Just Some Buggies

edited November 2006 in Game Support
Bug List (List your bugs encountered here. Provide Hardware Specifications)

(Also wanted to thank Doug Tabacco for the email and quip. hehehe. :P)

#1 Not sure if this is a bug or not, In Bosco's when Sam reads out the magazines, the text goes through the list Organ Trader, Self Loathing Weekly, Hotbunny. But before Sam can actually say "HotBunny" Max jumps in and says "Oh let me see that", referring to Self Loathing Weekly.

#2 Also not sure if this is a bug, but it is annoying. Once you have something in your hand, you can't get rid of it until you leave the room or area that you're in. Same goes for the crosshair. Usually the item goes back into the inventory once you try it with something else, but that isn't the case here.

#3 In Sybil's Psychotherapy business, When using the Tear Gas Gun on the Fan behind the Soda Popper, Sam says something (forget what) but his voice has an extremely strange echo. This might make sense if he were walking over to the fan and speaking into it, but it only happens when you use the Tear Gas Gun on it, and this does not make any sense to me?

#4 Sound is "grainy" on some people's systems (One Report is from a user with an Audigy ZS Card. http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1215 http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691

#5 Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 causes seemingly random errors upon initial starting of the game. Some users report that restarting the game fixes the issue. http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1199

Comments

• edited November 2006
    When the game ends the credits roll and after that you just get a static screen with some traffic type sounds playing in the background. can't get out of it other than going back to windows and crashing the app.

(well thats what happened to me anyway)
  • edited November 2006
    When the game ends the credits roll and after that you just get a static screen with some traffic type sounds playing in the background. can't get out of it other than going back to windows and crashing the app.

(well thats what happened to me anyway)

Me too. Pretty crazy. I was trying to get that options bar to come down, but no ...
  • edited November 2006
    Sound is "grainy" on some people's systems (One Report is from a user with an Audigy ZS Card.
    I am also having this problem with a SoundBlaster Live! 24Bit
  • bahbah
    edited November 2006
    For #2,

Right clicking always works for me for removing an item from the hand, or the aim cursor for the gun.
  • edited November 2006
    Right-click to remove the item.
  • edited November 2006
    Jokieman wrote: »
    #1 Not sure if this is a bug or not, In Bosco's when Sam reads out the magazines, the text goes through the list Organ Trader, Self Loathing Weekly, Hotbunny. But before Sam can actually say "HotBunny" Max jumps in and says "Oh let me see that", referring to Self Loathing Weekly.

*spoiler warning*

Yeah... it spoils the joke. And I think that happened somewhere else for me to.
    UPDATE: When you ask Sybil for som defense for the hypnosis, then a line is jumped! Just replayed the game, couldn't resist :D

Another minor bug thingy... After the soda poppers has escaped in their van (and so on) their van is still standing next to Boscos Store :) (not after Sam is kidnapped I just noticed)
  • BasBas
    edited November 2006
    Here's an odd one: if I play the game with the sound over my speakers, everything is fine, but if I plug in my headphones, I can't hear the voices. Only the music. I didn't think of checking wether or not the sound effects play. Any ideas?

Another thing is that every time after I reboot, the game tells me that it couldn't find the activation key. I have to click "I already purchased this game" again, and fill in the code from the email and my password, and it'll work fine.

Those are the only two bugs I encountered so far. I'm running it on a 2.8GHz P4, 1GB of memory, a GeForce7800, and an Audigy 2. What might be an issue is that I'm running it on Windows Vista RC1. I haven't tried it on XP yet, but is this is an issue, it might be wise fixing it, seeing how the next episodes are going to be released after Vista has come out.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    Those are both really weird. :eek:
  • BasBas
    edited November 2006
    I know, the activation thing I can sort of figure, it being on an unsupported OS and everything, but the voices?

Only guesses I can make at the cause are either channel issues (as in, if you listen to a 5.1 sound source on stereo headphones, you only get the left and right channels (usually the music) and not the center channel (usually the voices), or dodgy unsupported Creative drivers (lord knows Creative writes poor drivers).

I'm not sure if the game is even played out in 5.1 channel sound though, so.. just guesses.

I'll install the game on XP Pro SP2 tomorrow, and see what that gets me. I'll keep you posted.
  • edited November 2006
    I can't reproduce the audio thing on an Audigy LS under vista, sorry :(
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2006
    A few other people have had voices and sound effects but not music. It probably has to do with the audio channel. Why it would happen only on your headphones, I don't know.
  • edited November 2006
    Also, in Bosco's, when trying to do something to the box of the little guy when he's in the bathroom, max is always standing IN sam, making him punch him away all the time, but he just lands or walks back into sam...
  • edited November 2006
    JK1985 wrote: »
    *spoiler warning*

UPDATE: When you ask Sybil for som defense for the hypnosis, then a line is jumped!

I get this too, he starts asking about the hypnosis defense, gets about 3 words into his sentence, and then Sybil jumps in with her dialog. very strange. Also have the "Hotbunny" skip, but thats more of a minor thing. I really want to hear Sam finish that sentence at the tattoo par...er, psychotherapists.
  • edited November 2006
    Here's a fresh bug: My ram gets overloaded whenever I play; it goes to virtual memory after about a half hour of playing. (I'm running it on Win2000.) Near as I can figure, the game doesn't free up the ram when I leave a room.
  • edited November 2006
    Actually, I had to do a restart after playing S&M for an hour. It totally ate all my ram, didnt give it back to the system even after quitting. Computer ran like a turtle afterwards.
  • edited November 2006
    In the final area, using an item on Max causes him to "stand" to deliver his usual responses, which creates a big visual glitch. To be more specific...
    he goes through the ropes.
  • edited November 2006
    Floor disappears on final level

1. I ALT-RETURNED to put the game in a window (so I could look up hints)
    2. When I returned to the window with alt-tab, i pressed alt-return to make it full screen again
    3. The floor was black / not visible beneath the soda poppers immediately when I got back

It returned after the camera changed position.

What a great little game that was. I think I'm a fan of episodic gaming. Finally a game I could afford.
  • edited November 2006
    except wrote: »
    Actually, I had to do a restart after playing S&M for an hour. It totally ate all my ram, didnt give it back to the system even after quitting. Computer ran like a turtle afterwards.

I get the same (the game crashed on me multiply times through the story). Funny though, after each crash I got an empty error-box with a blank button to press. Though after finishing the game, it crashed and finally added the text to the box. Guess it's the prize for completing it :D

sm-error.gif

and then it was turtle-power.
This discussion has been closed.