Favorite year in gaming

edited April 2018 in General Chat

So what is your favorite year regarding game releases or experiences?

Mine would be 2015, this was a year pack full of great story driven games like:

-bloodborne
-tales from the borderlands
-Witcher 3
-fallout 4
- until dawn
- Life is strange
- Undertale
....and so on

Tagged:

Comments

• edited April 2018

Either 2013 or 2015 because I played 5 awesome games each year.

• The Last of Us
    • GTA 5 (Even though I think it's overrated)
    • Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag
    • Outlast
    • Tomb Raider

• Bloodborne (Probably my favorite game)
    • Until Dawn
    • Tales from the Borderlands
    • Dying Light
    • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
  • edited April 2018

That would be 2008 for me,one of the best games i've played that year and also the year i fell in love with Mass effect.

Mass effect

Grand Theft Auto IV

Fallout 3

Burnout Paradise

Battlefield Bad Company

I know there's a lot of games i probably forget here but
    These are the most popular ones i've played that year i think.

I've heard 1998 is one of the best year in gaming and i don't think i could argue with them.

• Mass Effect was released in 2007.

iFoRias posted: »

That would be 2008 for me,one of the best games i've played that year and also the year i fell in love with Mass effect. 2008 Mass eff

• You're right,i guess i have a bad memory it's been a long time since i played the first Mass effect.

AronDracula posted: »

Mass Effect was released in 2007.

• 2004, 2009 and 2016 for me! Had titles like Metal Gear Solid 3, Uncharted 2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Uncharted 4 and Overwatch

• edited April 2018

Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country, Earthbound
    The year Super Nintendo really crushed it in North America.

I've heard 1998 is one of the best year in gaming and i don't think i could argue with them.

Half-Life, Crash, Resident Evil 2, Baldur's Gate, Spyro, Ocarina(I'm not a Zelda fan personally). Yeah, that's definitely a top one.

• 2014, since it gave us Smash Brothers on 3DS.

• Those early 2000’s days were just the best years for gaming. Classics like gta San Andreas, the sims 2, the original battlefront games and a bunch of other random stuff were what I lived and breathed

• Its got to be 2011 for me,
    Batman: Arkham City
    Portal 2
    Marvel VS Capcom 3
    Little Big Planet 2
    Star Wars The Old Republic (Still in trend but only really played by Star Wars fans)
    DC Universe Online
    Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars
    Skylanders: Spyro's Adventures
    Captain America: Super Soldier
    The year was filled with games I loved to play and still do love to play from time to time! :)

• I don't know if I really have a personal favorite year, though I remember thinking 2010, 2012, and 2016 were pretty good years. This year has so far been pretty good as well. I definitely gotta mention last year, 2017. It was full of awesome games, many I still haven't gotten around to playing. My top 5 games that year were all 10/10, if not very close.

• What were your top 5 games?

Just curious

BlueLink3 posted: »

I don't know if I really have a personal favorite year, though I remember thinking 2010, 2012, and 2016 were pretty good years. This year ha

• I found IGN's History of Awesome series highlighted the best games of most years since 1977.

2007 was great in that it saw the start of four iconic game series - Bioshock, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect.

1. Breath of the Wild
    2. Persona 5
    3. Super Mario Odyssey
    4. NieR: Automata
    5. The Evil Within 2
      Three and four are more or less interchangeable.
    Umbassabro posted: »

What were your top 5 games? Just curious

• The only one I haven’t played is breath of the wild, I’m just waiting for the inevitable game of the year edition

BlueLink3 posted: »

* Breath of the Wild * Persona 5 * Super Mario Odyssey * NieR: Automata * The Evil Within 2 Three and four are more or less interchangeable.

• My top 3 would have to be:
    2010 - Halo Reach
    2011 - Gears of War 3 and Skyrim, even though it was 2012 when I got fully immersed
    2013 - GTA V, The Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, Battlefield 4, The Wolf Among Us, TWD S2.

I can't help but list some honorable mentions too:
    2007 - Halo 3
    2009 - Assassin's Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2
    2012 - Far Cry 3, TWD S1, Minecraft Xbox Edition.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.