Villain Or Vigilante?

This season brought a great angle on Joker if you chose the Vigilante side, you got to see an unlikely duo between him and Batman, and the way episode 5 starts is amazing, the way he fights with Batman, and throughout the episode no matter how bad Joker acts you still want to be loyal to him, because you genuinely think he can get better and you want to help him, but is the Villain path better? The classic Joker we all know and love, the intensity etc... Personally I think putting a twist on the joker was amazing.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• This is my second favorite Joker (absolute favorite is Heath Ledger, for obvious reasons) and I think the Vigilante path works really well for him. I truly think it's tragic how everything went down in that path so I am very happy with the resolution. That last Arkham scene was heartbreaking, but also kinda hopeful in a way? Maybe their friendship can live on :')

• I am in the minority here but i strongly prefered the vigilante path. I love how the episode starts with a bit of a goofy tone "i was laughing out loud at some of joker's lines" and how it slowly escalates into something much more intense. I also felt Joker wasn't really wrong in his views. Hd calls batman a hypocrite and...well..he's not wrong, why should waller get a free pass? Joker's psychotic breakdown WAS. Abbit sudden, but to be fair, theyf been building it all season, plys, to have waller rught in his hands, the woman who pushed him over the edge, n bayman just halting him, cud see why hed pop. Lastly, ythat final fight was BEAUTIFUL. Way better than villain. Really felt desperate. Almost sounded as thp joker weere crying as he was laughing. Held a much bigger emtional heft. I piked villain route...i LOVED vigilante

• edited March 2018

As a lot of users mentioned before, vigilante is something new.
    I didn't like everything about it, pacing and character development was a bit lame, but I think it might lead to something interesting in the future.
    And personally I wanted him and Batman to stay friends, and I didn't want to break his mind further. Arkham or not, he's in better condition in vigilante than in villain, and he knows he's not alone, which is good.
    Besides, vigilante feels like a more threat right now, which is good too. Loved fighting with him, a little training and he'll become even better.

• I went to make John vigilante and even though I knew he was corrupt I didn’t expect him to kill the agents at the end like that. Unexpectedly, I enjoyed the villian’s playthrough more because I got more time with catwoman, had a fun time messing with John and Harley during the dinner scene and really loved that final fight scene. It made me understand more how lonely John was.

• KaelthasKaelthas Banned
    edited March 2018

I don't think people liked the Villain path just because is the classic Joker, you make it sound like we went for the same old same old.

People think Villain joker is amazing because it has a way more interesting story that doesn't turn on you at last moment just so it makes sense for the original character. What I liked about Vigilante is that you get to fight both Waller AND John, Ep 4 bulit it up as the two of them being the villains, but the vigilante path rushed it so badly and honestly, without creativity. You go look at the Villain path and you have tons of different scenarios and situations, the way the Fun House was thought and made was amazing, but what do you get in the scenery of the Vigilante path? A boring alley,a boring alley, a boring alley, oh a roof top, a boring alley, and the Ace Chemical place. Is like they wasted all the budget in thinking clever lines and jokes for John and totally forgot about the actual story.

• Sure the vigilante path is new and fresh but at the end of the day after playing both paths I felt like the Villain path was more entertaining, at least for me. I was on edge for the bigger part of the episode and the ending is a bit more satisfying than the Vigilante ending.

I miss some closure scenes with Gordon and Selina for example, I never get to see the condition of Gordon after he got shot twice and got his job back as commissioner and after Bruce set Selina free from the Agency I would have liked them to have a talk about where they stand and how they feel about each other... some small details that were missing that made me a bit disappointed after I finished the episode to be fair.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.