Can Someone Explain? (Ep 5 Spoilers)

I played the Vigilante path (regrettingly now) and this whole situation just angered me. Catwoman gets put under control by the Agency. I'm at the rooftop scene and Waller agrees to leave town. The other condition my Batman makes it to let Catwoman go. Waller says okay, if I hand over Joker. I said deal. Shit hit the fan, but in the end, Joker goes to Arkham, Waller leaves town, and Catwoman... is still under Agency control. What in the hell happened to the damn deal? Especially after the "I love you" scene, I've heard she's able to be freed in the Villain path, but where's the logic in the fact that I accepted the deal but she stayed under control?

Comments

• You have to choose a specific dialog option when you're in the ambulance after the Joker fight. It's the ''You owe me'' option. Sadly that's the only way to do it, which is bs since it's not something everyone would choose.

• That pisses me off. This Season was so damn good up to this bullshit.

Snup' posted: »

You have to choose a specific dialog option when you're in the ambulance after the Joker fight. It's the ''You owe me'' option. Sadly that's the only way to do it, which is bs since it's not something everyone would choose.

• It truly is annoying.

BroKenny posted: »

That pisses me off. This Season was so damn good up to this bullshit.

• What's even worse is that I'll have to replay the whole damn episode to say ONE fucking line differently.

It truly is annoying.

• You have to remind Waller of the deal you made for Catwoman to be freed from being forced to serve in Waller's task force.

• You don't have to choose the "You owe me option"

The game is just slightly glitched. If you asked Waller to free Catwoman on the roof, whether you gave over John or not, then it counts. Check your choices under the extra menu, it should be fixed.

• Nope, says the same thing for me.

Zyphon posted: »

You don't have to choose the "You owe me option" The game is just slightly glitched. If you asked Waller to free Catwoman on the roof, whether you gave over John or not, then it counts. Check your choices under the extra menu, it should be fixed.

• Simply bargaining on the rooftop wasn't enough because the bombs ended up going off and Batman failed to deliver Joker at that moment. You have to remind Waller that she owes you and then bring up the Catwoman situation again.

• I find it funny but really clever that unless you bring up your favour to Waller in the end, she walks away not even giving a hint as to your arrangement, and there's nothing you can do about it from there on.
    Super shady, but oh so good.

Simply bargaining on the rooftop wasn't enough because the bombs ended up going off and Batman failed to deliver Joker at that moment. You have to remind Waller that she owes you and then bring up the Catwoman situation again.

• which is bs since it's not something everyone would choose.

Why is that BS? Telltale isn't known to want to make choices that everyone would choose. In my opinion, if you want Catwoman free, the obvious option is to double down on your efforts to free her. If you don't choose the option, don't blame Telltale for not making it an obvious outcome. That's not Telltale's m.o.

You have to choose a specific dialog option when you're in the ambulance after the Joker fight. It's the ''You owe me'' option. Sadly that's the only way to do it, which is bs since it's not something everyone would choose.

• That I can agree with. Telltale needs to add a feature to play through the chapters you want instead of having to play through the whole episode again. That's why I'm so reluctant to replay to check my choices sometimes. One replay is good enough, but after a while you 're just like "Skip....Skip...SKIP.....COME ON." It's tedious.

Someone should pitch that idea to the staff, seriously. To be honest, it feels like such an obvious change, I wouldn't be surprised if it was already brought up before.

What's even worse is that I'll have to replay the whole damn episode to say ONE fucking line differently.

• Chapter Select was a feature in Tales From The Borderlands, I don't know why they would ever drop it.

Sarunas21 posted: »

That I can agree with. Telltale needs to add a feature to play through the chapters you want instead of having to play through the whole epi

• Right, I forgot. Haven't touched Borderlands in forever. I hate when developers take key features out of games that made it better. It's not like they gained anything from removing it.

mirashade posted: »

Chapter Select was a feature in Tales From The Borderlands, I don't know why they would ever drop it.

• They really need to bring back chapter select.

What's even worse is that I'll have to replay the whole damn episode to say ONE fucking line differently.

• Wait.... so the whole deal is about one line?! I didn't care much for Catwoman and we didn't end up on good terms anyway but I'm still pissed she's under Agency control. Fuuuuck. And I decided to stay humble in that ambulance talk...

• I assume it had something to do with the new engine? Though TT might have just not wanted people to replay chapters and go through the whole episode for... reasons.

Sarunas21 posted: »

Right, I forgot. Haven't touched Borderlands in forever. I hate when developers take key features out of games that made it better. It's not like they gained anything from removing it.

• I decided not to choose "You owe me" cause I thought she'll flip and instead waited for her to offer a favor or something but towards the end of the conversation I flipped instead. I could've gotten Catwoman free if I chose this sole line of dialogue. I'm laughing like hell right now this is actually amazing

• edited March 2018

Why did Telltale get rid of rewind?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.