The only real issue with episode 5 [Spoilers]

So I really enjoyed episode 5 except for the fact that Tiffany was revealed to be the one who killed Riddler. It kinda just felt tagged on, like Telltale realized they never explained who killed Joker so they needed to drop a quick plot twist, even if it didnt make the most sense. Now obviously Im sure Tiffany easily figured out Riddler was responsible for her father's death, but it just felt strange that she became a killer. But overall I think the biggest issue is that its revealed that Batman had a perfect pixel clear image of Tiffany on the bridge. If that part was just removed, I think it would have played out way better, but they added that part in which just bothered me, it just showed this whole time Batman could have easily figured out who killed Riddler.

Obviously not the biggest issue and didnt hurt my enjoyment of the episode, just my one small gripe with episode 5.

Comments

• When you talk about the image of Tiffany on the bridge, you mean this?

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's John, it has his shape and everything.
    Tiffany in the vigilante ending confesses how she killed Riddler by using her Drone, so she didn't actually have to be there, the drone probably has a camera or something like that. There is no way Bruce could have known it was Tiffany.

• Episode 5 right before we talk to Tiffany near the end of the game, Batman is looking at this image on his little arm projector thing, it then zooms in and enhances the image revealing a very clear Tiffany face.

Kaelthas posted: »

When you talk about the image of Tiffany on the bridge, you mean this? Actually, I'm pretty sure that's John, it has his shape and ever

• heres a pico

Kaelthas posted: »

When you talk about the image of Tiffany on the bridge, you mean this? Actually, I'm pretty sure that's John, it has his shape and ever

• Oh, didn't know about that pic, if you tell Waller to outright arrest her you never see it. I guess I saved myself from the plot hole.

Poogers555 posted: »

heres a pico

• edited March 2018

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you on this.
    I would have much preferred the reveal to be someone not yet introduced, but would be further investigated in a future Season/comic. (Say, Deadshot being the first member of Waller's Suicide Squad, and she had this whole plan to get the Pact with her too.)
    I just think it was really odd for it to be an already established character like Tiffany that did it. Tiffany was a promising character to the Bat-family. But now I've got to deal with her having blood on her hands? Mmh. Would have even preferred John over her. Maybe he was just in complete denial of it, or he was in a psychotic state at the time so he didn't remember doing it...

I just don't like being suddenly betrayed by established characters who I never would have suspected. Feels like a "gotcha!" moment for no clear reason, and (if I'm being really honest and digging real deep) kinda like a waste of a potentially good new character, and just a recycle of a character for the sake of it.

Game Of Thrones: The turncoat being the rejected Sentinel was sad (especially whatever reasons they gave me).
    TWD ANF: Eleanor betraying the group. That was just... really? What did I do to you? I liked you.

Not sure how Tiffany knew Riddler was behind it, or where to find him too. That irks me.

P.S.: And that close-up pic? Hmm, that would have been better left out. If Bats had that the whole time, why now does he zoom in?

• Yeah I feel like it could have definitely could have set up a season 3 if it was revealed it was a new character or even if it was an old character, Tiffany doesn't make that much sense. One of my issues is also for Vigilante Joker for me, I told Tiffany to stay at the Bat computer, which she was, and then she just kicks the door down out of no where to go "TWAS I ALL ALONG!" so that felt extra random lmao. And yeah, it feels way more like a "HA! GOTTEM!" type of thing. Didnt really hurt me though because I never really liked Tiffany, so Im low key happy because I could tell her I want nothing to do with her lmao. But story wise doesnt make the most sense.

Like you mentioned in GoT it didnt feel correct, especially for me. The person I originally appointed I found myself not to agree with in later episodes and I was always agreeing with the other guy until the traitor reveal. I agreed with him so much the only thing he said for why he betrayed me was just "you didnt choose me" so that felt kinda lame. ANF was also lame, I think it was mostly because they forgot Eleanor was even a character and had to do "something" with her, even if it made no sense at all to the story or her character.

Well I think Tiffany probably put two and two together and knew that what Bruce and Lucius were looking at was a Riddler trap. And from there Im sure she figured out that it meant Riddler was responsible for killing her dad. Would have been nice for more explanation but yeah. Ep 5's ending felt a little rushed to me in all honesty, which kinda sucked because the episode was so good, just for the really quick tying up who killed Riddler and then abruptly ending with the stop being Batman or be lose Alfred choice.

AChicken posted: »

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you on this. I would have much preferred the reveal to be someone not yet introduced, but would be further inv

• I called that it was Tiffany after the first episode. It's sort of obvious if you follow how these sorts of twists are structured. She had clear motive, but the game relies on the player assuming Riddler's death was related to The Pact. They kept implying it was John, which made him too obvious, and the rest of the group clearly still needed Riddler, which is why they had to steal his body. Waller said at one point she wanted to use him, so the Agency would've preferred him alive. When you boil that all down, Tiffany as an outlier to the story is the only logical conclusion. It was the same with Vicki being Lady Arkham twist (which I also called). There's a formula to working it out.
    The only other possibility might have been that it was a new character, but setting up a mystery at the beginning of season 2, that isn't then answered and built upon until a later season is a little too long-term for Telltale. I get why people wanted it to be Deathstroke or Deadshot, but it was never going to be.
    The photo to prove it was a pretty stupid plot hole, but I guess that was just to stop anyone from coming up with conspiracy theories that it was a false confession and secretly someone else did it.

• Yeah it was very weird. Didn't exactly feel right but it kinda of makes sense ish.

• I actually really liked this twist

• I do agree, its not that bad of a twist, its really just that part where we see Batman could easily see who it was the whole time that bothered me. If just wasnt there I think I would have liked it a lot better. It just seemed silly that after all this time wondering who done it, the whole time Batman just needed to press a button lmao

Zyphon posted: »

I actually really liked this twist

• I agree, I think the main issue with it is just how it shows "Hey I could have figured this out ages ago with extreme ease" but for some reason we didnt lmao

I think they could have just explained it a bit better on the roof so they wouldnt need to show the pic to stop the theories. She said she used a drone, could have been Tiffany showing Batman drone footage of that night on the bridge to prove it or something

I called that it was Tiffany after the first episode. It's sort of obvious if you follow how these sorts of twists are structured. She had c

• Oh, yeah. I guess I didn't catch on to that. Still, it wasn't enough to really run it for me or anything, but I thought it was a really nice twist that I didn't see coming, even though looking back there were a few clues I could have caught if I'd paid attention. I also think it ties into the overall themes, which was nice.

Poogers555 posted: »

I do agree, its not that bad of a twist, its really just that part where we see Batman could easily see who it was the whole time that bothe

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited March 2018

I suppose the main reason they did the picture was to stop any doubt that it was Tiffany. Because we all know how it works: when a twist like this happens, you have people that refuse to believe it and think it's a conspiracy. What better way to prove it than a picture of her?

But I do agree that there was probably a better way to get the point across without having a magical close-up. Make him enhance the image of the shooter and realize they are carrying a drone, backing up Tiffany's confession. Maybe he accesses footage from Tiffany's drone (since she syncs it with his cowl in episode 5 no matter what), which shows Tiffany in it. Something where it could be a more understandable oversight on Bruce's part, rather than "shit I forgot to zoom in this whole time"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.