This game is a very well-done thingamabob!

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
I absolutely love this game! The style, the voice works, the animations, the story(so far). I've only been playing for about 20 minutes, and i have been laughing so much my stomach hurts. The Sam & Max spirit is totally intact. And i love how Sam says has the same reply to the lava lamp and the calendar in the office, as he did in the old game. And Max's replies too. And the way Max walks around doing silly stuff, it made me feel right at home.

I can't stress this enough; This is, so far, a very well done game! Congratulations Telltale - i will be awaiting the next episodes with great anticipation. You're good!

Comments

• edited November 2006
    I agree.

I think this is Telltale's first really successful effort, and I can't wait for the 5 next episodes.

There's still some problem-areas to talk about, but we'll leave that alone for a few more days... let's just enjoy!!
  • edited November 2006
    elsenator wrote: »
    I absolutely love this game! The style, the voice
    I can't stress this enough; This is, so far, a very well done game! Congratulations Telltale - i will be awaiting the next episodes with great anticipation. You're good!

+1
    Great job! I never saw anything good as Episode 1 since original Sam&Max and ofc FullThrottle :rolleyes:
  • edited November 2006
    I was having fits of giggles every few minutes. Humour: mostly successful. Woo! Also I was REALLY impressed by the graphics; they managed to do a lot with what looked like very little. In most games, background graphics are just blurry... thingies... but you can see the text and detail on every single graphic in the game.

Only thing I didn't like: Max's incessant commenting. The comments themselves were witty, but his voice grated.
  • edited November 2006
    I cannot agree more. This game is way too cool but way too short. I guess this is what quality likes.

Adventure games have lost their magic touch since the Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle and this one has truely bring it back. Totally!!!

I cannot appreciate more. I think telltalegames should start adventure games business. Clearly they have talents there.
  • edited November 2006
    Oh, and let me just correct myself. I wrote in my top post about the lava lamp, and the calendar, but i seem to have things mixed up. There are no lava lamp and calendar in Hit the Road, so i must've seen it in some Culture Shock movie earlier on... my mistake. But that doesn't make the game any less good :)
  • edited November 2006
    Don Kuan wrote: »
    I think telltalegames should start adventure games business. Clearly they have talents there.

:eek:

Seconded!
  • edited November 2006
    I cannot appreciate more. I think telltalegames should start adventure games business. Clearly they have talents there.

Am I missing something? If TTG isn't an AG company, what is?
  • edited November 2006
    Lucasarts!
  • edited November 2006
    Giligan wrote: »
    Am I missing something? If TTG isn't an AG company, what is?

Apology for my statement. Shouldn't have alcohol while I am playing the game or foruming.
  • edited November 2006
    Apology for my statement. Shouldn't have alcohol while I am playing the game or foruming.

But it makes everything twice as fun! And often quite swirly...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.