Opening Credits. Niiiiiice...

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
Man, that stylised opening show credit sequence ROCKS! I love the colours, the shading, the animation, the music... and especially the camera sweeps and pans.

A real 1960's weekly spy TV show feel to it.

Brilliant stuff. Kudos to all involved!

:D

Now, about that wallpaper based on those credits... :p

Comments

• edited November 2006
    You can thank Jake for those credits :)
  • edited November 2006
    Thank you Jake for those credits.
  • edited November 2006
    Jake did a great job on that.. a real film noir vibe :)
  • edited November 2006
    I noticed the music started somewhat similar to the original game's opening credit sequence. I guess it can only be so similar without "infringing"? Regardless, I really like it, good job.
  • edited November 2006
    They were out to paint the town red it seems :p
  • edited November 2006
    I loved the intro aswell. The music was a really subtle copy of Hit the Road's theme song, which is genius. Really set the mood and made me nostalgic. Again, genius.
  • edited November 2006
    I enjoyed the cheesy retro ambience
  • edited November 2006
    I enjoyed the cheesy retro ambience

What the hell are you talking about, Slackmonkey?
  • edited November 2006
    You know I've fretted all day about the game and if it was going to live up to my expectations. 15 seconds into the intro and I knew that I was in for a good time.
  • LGHLGH
    edited November 2006
    Yeah, the first few seconds of the music start EXACTLY as in Hit the Road, but then it continues differently. But later, there also come these big on-beat "Bahm.... Bahm.... Bahm-Bahm-Bahm-Bahm" like in Hit the Road. (Good description, no? ;) )

I think the composer did an EXCELLENT job in being so close that everyone recognizes the old tune, but so far for not being sued ;)

The ingame music is great too. I think they must have done recordings with live musicians to achieve such a godd jazz sound.
  • edited November 2006
    I didn't like the music. Sounded like it was trying too hard to be like the original tune. The title graphics were good though.
  • edited November 2006
    neilka wrote: »
    What the hell are you talking about, Slackmonkey?
    He used a comment which was used by Max in the original game from 1993, after the credits :p
  • edited November 2006
    Isn't that how Sam responds though?

Anyway, I loved the opening credits, only drawback is that they weren't interactive. The whole, "high-quality sitcom" beginning to the game was pulled off extremely well.
  • edited November 2006
    jannar85 wrote: »
    He used a comment which was used by Max in the original game from 1993, after the credits :p

and so did he :P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.