What psychological disorders does John have?

I just really wondering if there is a professional(or atleast close to that) psychologist who can answer on that question?

EDIT: It looks like he have a Borderline Personality Disorder

Comments

• I am also interested in this

• I believe doctors have tried to figure out what mental disorders Joker had in the comics and they came to the conclusion that he has none.

• edited March 2018

Being realistic, he probably has Multiple Personality Disorder, Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder at the very least.

• 100%
    He did say in Episode 4 "He become someone vicious and desperate for survival

AnimalBoy posted: »

Being realistic, he probably has Multiple Personality Disorder, Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder at the very least.

• edited March 2018

He's probably a huge composite of different symptoms from different disorders, the schizophrenia spectrum being one of them as someone already pointed out, but I'd like to think there's a certainty that he at least has Borderline Personality Disorder.

People with BPD may feel emotions with greater ease, depth and for a longer time than others do. A core characteristic of BPD is affective instability, which generally manifests as unusually intense emotional responses to environmental triggers, with a slower return to a baseline emotional state. People with BPD often engage in idealization and devaluation of others, alternating between high positive regard for people and great disappointment in them. In Marsha Linehan's view, the sensitivity, intensity, and duration with which people with BPD feel emotions have both positive and negative effects. People with BPD are often exceptionally enthusiastic, idealistic, joyful, and loving. However, they may feel overwhelmed by negative emotions ("anxiety, depression, guilt/shame, worry, anger, etc."), experiencing intense grief instead of sadness, shame and humiliation instead of mild embarrassment, rage instead of annoyance, and panic instead of nervousness

The most distinguishing symptoms of BPD are marked sensitivity to rejection or criticism, and intense fear of possible abandonment. Other symptoms may include feeling unsure of one's personal identity, morals, and values; having paranoid thoughts when feeling stressed; dissociation and depersonalization; and, in moderate to severe cases, stress-induced breaks with reality or psychotic episodes

That's pretty much the entirety of John's character in a nutshell.

• as a psych student, i agree.

booper posted: »

He's probably a huge composite of different symptoms from different disorders, the schizophrenia spectrum being one of them as someone alrea

• edited March 2018

Fuck, this hits the nail on the head. Even the feeling unsure about identity/values/morals.

experiencing shame and humiliation instead of mild embarrassment, rage instead of annoyance,

I even remember that the whole reason why John got murderously pissed at the Riddler is that he'd cut him off during his jokes or something like that. I really think that they designed him with BPD in mind.

He's probably a huge composite of different symptoms from different disorders, the schizophrenia spectrum being one of them as someone alrea

• I pretty much thought the same thing. I'd definitely consider TT John as suffering from BPD

• edited March 2018

Oh damn thx for that info, yeah that matches John entirely, it feels like reading his psychological profile!

• edited March 2018

Yandere.

*Motions to receive high fives*

No?

Well, I thought it was a good answer.

Little joke for the John Doe crowd

Sign in to comment in this discussion.