no sound, this choice is blank in batman evil within for ps4

hi everybody,

hopefully someone can help me out, cant figure out whats wrong. i recently bought the batman evil within season pass for ps4 and downloaded the first episode.

i started it and noticed that the sound was strange, i cant here anybody talking. in the very first scene you can clearly see alfred moving his lips but you cant hear him talk. also the subtitles are missing. shortly after this you have to make your first choice but for each of the three possible choices there is only "this choice is blank!"

so i deleted the whole episode and downloaded it from the psn store again, installation was OK, i also deleted my save file and created a new one. no changes, still no sound and still no choices to make.

how can i fix this?

Comments

• That's very strange. I bought the disc release and this never happened to me. I also play on PS4.
    Try deleting the game from your library and maybe start again.

• I have the same issue! I have deleted, downloaded, redownload, etc. Several times and nothing seems to work. It's getting quite upsetting ??. Please let me know if there's a solution to this

• i already deleted the game from the ps4 and downloaded it again, i also deleted my save file and created a new one. nothing helps.

That's very strange. I bought the disc release and this never happened to me. I also play on PS4. Try deleting the game from your library and maybe start again.

• that is really annoying, i really liked the first season and was looking forward to play the second one. payed 18 euros for this, downloaded, installed and than this shit happens. really annoying...

Parzival16 posted: »

I have the same issue! I have deleted, downloaded, redownload, etc. Several times and nothing seems to work. It's getting quite upsetting ??. Please let me know if there's a solution to this

• Same here.. No solution?

• I had this problem, managed to solve it. I had it because there was a bug in the versions that WEREN'T IN ENGLISH.
    After contacting telltale i just couldn't wait, so i decided to try this, and it did work for me:
    1 Delete game data
    2 Delete save (it automaticaly creates one just cuz u started episode 1)
    3 Change system's language (i changed from portuguese to english, but u could try any change)
    4 download the game and play it, should avoid the bug now

It is worth mentioning i got a response from telltale saying they fixed the bug tho, just a sec:

• "
    Jessica (Telltale Games Player Support)

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. The issue with languages in Episode 1 of Batman: The Enemy Within on the PS4 should now be resolved, and you should be able to play in Portuguese again.

Please close the game and make sure that it is fully updated. Once it is updated, please launch the game again and see if this issue is still occurring.

If it is still occurring for you, please try clearing your cache. To do so, please take the following steps:
    To clear your cache, please take the following steps:
    Turn off your PS4. Do not enter Rest Mode.
    Once the indicator light on top of your PS4 is off and has stopped blinking, unplug the power cord from the back of your console.
    Wait at least 30 seconds.
    Plug the power cord back into your PS4 and turn it on.

If you are still seeing this issue after clearing your cache, please let us know.

Regards,
    Jessica
    This email is a service from Telltale Games Player Support.
    [6LXMR6-PL6Z]
    "

• amazingly this worked for me, thank you very much!! as you wrote: delete game data, delete save file, change system language to english (i had german) and downloaded the whole thing again. now i have sound, subtitles and most important: real choices!
    after reinstalling the episode i re-changed my system language to german back, it is still working. seems like it needed a first start with english system language...
    very strange that this is not a sort of "known bug" with an official knowledge base article. cant immagine i am the only one on earth with an NON-english Playstation 4...
    thanks again! can finally start season 2 now :-D

AstroZombie posted: »

I had this problem, managed to solve it. I had it because there was a bug in the versions that WEREN'T IN ENGLISH. After contacting tellta

• For assistance with your problem, feel free to consult the Telltale Support Center. From there, you can search for the solution to your problem depending on which Telltale series you are playing as well as the platform you are playing on.

If you still need further assistance, you may also try the following:

[Please note that this message is only posted by volunteer community Moderators. Community Moderators are not Telltale Staff.]

This discussion has been closed.