A Death of the Family Movie?

The villain Joker path got me thinking. Since we kinda got a video game adaptation of Death of the Family, why don't we get an animated adaptation of that particular story?

The team I had in mind. Music composer: Christopher Drake. Writer: One of the writers that wrote the original comic book version. Director: Sam Liu.

Comments

• The Red Hood movie already covered that story.

• That’s Death in the Family. Death of the Family is a different story.

DOBLEDEDO posted: »

The Red Hood movie already covered that story.

• It would be cool to see an animated movie of Death of the Family and this game made me think of that particular storyline as well.

AnimalBoy posted: »

That’s Death in the Family. Death of the Family is a different story.

• And besides, Death IN the Family didn't have a "dinner party".

AnimalBoy posted: »

That’s Death in the Family. Death of the Family is a different story.

• I’m wouldn’t be surprised if an animated movie of Death of the Family is in the works.

• edited May 2018

That would be great. Scott Snyder did a terrific story on that comic. Actually I think that the DLC of Batman Arkham Knight, (when you play as Batgirl) had inspiration from Death of the Family.

• No, I think it's more inspired by The Killing Joke. Besides, that DLC didn't have a "dinner party".

Katanas posted: »

That would be great. Scott Snyder did a terrific story on that comic. Actually I think that the DLC of Batman Arkham Knight, (when you play as Batgirl) had inspiration from Death of the Family.

• The Killing Joke has a greater influence on that DLC than Death of the Family like the user above me explained.

matteso586 posted: »

No, I think it's more inspired by The Killing Joke. Besides, that DLC didn't have a "dinner party".

• edited May 2018

Well, the dialogue from the Joker when he talks to Batgirl seems to touch on Death of the Family. Joker motivations are also similar, and the DLC is called Batgirl: A matter of family. No dinner party, but it was a "Valentine's gift" to Batman. The plan to send Robin and Batgirl's corpses as a twisted gift. The Joker in the Death of the Family also wanted to prove to Batman how they needed each other by making that party dinner a "gift" to their endless fight. It is the Arkham Origins game actually, that seems to have more inspiration from the Killing Joke with the whole therapy daydreaming thing with Harley.

matteso586 posted: »

No, I think it's more inspired by The Killing Joke. Besides, that DLC didn't have a "dinner party".

• You know you are right now that I think of it the Batgirl DLC did have some parts which were similar to Death of the Family's storyline. Also if I recall correctly I think at one point Joker wanted to marry Batgirl, which was a bit creepy to be honest.

Katanas posted: »

Well, the dialogue from the Joker when he talks to Batgirl seems to touch on Death of the Family. Joker motivations are also similar, and th

• I believe it's supposed to be creepy.

You know you are right now that I think of it the Batgirl DLC did have some parts which were similar to Death of the Family's storyline. Als

• I never said it wasn't supposed to be a creepy story lol.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I believe it's supposed to be creepy.

• Well the way you worded it seemed to imply it wasn't supposed to be. My mistake.

I never said it wasn't supposed to be a creepy story lol.

• It's alright I reread it and it did seem like that hehehe :smile:

AgentZ46 posted: »

Well the way you worded it seemed to imply it wasn't supposed to be. My mistake.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.