Your ideas for games that you wanted to make?

edited July 2018 in General Chat

Have you ever brainstormed your own concepts for games that you wanted to develop on? Here you can share those ideas and see what others think!

Please try to be respectful with any criticism that you might have towards other people's idea. There's nothing wrong with giving criticism, but it should be reasonable enough so people feel comfortable sharing. Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• From my post on the Telltale discord:

I had one where a paranormal investigator gets a tip from a spirit that there would soon be a serial killer in their town who has the ability to control and speak to the dead. The killer senses the seance and stops the ghost before they can tell them who the killer is. The game would be about exploring the town and using the spirits for clues on the identity of the serial killer while trying to keep them from finding out who you are.

• Great idea. I like the thrilling point of the serial killer.
    Well, I had one too, but it's just a brain nonsense production, lol. I was thinking about a game where there's a clown character (though I hate clowns, anyway..) which is played by each new member. And there should be a feature to change the settings and the cities.

Mark
    Author of Bullying Century and Mirror People - Awkward Things Inside how-to guides.

• I've always thought Time Traveling games are something that the Gaming Industry is lacking a lot of at the moment, I had this idea a while back when I was playing Lego Dimensions, how about a game where you can travel to any year you want and alter events that will happen in the future? Sure, it would probably take a couple of years to finish but I just think that the concept of the game would be awesome. Just imagine traveling back to the western days and giving them Iphones and bunch of modern technology, then imagine traveling back to 2018 and seeing how much technology has evolved since then. For those of you who don't understand that, traveling back to the western days and giving them that kind of technology would alter the future because if they were to have technology of today in the past, then today's technology would be even more advanced. The possibilities would be endless and it would take a while for the game to release but it would definitely be worth the wait.

• My friend and I always said that if we ever made a video game, we'd set it in a steampunk version of feudal Japan. Have no clue what the storyline or gameplay mechanics would be, but it's a pretty cool setting that I'd be more than open to exploring. I don't know jackshit about game design though, so it'll likely never see the light of day.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.