Character Development in this game is A+ (obvious spoiler alert)

I just want to say... Batman S2 has probably one of the best character developments in the history of Telltale games. I mean, compare John Doe at the beginning of EP1 to the end of EP5 (especially Villain route):

After my disinterest and falling lack of trust in Telltale Games in what I like to call an "ANF era" or "dark ages", I'm experiencing a strong resurgence of my love towards devs. Such a good season.

Tagged:

Comments

• They sure knew how to make us love this guy more than anything in this season.Thats a plus on em hope he's not the last well written charecter in ttg future games.

• Yeah, Batman TEW was leaps and bounds above Batman s1 and basically all of Telltale's recent games. It was incredible and I can't wait for a potential season 3.

P.S. vigilante Joker is freakin' amazing

• edited May 2018

Yea his character development was great. I think one of the best character developments along with kenny from TWD.

• edited May 2018

Gotta agree completely, Telltale games released in the last few years, including Batman S1 seemed to be like some sort of formula that they just copy and pasted into their next game which made me lose interest in Telltale's games in general but after playing Batman S2 i got really caught up in their games again and it is also what made me create this account. I just loved everything about it, the story, the characters and their relationships with Bruce (especially John and Selina). Can't wait for S3 :)

• There has been so much amazing character development from season one and two, John/Joker has been handled fantastic and really made him the main star, there is such a difference like @Jacol mentions from season one when we first meet him at the Asylum to when we get our finale between him and Bruce... hopefully this is not the end of that story either.

Gordon has some great development back and forward when he struggles to do what he thinks is the best thing to keep Gotham safe, always interesting to see how he views Batman and how he "deals" with him.

Selina got a great chance to redeem herself and opens up a lot more than she did in season one... hopefully, those who want to can continue the relationship between Bruce and her since they both had their chance to confess how they feel about each other.

Alfred is always caring but you can really see that season two is tough on him, it is not something he can carry lightly but I hope he will return even if you did not give up Batman.

So yeah, the character development is handled really good and this is exciting times to see what Telltale will bring us in the future!

• Welcome to the forums, Pyro902. Season 1 did seem a lot more formulaic than Season 2. I'm glad that they took some risks, and I think they made some amazing choices with John Doe in Season 2 vs his brief Season 1 appearance. My only regret for Selina in Season 2 is that more of her involvement with events and characters aside from Bruce weren't more deeply explored. I think that's where they could've definitely won me over on the Selina hype train.

Hopefully we can look forward to more risk taking, and character focused fun in not only Season 3 but the other titles TellTale has in the works. Next most anticipated for me is TWAU Season 2.

Pyro902 posted: »

Gotta agree completely, Telltale games released in the last few years, including Batman S1 seemed to be like some sort of formula that they

• edited May 2018

Agreed.

I hope that they did not explore some subplots and characters as much as they could have, not because of lack of time and focus on the main plotline, but because they are saving it for next season ;)

Poptarts posted: »

Welcome to the forums, Pyro902. Season 1 did seem a lot more formulaic than Season 2. I'm glad that they took some risks, and I think they m

• Thanks, had a great first month on here meeting great people! ;) I loved the whole development of John in this season and i hope he continues to play a big part in the upcoming seasons, same goes for Selina. I agree with you on that, a little background on the whole Eddie-Selina relationship would've been nice, what she was doing in Europe the whole time she was away and also a little more than just a dialogue line explaining to Bruce how she got caught by Waller and John (Villain).

Hope that too but after seeing all the leaked footage from TWD looking at it from a graphical point things look really interesting and it looks like Telltale is again ready to make some changes. Same, not that much of a TWD fan, can't wait for TWAU S2 and Batman S3 though :)

Poptarts posted: »

Welcome to the forums, Pyro902. Season 1 did seem a lot more formulaic than Season 2. I'm glad that they took some risks, and I think they m

Sign in to comment in this discussion.