Life is strange

What is your opinion on life is strange did you felt emotional at the end of the game?

Tagged:

Comments

• The game had a great soundtrack. It's episodic releases really built up suspense when Kate was on the roof getting ready to kill herself before it cut to black. Overall, It was a really good game.

• I think it's an alright game overall with a lot of problems. With the biggest problems being voice acting (a lot of the voice acting is just straight up bad), characters (many of them range from cliche to unlikable) and story (many loose plot threads and predictable/nonsense endings).

However it has a really nice soundtrack, great atmosphere, really big hubs with lots of interactivity, and the time powers add an interesting gameplay and story element.

• One of the most overrated games that has ever been made. The game is one big pile of shit wrapped in more shit buried beneath 50 feet of shit. The only emotion I felt at the end was joy that Chloe was finally dead.

• The only really emotional part for me was when we spent time with alternate timeline Chloë.

Life is strange is a game I had to play several times to truly enjoy amd It was worth it.

• This.

It's a game you either love or really hate.

lupinb0y posted: »

I think it's an alright game overall with a lot of problems. With the biggest problems being voice acting (a lot of the voice acting is just

• edited May 2018

Yep, I personally really loved playing through it back then in 2015 (and I still love it, really enjoyed replaying it along with Before The Storm by going at it in a chronological order after Farewell was released) in spite of being able to agree with some of the flaws that some people point out. I guess it's just one of those games where players' reception of it is... polarized.

iFoRias posted: »

This. It's a game you either love or really hate.

• The first time I played it I didn't think much of it. I disliked the final episode and kind of forgot about the game for a few years.

But I played the game again last summer because I wanted to get some platinums to my new PSN account (as my old account got permabanned for posting a photo of a random glitch in one of the communities). Let's just say I experienced the game on a much deeper level this time. I'm not gonna go too much in the details but I was left thinking about the game for months after finishing it. Feels weird to say it but it really changed me. With all its cringy dialogue and overall flaws it managed to somehow get under my skin.

I can definitely see why some people don't like it. But I personally love it for what it is and will probably never forget the experience. I'm just glad I gave it another shot.

• another LiS thread... you guys are running out of ideas uh?

• I get excited for a short time when something new pops up in lis, like BTS announcement. But then a week and a half later I get over it.

• edited June 2018

Completely disagree with that. Certainly not overrated. It had it’s issues as all games do but i’d rather actually “play” a game than sit through cut scenes choosing dialogue or have short ass episodes and lack of gameplay like the majority of Telltale’s games these days. LIS also gave us decent backgrounds to all of it’s characters, even some of the minor ones. I’ve always been a fan of pictures like showing the life of a character and the sort of person he or she is. The diary was also a cool feature to learn more about the game and characters.

Your opinion anyway. I think it’s better than your suggesting but whatever

One of the most overrated games that has ever been made. The game is one big pile of shit wrapped in more shit buried beneath 50 feet of shit. The only emotion I felt at the end was joy that Chloe was finally dead.

• edited June 2018

Solid game with some really consistent flaws. Writing quality is all over the place, choices don't amount to much of anything, last episode has some of the worst pacing (the nightmare sequence was stupid, long and entirely pointless) and plot holes I've seen. When it is good its really good tho, but I still found Max to be a very dull boring protagonist and Chloe mostly obnoxious (She was great in before the storm tho) Captain spirit made me feel just better overall about season 2.

And did I feel emotional at the end? I picked Chloe over Arcadia so no I just didn't care anymore at that point pfft. I did replay to watch the other ending but I was already so done with the finale I did not get close to the reaction they wanted.

• Great ideas for gameplay and story (the promise of a slice of life story is what sold me on the game initially) undermined by writers who don't seem to have on solid grasp on (or possibly a favorable impression on) how teenagers actually talk and act, or how to properly handle supernatural powers in storytelling (and to a lesser extent game designers who don't know how to translate them into engaging gameplay) for that matter. Couple that with very poor facial animations for a game that focuses on dramatic emotions as well as all the consequences of your previous choices coming to a full stop at the end for the sake of a poetic final choice and yeah its just a very ambitious joke to me.

• Just an ok game with a cancerous fanbase.

• ladies and gentlemen the number one hater of LiS is back

AronDracula posted: »

Just an ok game with a cancerous fanbase.

• So when I said an ok game, it results me as hater number one.

ok

MegaXD posted: »

ladies and gentlemen the number one hater of LiS is back

• @MetallicaRules in this very thread: "The game is one big pile of shit wrapped in more shit buried beneath 50 feet of shit."

Aron: "It was ok."

Clearly Aron's hatred knows no bounds.

• I thought the writing was exceptional! Before The Storm had major plot issues but i still enjoyed that too. I agree about Episode 5 of LIS and the nightmare part, it wasn’t good at all but i disagree about choices not amounting to much, they certainly do, they are a lot more noticeable than choices we get in some of Telltale’s more recent games that’s for certain!

Fair enough on your opinion though.

Solid game with some really consistent flaws. Writing quality is all over the place, choices don't amount to much of anything, last episode

• HEY...THAT'S MY TITLE!

• you should give a look at all of his comments in the original LiS thread, he’s been shitting on this game since day one
    Metalica on the other hand doesn’t comment that much but when he does, completely shits this game too so yeah they both are number 1

Cocoa2736 posted: »

@MetallicaRules in this very thread: "The game is one big pile of shit wrapped in more shit buried beneath 50 feet of shit." Aron: "It was ok." Clearly Aron's hatred knows no bounds.

• edited June 2018

so yeah they both are number 1

@AronDracula @MetallicaRules @Everyone'sClemInTime

you should give a look at all of his comments in the original LiS thread, he’s been shitting on this game since day one Metalica on the o

• The game was decent, but the ending was garbage, the whole thing with Max getting her powers to learn not use them was really stupid.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.