If the Dark Knight was a Telltale game...

Would you go after Dent or Rachel?

Comments

• This is not really a fair question.

Taking into consideration in the movie Batman/Bruce goes to where Joker told him Rachel would be only to find Dent there.

An if Telltale's version of The Dark Knight followed the movie.

Then.

If you went after Dent you would find Rachel
    And
    If you went after Rachel you would find Dent.

So while you manage to find one of them it won't be the one you want to find.

• Yup, it would be like the Tripp - Ava choice in anf. But imagine playing it for the first time, who would you choose?

BMH210683 posted: »

This is not really a fair question. Taking into consideration in the movie Batman/Bruce goes to where Joker told him Rachel would be only

• I think your missing the point.

It doesn't matter if I imagine i'm playing Telltale The Dark Knight for the first time because as I said.

If it is like the movie (which I have already seen) regardless of if it is my first time playing the game.

I know what the outcome of my choice is going to be because it is going to be the same as what happens in the movie.

In the movie Batman goes after Rachel only to find Dent.

So in the game.

If I go after Dent I'm going to find Rachel
    And
    if I go after Rachel I am going to find Dent.

The only way this question would work is if either the player had never seen the movie before playing the game or the game was not like the movie.

• Yea, I know that. What I mean is what if you HAVEN'T see the movie and don't know the outcome yet. What would you choose and why?

I think your missing the point. It doesn't matter if I imagine i'm playing Telltale The Dark Knight for the first time because as I said.

• I know it's a hypothetical question.

However I am afraid I can't answer it.

Due to the fact I have seen the movie and I know what would happen.

• Okay, but what if Joker doesn't give the wrong locations. Who would you choose then

I know it's a hypothetical question. However I am afraid I can't answer it. Due to the fact I have seen the movie and I know what would happen.

• Knowing the result I would say the logical thing is the rescue Rachel?
    Was a few years ago I watched these amazing movies now so I better refresh my memory soon but...

The reason Harvey goes crazy is that Rachel dies? So even if we wanted to save Harvey he will still go crazy because then Rachel will still die... so there is either to save Rachel or that both die.

• Well that would depend on the kind of Batman I am.

You see I use all four of the save files on all of my telltale games and I re-name them as follows.

Save file 1 - Good (in this case) Batman
    Save file 2 - Bad (in this case) Batman
    Save file 3 - Good And Bad (in this case) Batman
    Save file 4 - 50/50 (in this case) Batman

Good Batman - While 50/50 Batman doesn't let his heart rule his head. To a certain extent this version is the opposite his heart does rule his head he also consider the real him to be Bruce Wayne and Batman is just a mask he wears in order to try and help the city. An while he always tries to do what his right there are times when his personal feelings get in the way and I think this is one of those times when his personal feelings would get in the way of doing what is right.

So i think this version of Batman if there were a Telltale game version of The Dark Knight would go after Rachel because while he knows Gotham needs a white knight he can't let the woman he loves die.

Bad Batman - He does consider himself Batman and Bruce Wayne is the mask he wears. He see's the world in black and white as far as people are concerned they are either on his side and or useful to him or they are on the other side and or against him. An when a person is no longer of use to him he willingly throws them under the bus as he did with Selina to Gordon in order to get the laptop. An Alfred he didn't even allow to explain his reasons for leaving he simply told him to leave if he wanted to.

So i think this version of Batman if there were a Telltale game version of The Dark Knight would go after Harvey because Harvey can help him to do his job as Batman more than Rachel can.

Good And Bad Batman - This Bruce Wayne is a 'thrill' seeker hence the reason why he is Batman for the thrill it gives him. However while he is a thrillseeker he is a law abiding one which means he doesn't brutalise Falcone nor does he break the sniper's arm and while he tries to do what is best and right just like good batman sometimes his heart rules his head

So i think this version of Batman if there were a Telltale game version of The Dark Knight would go after Rachel if he was in love with her although taking into consideration the reason this Bruce is Batman is for the thrill of it I have to say I have a hard time imagining a 'thrill seeking' Batman/Bruce Wayne being in love with Rachel she's far too straight laced for him.

50/50 - He doesn't consider himself Batman it's just the mask he wears in order to do what needs to be done. However as Alfred says at the end of season 2 he pours everything into his crusade against crime and is willing to sacrifice personally in order to be able to help Gotham. For example he sacrifices a potential love interest in Selina and he sacrifices Alfred as far as refusing to give up Batman.

So i think this version of Batman if there were a Telltale game version of The Dark Knight would go after Harvey because Harvey can help Gotham were as if he were to go after Rachel it would be for personal reasons.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.