Batman's allies perspective of the ending

Something I have been wondering since Batman Enemy Within ended is what Bruce/Batman's allies would think about the choice of giving up Batman/Alfred. We got to see Alfred's perspective whether Bruce chose to remain as Batman and Bruce giving up the cowl.
What do you think his allies would think. This can include John if Bruce and John are still friends.

Comments

• It's honestly a toss up as to which would disappoint Selena more, giving up the cowl or Alfred. She's a thrill seeker, and understands the adrenaline addiction of Batman, but Alfred was always kind to her. I don't know that she'd be so understanding that he would turn his back on him.

I don't believe Tiffany would support giving up Alfred at first. She'd need a lot of convincing considering her recent loss of family - the idea of willingly giving up family for the suit. As much as I've given Tiffany a hard time, I'm sure she'd give up all her gadgets and adventures to have her father again.

Gordon would be understanding either way, but unsure about the choice of giving up being Batman. He'd say the city needed Batman, even though he's thought of retiring himself.

• This is one of the things I am looking forward to finding out in Season 3.

Of course it doesn't just depend on your choice as to whether you gave up Batman or Alfred.

It also depends on who's in your 'inner circle' at the end of season 2 as well.

For example.

The best case scenario is

Tiffany - because you took her under your wing

Catwoman - because she is either a friend or a love interest

John/Joker - because you believed him and visit him in Arkham.

The worst case scenario is nobody due to the fact

Tiffany is either a fugitive/in prison/working for the Agency

Catwoman is one of Waller's assets/Tagged to make sure she stays out of Gotham/an enemy due to you sacrificing her to keep your cover.

John/Joker is a villain.

It's really hard for me to say how Bruce's allies would feel and what they would think but I will do my best.

If Bruce gave up Alfred for Batman

Tiffany - Would be shocked and either might not understand or maybe she does understand if Bruce has explained his reasons to her either way I think maybe she could be the 'key' to having Alfred return because she could secretly try and find him behind Bruce's back.

Catwoman - I think she would to a certain extent understand again it would depend on if Bruce explained to her why he gave up Alfred for Batman. Although at the same time she might be angry with him due to her knowing how close they are and her having had somebody once (as we discover if you decide not to sleep with her and pick 'i prefer to stay in' in answer to her question) Whether that individual was a former love interest family member or what we don't know but she would understand what it is like to lose somebody (although how she lost this loved one we have yet to discover) so i would like to think regardless of how she feels she would do her best to be there for Bruce either as a girlfriend or friend.

John/Joker - Seeing as how the only way these two remain friends is if you take the 'vigilante' path I think John/Joker would understand why Bruce had to give up Batman because it was for 'the greater good' in order to be able to protect Gotham personal sacrifices must be made. I don't know how much of a help to Bruce John/Joker could be seeing as how he is locked up in Arkham but maybe he could be a listening ear and supportive friend (like Selina or maybe in place of Selina if Bruce isn't friends or romantically involved with her)

If Bruce gave up Batman for Alfred

Tiffany - Depend on what path you took and what you said to her she will either be shocked that you have given up Batman especially if you took the 'villain' path and told her how you did what you did because your Batman. However at the same time I think she would be understanding due to the fact Alfred and Bruce are the only 'family' Tiffany has apart from her mother and brother and she knows what it is like to lose a loved one or give up something for them.

Catwoman - I think she would be a little bit disappointed that the cat no longer has the bat to play around Gotham with. However I think she would understand why Bruce did it especially if she revealed her past to Bruce and how she had somebody like Alfred once but lost them so I think she would be happy for Bruce if Bruce is happy.

John/Joker - I think he might be upset because he holds Bruce/Batman on a pedestal and the thought of there not being any Batman anymore wouldn't sit right with him. However I would like to think if Bruce explained why he did it then maybe although he wouldn't like it he would accept it if for no other reason than for his friend's sake. Although I can imagine him trying to get Bruce to be Batman again maybe telling him how 'Alfred doesn't need to know' etc.

Hopefully like I say regardless of who you have in your 'inner circle' we will get to find out how the loss of Batman or Alfred has affected Bruce and all of the other members of the Batman cloud/colony/flock whatever it is you want to call them when Season 3 is made and released.

• This is sort of off topic, but...am I the only one who thought that Selina figured out Bruce was Batman WAY too easy in season one??

I'm not complaining, I just didn't think it made much sense.

• I think it was fine the way she found out.
    Bruce did not do a very good job with being subtle and gave her all the hints she needed to add the puzzle together.

This is sort of off topic, but...am I the only one who thought that Selina figured out Bruce was Batman WAY too easy in season one?? I'm not complaining, I just didn't think it made much sense.

• He gave her a black eye unintentionally
    And
    She gave him a cut on the side of his lip intentionally.

She could have covered her black eye up with make up.

Bruce on the other hand couldn't have covered his cut.

Alternatively they could have done what Selina did which is lie about how she got her injury.

Obvious the only people who would have known the truth were one and other.

I think the way it played out was perfect.

I mean they waited until Harvey was occupied and out of ear shot before they let their 'socially acceptable masks' drop and spoke frankly.

What I find funny is how everybody (meaning Harvey and Bruce) noticed Selina's injury.

An yet nobody at the fun raiser (including Harvey himself or Regina Zellerbach who works with/for Bruce as the chairwoman of Wayne enterprises) noticed the fresh cut on the side of Bruce's lip.

I suppose it is possible the blood on Bruce's collar that Vicki noticed could have come from the cut on the side of his lip.

However taking into consideration how close both Vicki and Harvey were standing to Bruce.

Surely if they noticed the 'wine/lipstick/blood' on his collar they would have noticed the fresh cut as well.

An if they did wouldn't Harvey at least have enquired about that?

• I have no "inner" circle or allies at the end of my game except John(who's in Arkham lul).

BMH210683 posted: »

This is one of the things I am looking forward to finding out in Season 3. Of course it doesn't just depend on your choice as to whether

• Well then I guess that means since you don't have an inner circle.

You have a hell of a lot of enemies who know your secret.

Waller
    Catwoman
    Tiffany (possibly)
    And
    Lady Arkham (possibly)

Dan10 posted: »

I have no "inner" circle or allies at the end of my game except John(who's in Arkham lul).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.