Do you think Gordon has figured out Batman's identity by now?

• Episode 1: You can either tell him that Lucius was your friend, or he infers it himself
  • Episode 2: You can tell him that Waller knows your identity, and he says that all you ever need to be is Batman
  • Episode 3: You can determinately tell him that Bruce Wayne is also Batman's friend, and when he tries to arrest Wayne you learn that he is aware that Bruce is under Agency protection
  • Episode 5: In the vigilante route he apologizes for going after Wayne, and when Waller is yelling at you, calling you "a rich guy with all the toys who beats up on lunatics", Gordon is smoking a cigarette on the side of the van just a few feet away. It is my guess that he heard the entire conversation.

What do you think? Has Gordon figured it out by now and he just hasn't said anything? Or is he seriously the world's most oblivious detective?

Comments

• People said it before but i think Gordon doesn't care about who is Batman.

• @VengefulKenny I found myself asking the same question, mostly during episode 5 and the already mentioned scene with Waller. It would be intresting to see Gordon starting to slowly connecting the dots

• The final Gordon scene in the vigilante playthrough definitely gave me the vibe that he figured it out but doesn't care to bring it up.

@VengefulKenny I found myself asking the same question, mostly during episode 5 and the already mentioned scene with Waller. It would be intresting to see Gordon starting to slowly connecting the dots

• edited March 2018

I rewatched it myself and you're right; like OP said, Gordon heard all of it. Waller also mentions Avesta having pegged you "as soon as she entered your office." Gordon probably started figuring out what happened as soon as he entered Bruce's office to arrest him as well.

The final Gordon scene in the vigilante playthrough definitely gave me the vibe that he figured it out but doesn't care to bring it up.

• I think he knows but he doesnt care.
    Like he said all you ever need to be is Batman.

• You are talking about the vigilante path, but he should also have figured it out in the villain ending. He sees how Batman is captured by the Joker and then it turns outs Bruce Wayne is the one who escapes and defeats him, without Batman making any appearances.

• Didn't even think about this, but like the others said I think he probably has a good idea who it is by now but doesn't care. At least I hope so lol... Even john figured it out pretty easily

DOBLEDEDO posted: »

You are talking about the vigilante path, but he should also have figured it out in the villain ending. He sees how Batman is captured by th

• I'm pretty sure Gordon knows, he is not dumb and can work things out pretty quickly. Remember in episode 1 when he and batman investigated riddlers hideout? He was able to piece everything together.

I dont think he cares if he knows Bruce is batman as long as he is around to help fight crime

• edited April 2018

Gordon would have heard that entire conversation so that would make sense. If there was option to tell Gordon who you really were I would have done it.
    So Waller may have indirectly not kept her part of the agreement which is not to reveal Bruce's identity. With her yelling I'm pretty sure that everyone around would have turned around and listened in and then realise that Batman is Bruce.

I would have liked to see Waller put on Trial. For her to just leave gotham without consequence is not right

Piggs posted: »

I rewatched it myself and you're right; like OP said, Gordon heard all of it. Waller also mentions Avesta having pegged you "as soon as she

• Gordon's portrayed as a moron. No he doesn't know but should if he was a good cop. Unfortunately his emotions get the best of him constantly. His hatred of Bruce Wayne illustrates this. It's irrational.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.