[SCRIPT,AHK,SOLVED] Joypad mouse emulation

THIS IS A TOTALLY UNOFFICIAL SCRIPT AND SHOULD ANYBODY EVER RUN TO THE SUPPORT TEAM WITHOUT PRIOR CHECKING WHETHER AN ISSUE PERSISTS IF THE GAME IS RUN WITHOUT THE EXTENSION, I'LL HAVE HIS BRAINS FOR BREAKFAST!

The topic says it all really. I've been playing ToMI for a few days with a simple AutoHotKey script that enhances ToMI's joypad support on the XBox gamepad (Apparently, XPadder works too, but I've never tried it). Specifically it extents the default controls

Left Stick: Move
X: Action
O: Back
[]: Inventory
/\: Inspect
Start: Pause
Select: Menu

with the following mappings

Right Stick: Cursor control
L1: Run
R1: Hotspot highlighting
R3: Action

To make it work, you've got to have AutoHotKey installed and associated with AHK files.

1. Drop the attached "ToMI Joypad extension.ahk.txt" in the directory of the episode you want to play.
2. Open it (it should open with notepad)
3. Change the third line > targetExe := "MonkeyIsland10X.exe" < so that the X matches the number of the episode you want to play.
4. Save and close (or play with the other variables, your choice).
5. Rename "ToMI Joypad extension.ahk.txt" to "ToMI Joypad extension.ahk"
6. Double click "ToMI Joypad extension.ahk" to run the ToMI episode (note that if you launch the game EXE directly, the script will not be active).
7. Just run the AHK file instead of the EXE file every time you want to play.

Problems:
Well, only one really: If you close the launcher without launching the game, the script will run ad infinitum, because it keeps waiting for the game to launch. Just close it via the icon in the system tray if that happens.

Then there's the usual stuff about performance. Running such a script will naturally cost some performance. It wasn't noticeable on my system, but you never know. If you're having problems, try without the script.

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much, its working for me now.
    I can play Tales of Monkey Island all epizodes on PC with Xbox gamepad, i done same thing to Hector, its working too. I have 64-bit Windows 8 so i have to copy/paste dinput8.dll which i used for previuous Telltale games.
    With just dinput8.dll i could move, but i couldnt move cursor. Now with this, its all perfect, tnx sooooooooooo much.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.