Season 3 release date

When do you guys think season 3 will come out??

Tagged:

Comments

• It will depend what the Q4 of 2018 game turns out to be, since it might be Season 3 of Batman, but it might be something else too. If that's the case I think more likely next year, which I think it the better choice since it will mean more time to ensure the different situations from Season 1 and 2 can be implemented for Season 3.

• If there will be a season three with all the classic characters it will come earliest in autumn 2019

One can only hope since I still not get the happy ending between Bruce and Selina... it's close but not quite there...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We won't be getting a season 3, if there is going to be one, for a LONG time.

• They heavily suggest there will be a season 3 in every single ending. So I would imagine they will get working on it after TWDS4 is released.

• Maybe 2020? They seem to have a lot of stuff lined up.

• Honestly for the people that chose the “give up Batman” choice like I did I don’t see how they can continue even though there is still a lot to rap up. Unless they want to make “Bruce: the telltale series”

• edited March 2018

I think they'll be able to manage that. I mean, the ending with the Joker in Arkham Aka John Doe implies there will be season 3. This seasons ending just doesn't feel like thats it, it was waaaay too open. There is so much more to explore in the Batman Universe. Telltale barely scratched the surface. I feel like IF done correctly they can easily deliver a plausible reason for Bruce becoming Batman again. Also, we need more Selina yo!

Creeper1846 posted: »

Honestly for the people that chose the “give up Batman” choice like I did I don’t see how they can continue even though there is still a lot to rap up. Unless they want to make “Bruce: the telltale series”

• edited March 2018

That's the easiest fix actually. There'll be something horrible that happens and it'll be so horrible and beyond the GCPD that Bruce will have no choice but to become batman again. Or it could be that Bruce caved in and started batman up again resulting in Alfred leaving. It just wouldn't be on screen type of thing it'd be a mention from Tiffany or in letter form or something. I'm hoping it'd be the something so horrible Bruce has no choice thing though because I think it'd kind of be cool to see how that unfolds.

Honestly for the people that chose the “give up Batman” choice like I did I don’t see how they can continue even though there is still a lot to rap up. Unless they want to make “Bruce: the telltale series”

• edited March 2018

Easy. As crime rates continue to go up and Joker keeps on killing people and escaping, Alfred will realize that Gotham needs Bruce and the Batman. With all the crime around him, Bruce would feel guilty and responsible for not keeping people safe. Alfred will see he is not "happy" and allow him to go back to what made him who he is. He would accept the fact that Bruce is Batman, and let Bruce go back to being the Bat. If you have Tiffany as an ally, he could see that she needs role models like Bruce to help her find something in life. If you have her as a villain, then he can see the destruction she causes and realizes she must be stopped in order to keep the Fox family name in good standing (since he still clearly cares for that family.)

If you chose let Alfred go. Bruce continues to struggle for his survival and has trouble tracking down enemies since it's just him and Tiffany (determinant). Alfred notices how bad Gotham is, and feels that he abandoned Bruce, something he promised in S1 not to do. Thus, he goes back to Gotham to earn back Bruce's trust and re-take his role.

Obvious things that point to a S3

1. The obvious cliffhangers in EVERY ending.

2. The fact Waller still has the suicide squad.

3. They did nothing with Freeze in either ending. He said he would survive the virus like Riddler did, thus he can become even more powerful and demented.

4. Waller suggesting Bruce take Avesta out for a date, and giving her the option of staying and working at Wayne Enterprises. Suggesting a future love triangle with Selena, Bruce, and Avesta.

5. Penguin and Two Face.

6. Jim Gordon not going out on good terms with Batman.

• edited March 2018

How can you say that?

@Pyro902 said:

I think they'll be able to manage that. I mean, the ending with the Joker in Arkham Aka John Doe implies there will be season 3. This seasons ending just doesn't feel like thats it, it was waaaay too open. There is so much more to explore in the Batman Universe. Telltale barely scratched the surface. I feel like IF done correctly they can easily deliver a plausible reason for Bruce becoming Batman again. Also, we need more Selina yo!

I agree with you completely. Telltale Games may be an indie game developer, but they have the necessary essentials to continue this series. Contrary to popular belief, a third season of Batman is not only possible, but also probable. On Steam, Batman: The Enemy Within has sold more copies than Guardians Of The Galaxy and Minecraft: Story Mode: Season Two, and both of those games were released before it.

Guardians Of The Galaxy:

• Release Date: April 18, 2017
    • Owners: 72,803 (currently)

Minecraft: Story Mode: Season Two:

• Release Date: July 11, 2017
    • Owners: 44,563 (currently)

Batman: The Enemy Within:

• Release Date: August 8, 2017
    • Owners: 75,653 (currently)

The owners of these games based on release dates is telling. Batman: The Enemy Within was the most recent release, and it still has sold the most copies. It's also worth considering that Guardians Of The Galaxy and Minecraft: Story Mode: Season Two has probably went on sale more times, too. Now mind you, the number of copies being sold isn't necessarily what influences Telltale Games to make sequels, but the Batman series is one of their more popular series right now. Why wouldn't they?

To answer the original question, though, the third season of Batman probably won't be released (much less announced) until after The Walking Dead: The Final Season, The Wolf Among Us: Season Two, or both of these games are fully released.

protocol115 posted: »

We won't be getting a season 3, if there is going to be one, for a LONG time.

• Here's an official tweet from Pete Hawley (the current CEO of Telltale Games):

• Probably some time in the near future, right now Telltale are working on TWD The Finale Season and TWUA S2 and after those games they will probably be returning to either one of their older games, make a S2 of GOTG or move on to a whole new game.

• I think maybe next year. Telltale is already busy with the final season of The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us and Game of Thrones.

• Hate to break it to you but they won't be making a GOTG season 2. That game was supposed to be a big success but it wasn't, partially due to the art style I believe.

Tazmangamez posted: »

Probably some time in the near future, right now Telltale are working on TWD The Finale Season and TWUA S2 and after those games they will probably be returning to either one of their older games, make a S2 of GOTG or move on to a whole new game.

• Now that's an answer I'd never expect from Telltale. Honesty is appreciated.

Here's an official tweet from Pete Hawley (the current CEO of Telltale Games):

• Damn I love this guy already.
    So it aint that unlikely.

• edited March 2018

@DanteTimes2 said:

Now that's an answer I'd never expect from Telltale. Honesty is appreciated.

Pete Hawley is definitely shaping up to be the best CEO of Telltale Games. As I have said before already, a third installment in the franchise is likely.

ThaDreey posted: »

Damn I love this guy already. So it aint that unlikely.

• That's weird...

I just checked GOTG sales not super long ago and it was like only 45k lmao I guess a big jump happened there

How can you say that? @Pyro902 said: I think they'll be able to manage that. I mean, the ending with the Joker in Arkham Aka Jo

• What website did you use to check the statistics?

Poogers555 posted: »

That's weird... I just checked GOTG sales not super long ago and it was like only 45k lmao I guess a big jump happened there

• Steam data base like you, I was just saying I checked maybe like 2 weeks ago and I was like "damn this thing really did not sell at all"

What website did you use to check the statistics?

• Oh! I didn't know when you last checked for an update on the sales.

Poogers555 posted: »

Steam data base like you, I was just saying I checked maybe like 2 weeks ago and I was like "damn this thing really did not sell at all"

• As a few others have already said - I think we will definitely get a 3rd season of Batman. Thing is, Telltale Games currently has TWD: S4 and TWAU: S2 on their plates, plus there's Pete Hawley's new direction for Telltale - quality over quantity, and the willingness to create new, original IP's... what I'm trying to say is, it might be a while until we don the cape again. Pete's tweet gives me hope.

• They've been working on those titles for a long time. I think Batman S3 releasing around Christmas time could be a possibility.

Arrow-Rand posted: »

I think maybe next year. Telltale is already busy with the final season of The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us and Game of Thrones.

• Thanks for letting me know, I was one of the people who liked the Series and was actually waiting for a Season 2. On the other hand we still have Spider-Man PS4 and The Avengers game to look forward to.

Hate to break it to you but they won't be making a GOTG season 2. That game was supposed to be a big success but it wasn't, partially due to the art style I believe.

• Ohhh? Very nice, that's more transparency than I expected from Telltale. I like this guy.

• Yeah Insomniac will finally break the spiderman game curse.

Tazmangamez posted: »

Thanks for letting me know, I was one of the people who liked the Series and was actually waiting for a Season 2. On the other hand we still have Spider-Man PS4 and The Avengers game to look forward to.

• I did not think of that

gta3demon posted: »

They've been working on those titles for a long time. I think Batman S3 releasing around Christmas time could be a possibility.

• My assumption will be they start working on Batman season 3 sometime this summer and then release around Christmas. Once Walking Dead s4 and WAU finishes.

Arrow-Rand posted: »

I did not think of that

• I didn't think I'd get this invested in Batman (since season 1 was ehh to me), but my god I LOVED Enemy Within. It is hands down my favorite Telltale Game. I even loooove the Walking Dead, but seeing them release the news about season 4 has me sad because I don't want to move on from Batman :( lol.

Heres hoping that they do make a season 3, and that it isn't too far away! I know they have to release Walking dead and Wolf Among Us first, but hopefully Batman will be right after those.

• There must be a season 3.
    There's just so much things they could add, like new villains scarecrow, killer croc, poison ivy and many more characters. Maybe even returning of Vicki Vale fighting to expose batman identity. What if all prisoners from Arkham escape.
    There are so many allies he could work with to fight crime like his partner Gordon, Iman Avesta working at Wayne tower, Tiffany fighting along side Batman and in my case i am her mentor which all these things must be continued in season 3 there are so many possibilities.
    Its all up to Telltale, i know they can make season 3 if they really want to.

• I strongly agree, Batman the Telltale series has been by far the best TTG yet! I can’t wait for the third season and I’m praying it’ll be in the near future!

Suzy222 posted: »

I didn't think I'd get this invested in Batman (since season 1 was ehh to me), but my god I LOVED Enemy Within. It is hands down my favorite

• Completely in line with this.

Suzy222 posted: »

I didn't think I'd get this invested in Batman (since season 1 was ehh to me), but my god I LOVED Enemy Within. It is hands down my favorite

• This year = TWAU & TWD
    Next year = MCSM & Batman.

To me, it's a more of a when then if.

• Nah Minecraft ain't getting a third season friend. It's got 13 more episodes than it deserves already.

This year = TWAU & TWD Next year = MCSM & Batman. To me, it's a more of a when then if.

• LMAO

DanteTimes2 posted: »

Nah Minecraft ain't getting a third season friend. It's got 13 more episodes than it deserves already.

• I absolutely ADORED The Enemy Within - I loved S1 but S2 for me ... WOW!! Amazing!! I mean TWAU is my fave game.. but blimey Batman WOW!! I would be totally stoked for a S3 for 2019/2020 :)

• edited March 2018

I can't believe it...

All hail Pete Hawley.

• edited March 2018

Wanna bet 1000$ that Minecraft will get another season or DLC? :D
    (Back to the topic) I do think Telltale would like to release season 3 when a new batman movie. You know for the free advertisement.

DanteTimes2 posted: »

Nah Minecraft ain't getting a third season friend. It's got 13 more episodes than it deserves already.

• I'm sure we will get a Season 3 but it will be a very long time until we do. I think Batman 3 will be scrapped like Minecraft 3 for a while. They already promised us The Wolf Among Us 2 (THANK GOD!!!) and are just wrapping up The Walking Dead, arguably their best series. Hell, Tales from the Borderlands ended with that nasty cliffhanger and deserves a sequel too! Then again, Telltale may also do Guardians 2, and maybe another new game like Spider-Man, Star Wars or something. They ended Batman 2 pretty good enough. It was bitter sweet.

• I disagree on the part to say that it ended good, there is very little closure at all. There are more questions now than it was before the season started.

It's far from the worst endings I've seen but it screams all over it: "To be continued..."

Daviddv0601 posted: »

I'm sure we will get a Season 3 but it will be a very long time until we do. I think Batman 3 will be scrapped like Minecraft 3 for a while.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.