

And if there is a choice, I am on the same path as @VengefulKenny I would pick Selina without hesitation.

• Avesta obviously!!

• I've been having Bruce develop a better and possibly romantic relationship with Avesta in my second run since he isn't a fan of Selina there, so I hope so! Kind of got burnt with Vicki after all and Harley's not my type...

• No, an Avesta romance would feel forced and out of place at this point. Selina is bae.

• I don't think so. Avesta hasn't had as much development as Selina, and apart from the fans on this forum, I haven't found much mention or interest of her elsewhere. A choice involving her vs. another prominent character will probably be a 20%/80% vote. She just doesn't compare yet.
    She'll just be a helpful ally.

Selina however, she might have some determinant relationship status by the end of this. Telltale's been okay so far with having a clear separation between a future with her or without her. I can see a difference in how that plays out this episode.

• edited March 2018

I don't want anything to do with Selina so I’d pick Avesta regardless of the context of the situation. Romantic or not.

• I feel like Selina and Bruce have more chemistry than Bruce and Avesta.

• Several orders of magnitude more, yes.

I hope going the vigilante route with John does not compromise our standing with Catwoman.

This episode is going to fuck me up and there is nothing I can do about it.

Shadow2122 posted: »

I feel like Selina and Bruce have more chemistry than Bruce and Avesta.

• Chasing Selina is what makes the romance between them fun while it may not be a stable relationship, they obviously do care for each other

• I have Villian John route so my standing with her might be good still.

Several orders of magnitude more, yes. I hope going the vigilante route with John does not compromise our standing with Catwoman. This episode is going to fuck me up and there is nothing I can do about it.

• Funny how people dismiss Avesta, when Selina was only relevant in one episode this season.

• I am really hoping at least that Avesta isn't secretly manipulating Bruce and still loyal to Waller.

• Selina treats her relationship with Batman like it's a game she's playing, and maybe Batman's into that, but I'm not. She's nice to have as an ally and all, but my loyalty would go to the one who I don't have to switch between playing flirtatious with and outright brawling on a daily basis.

Also no, I don't think that will be a choice, as I don't see the girls as being comparable to the extent that you'd have to choose one or the other. Not as we've seen them so far.

• Selina is still much more relevant:

-She is Bruce's most well known love interest and has a lot of background in other media. That alone makes the choice very unfair for Avesta.

-She was a major character in season one, where she got a lot of screen time.

-We already had the opportunity to become romantically engaged with her.

-She got more screen time in that episode than Avesta in the whole season.

-She will probably have a major role in episode 5, Avesta not so likely.

So yeah, plenty of reasons to dismiss Avesta and think the choice would be so ridiculous for most players.

Funny how people dismiss Avesta, when Selina was only relevant in one episode this season.

• edited March 2018

Selina does have more relevance than Avesta. In response to @Nightwing6879, however, Avesta isn't so much as being dismissed by others, as she just isn't being preferred to Selina.

@mirashade said:

Selina treats her relationship with Batman like it's a game she's playing, and maybe Batman's into that, but I'm not. She's nice to have as an ally and all, but my loyalty would go to the one who I don't have to switch between playing flirtatious with and outright brawling on a daily basis.

Also no, I don't think that will be a choice, as I don't see the girls as being comparable to the extent that you'd have to choose one or the other. Not as we've seen them so far.

Bruce and Selina's relationship has different aspects to it. However, you don't have physical altercations with Selina on a daily basis, but she does derive pleasure from the thrill of being chased, as it keeps things fresh and exciting. There's nothing really wrong with that. Regardless, in the third episode of season two, if you invite her into the Batcave, she expresses her feelings to Bruce in sincerity. That's how she ultimately feels about him.

In total, Bruce only has three (two of which are determinate) physical altercations [out of seven episodes] with Selina after being formally introduced to her (if I'm remembering correctly). That's less than 50% of the time, and even less than that based on your choices.

The physical altercation between Bruce and Selina in the fifth episode of season two is not only determinate, but also somewhat out of her control.

DOBLEDEDO posted: »

Selina is still much more relevant: -She is Bruce's most well known love interest and has a lot of background in other media. That alone

• edited March 2018

I really thought Selina was great in this episode. I've really liked Selina (especially this season), but I thought she was particularly wonderful in this episode.

She held back (if only a little) when you're fighting on the rooftop and obviously felt bad about the whole situation. Then she was the one that came to help Batman--went out of her way and put her life in danger--after the bomb had gone off.

I'm still hoping for more Avesta if there's a season three, but Merlin's beard Selina was flawless this episode.

• Avesta helps Batman based off choice.

I really thought Selina was great in this episode. I've really liked Selina (especially this season), but I thought she was particularly won

• After he falls from the bomb? What choices make that happen? Because I would've loved Avesta helping (I would prefer her as a love interest).

Zjaa6 posted: »

Avesta helps Batman based off choice.

• Didn’t help Selina at all during the last episode. Didn’t apologize when she was choking me and called me out on leaving her in a cage. Basically told her other lives were more important when I told her I did it because lives were at stake. Didn’t protect her from the bomb and didn’t secure her freedom. On the other hand, I did everything for Avesta. Gave her a job, protected her from the bomb and had Waller promise to leave her alone.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.