Favorite Batman Villains in the Telltale Series

Who is everyone’s favorite villain from the Telltale series? Mine is definitely Harley. As my favorite fictional character, I was really pleased with how they handled her making her way more independent and having her lead the villains and still making her a genuine villain with a human motivation.

Comments

• She kinda took a back seat story wise episode 3 on wards though. Felt like they could of done more with her character development/relationship with Bruce.

• Really? I thought it was cool how they handled her as the main threat for a while.

She kinda took a back seat story wise episode 3 on wards though. Felt like they could of done more with her character development/relationship with Bruce.

• Harvey Dent and John. Those characters were already interesting in the source material, but Telltale managed to make them relatable and feel like actually real persons with good intentions that were destroyed by believable mental problems and the circumstances that surrounded them.

I think that's the reason why both of them are usually the fan favorites villains of their respective seasons. You get to meet them and become friends with them, and that makes it a lot more tragic and engaging when you have to fight them.

• Totally agree, Harvey and John have definitely been well done and well received, coupled with the hope you can save them from themselves. Now imagine if the various versions of them can meet in Season 3... B)

DOBLEDEDO posted: »

Harvey Dent and John. Those characters were already interesting in the source material, but Telltale managed to make them relatable and feel

• Here's my ranking:

1. Joker
    2. Two-Face
    3. Penguin
    4. Harley Quinn
    5. Lady Arkham
    6. Riddler
    7. Mr. Freeze
    8. Falcone
    9. Bane
    10. Amanda Waller

There's some other minor ones like Victor Zsasz and Blockbuster that I won't include.

• Waller isn't really a villain though.

Here's my ranking: * Joker * Two-Face * Penguin * Harley Quinn * Lady Arkham * Riddler * Mr. Freeze * Falcone * Bane * Amanda Waller There's some other minor ones like Victor Zsasz and Blockbuster that I won't include.

• She's an antagonist. Especially in the Vigilante ending.

Waller isn't really a villain though.

• edited March 2018

John, Harvey and Harley, in that order.

Harley would be higher on that list, but they didn't handle her character properly by the end of Ep 5. All of Bruce and Harley's interactions were battles of wits in an attempt to control the situations they were in together. That's what made her character interesting to me, so I honestly don't believe the end to her character arc should've solely been a fight. It should've been something like stopping Harvey in Wayne Manor after it's burned. We could've challenged her where she excelled at, which is the mind. She didn't have much to do as an Agency asset. She was handled pretty easily on the rooftop and the crime scene didn't really pose any issues either. She shined brightest when you talked to her like in Ep 3. So that was very disappointing.

• edited March 2018

Bane is my favorite, since in my playthrough John is a vigilante. Bane posed a serious physical threat to Batman, even defeated him in their first fight. I also really liked their fight in Episode 5, during the vigilante path. Plus Bane's theme is awesome.

• She's the worst of them all. I'd say she qualifies.

Waller isn't really a villain though.

• Don't mess with The Wall.

DanteTimes2 posted: »

She's the worst of them all. I'd say she qualifies.

• The Riddler
    Vigilante Joker

• 1) Villain Joker
    2) Penguin
    3) Two Face
    4) Harley Quinn
    5) Lady Arkham

• In no particular order:
    Bane
    Joker (both versions but leaning a bit more towards Vigilante)
    Lady Arkham
    Two-Face
    Penguin

Honorable mentions: Harley and Riddler!

• My favourite villain was definitelyTwo-Face, followed closely by Villain Joker. I love both Harvey and John's characters. They're definitely my favourite ones in their respective seasons (John was in S1, but he was quite different back then).

• Harvey was doubtlessly and will forever remain my favorite, (I hate acknowledging him as a villain) though I will speak about John, too.

It's truly just that sense of understanding them as people and forming a genuine, personal connection and relationship before witnessing their fall from grace. Straining to remain a friend, a guide, and a pillar of strength as the world collapses around them and they succumb to their illness...It's powerful and you truly want to help them escape that darkness. The journey of fighting against that inevitable tragedy, the lingering hope, it makes you value them as you may not have otherwise. Perhaps the relationship with John is more twisted and with more pretenses, but many players grew to experience those same emotions.

From its introduction, the friendship with Harvey felt so natural. In my eyes, there was something about him (and John) that felt genuine and human. He was charming, enaging, and perhaps a bit self-important. His intentions and ambitions were palpably pure: he wanted to better his home and the well-being of the individuals comprising it. Perhaps he was willing to bear small tokens of moral sacrifice, but it was clearly in the aim of fulfilling that selfless goal. Despite it all, he seemed truly good and virtuous, and a well-meaning friend. A person with human flaws and strengths that were nearly unbelievable.

Through the banter, we were greeted to the rays of hope he inspired in Bruce, small touches of the personal care. As circumstances heightened to their intensity, I just felt a desperation to reach out, but it felt as if fate were pinning Bruce and Harvey alike.

Through that mental battle, we gained insight into his insecurities and his past, and that just breathed more life into him. But in spite of those being more universally understandable, the severity of his illness is much more difficult for Bruce to understand, and that makes us feel helpless, desperate. He's such an amazing person, and it's terribly painful to see that same person struggling against a voice that opposes everything he believes in and destorys everything that's beautiful to him, knowing he's in there, paralyzed. We just need to reach. We just need to believe.

• This right here is exactly what I was thinking. This version of Two Face actually felt sympathy for the guy, he just wanted to make his city a better place to live. one of my favorite part from Harvey is in episode 3 where Harvey is fighting you and Selina and after the fight, he's on the ground begging Bruce to help him. Another favorite scene with Harvey is where in episode 5, if you went after Penguin, where you try to talk Harvey down and if you throw the coin over the balcony, he can be in pain and confused. The music in those scenes were fantastic and really shaped Two Face.

Kenny726 posted: »

Harvey was doubtlessly and will forever remain my favorite, (I hate acknowledging him as a villain) though I will speak about John, too.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.