Baseball/Basketball Fans?

What are your favorite teams and players for either sport, and what do you like about the sport the most?

Tagged:

Comments

• edited July 2018

I love baseball, it’s my favorite sport to watch. I am a huge Yankee fan, have been since I was 5, and brew up watching the Core 4 of Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Andy Pettitte, and Jorge Posada. Now, we have another dynasty growing with the likes of Miguel Andujar, Glayber Torres, Luis Severino, and of course, the honorable Aaron Judge. All rise, here comes the Judge.

As for basketball, fuck it. I used to enjoy watching it, but now, I can’t even watch 5 seconds of a game anymore. It’s not fun when it has become as predictable as it has. Come on, the Cavs and Golden State FOUR FUCKING YEARS in a row, it lost its appeal the 2nd time around. And while Golden State was made up of several key players that has led them to become the powerhouse they are, Cleveland was led by one sole player...Lebron James. Now don’t get me wrong, he’s an amazing player, one of the best that’s ever played, but that’s the sad state of basketball now. The rest of the team can be a literal shitshow, but you have one good player, and that somehow makes you a playoff contender. The best thing about Lebron’s move to the Lakers is that it finally ends the 4 year run of Cavs v. Warriors, but that doesn’t slove the NBA’s predictability. I have paid no attention to basketball over the last couple of years, but I’ll put down all the money I have on what next years Finals matchup will be...Warriors and Celtics. Now the other leagues may also have this problem, being a Yankee fan, I understand why people hate us because we can afford to buy anyone, but none of the other leagues are as egregious as the NBA. How can anyone actually be invested in a league that has 3, maybe 4, legitimate contenders, and everyone else is fucked.

Watch the parts on Houston and him discussing the matchup, those are especially great moments.

• Personally, I don't have a favorite team, I just have players I like. Kyrie Irving and Jamal Crawford for their handles.

• same here I don't have a team. I have a player.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Personally, I don't have a favorite team, I just have players I like. Kyrie Irving and Jamal Crawford for their handles.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.