Telltale's Batman Series(DCEU should take notes)

When they first announced Batman back in the day...I was sorta unimpressed. I mean how many ways can you do Batman? But I still laid down my 25 bucks and waited and hoped with a bit of cynicism that they did not screw it up. The opening scene with the poor guard getting his brains getting blown out the back of his skull signaled that we were in for a dark story that would twist our notions of what we knew about the Batman universe as Telltale got to change things.

Telltale had fun changing things around....how many people put their trust in Vicki Vale based on regular canon, only to have that trust smashed over their heads when it turned out she was the main villain in S1? Penguin ...I did not care for all that much...I loved his design...but he was the weak link and forgettable. But Harvey Dent...I believed in Harvey Dent...and watching his transformation...with some minor burns added...he was well done(teehee)

CatBat...yeah I ship it.

Then there is John Doe in the act of Becoming...Bruce's best new Pal...what a wonderful character.

S1 was overall a well done series that left me wanting more.....

MORE DID I SAY? Because a few short months later....they announce S2....MORE JOHN!!!....Avesta!!!....Waller(BOO Hisss) A cool looking Bane....criminally underused Mr. Freeze...Harley!! and some Cat....I dearly loved this season...I wish it had been longer....Oh and the Combat is something that TWD should take note of...still qte but not boring like e,e,e,e,e

Plotholes...oh hell yes....but a far better story than any of the DCEU live action movies...Hell part of me wishes that Warner Animation would make some movies based on the Telltale stuff. Lady Arkham would rock.

Telltale you did a real good job with this series....and I will miss it. But I cannot wait to see what you have up your sleeves next.

Comments

• DCEU is making Superman and Batman look like criminals and killers, they turned Joker into a pimp, they released Justice League and BvS just before the solo movies for Batman, Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash (They didn't even introduce Green Lantern, he is one of the most important members of the Justice League) and used Martha as a stupid excuse for Batman refusing to kill Superman.

The only thing they got right is the casting (Except for Lex Luthor, Joker and most of the Suicide Squad cast) and the action scenes.

• Oh yeah, TTG really did a good job with the whole Batman stuff.

• Feels like on this day and age, the people that makes movies dosen't care anymore about creating stories, they only care about making money.
    On this game, and particularly this Season of Batman, you can tell there is a lot of passion and dedication put on the story, the characters and the overall design. I hope Telltale keeps making their games with such dedication. There are many game franchises I loved untill they also transformed into big CASH cows milked only for money.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.