Seeing as Walking Dead: TFS is most likely the last Telltale game launching in 2018, unless there is some kind of big surprise announcement for a game coming out soon, what does Telltale have up their sleeves for 2019? The two obvious games that have already been announced are TWAU S2 and Stranger Things. This may be all Telltale has planned for 2019, seeing as their new policy is fewer, better games, around 2-3 a year. However, could we possibly get a third Telltale game launching in 2019? If we do, there are a few likely possibilities.
- Batman S3 - Batman: TEW ended with set-up towards a sequel, and seeing as how close the release dates between S1 E5 and S2 E1 were, we could possibly see at least the beginning of Batman S3 by the end of 2019.
- GOTG S2 - Guardians S1 ended with a post credits scene, and Telltale probably wants to continue their partnership with Marvel, so a Guardians S2 seems very likely. The question is, could we see it begin in 2019?
- Minecraft: Story Mode S3 - Seeing as Minecraft: SM is very popular, especially with younger audiences, and the upcoming Minecraft: Story Mode series on Netflix, it seems Telltale would want to continue the series. Personally, I don't think it will happen in 2019, but it's possible.
- Another TWD Spin-off - It has been said that although TFS is the end of Clementine's story, it is not the end of Telltale's The Walking Dead. What does this mean? Most likely another spin-off, akin to Michonne. Will it launch in 2019? I doubt it, as Telltale will probably wanna let some time pass between TFS and another spin-off. It's a possibility, but I find it unlikely.
Now, here's what it definitely won't be.
- Tales from the Borderlands S2 - Personally, I thought TFTB was a good standalone story, but seeing as it was so popular and fans are begging for S2, it wouldn't be shocking if it happened. However, Telltale would most likely want to wait until Borderlands 3 comes out, which currently has no release date. Once that comes out, S2 will seem much more likely.
- Game of Thrones S2 - It has already been stated that production on GOT has been put on hold until the end of the television series. Seeing as the series ends in 2019, I could see a 2020-2021 release date. However, rushing it in after the show ends just seems like a recipe for disaster, and I doubt Telltale would make that mistake.
What do I think the third Telltale game could be? Personally, I feel the most likely choice would be Batman S3, seeing as Telltale is already releasing TWAU S2 in 2019, and TWAU is based on a Vertigo comic, and Vertigo is owned by DC. Also, there was only an eight month wait between the end of S1 and the beginning of S2, and if they follow that pattern, I could see it coming in 2019, although I predict there will be a longer wait between Batman S2 and 3 than there was S1 and 2. The second most likely choice is GOTG, as another comic themed game would make sense, and it will have already been over a year since S1's ending at the beginning of 2019. What do you think the third Telltale game of 2019 could be? Do you think we may only get the already announced two games?