Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion thread

With Red dead 2 being only a month away, I figure it was a good time to make this thread. And honestly it's my pick for game of the year personally already. And I love Red dead redemption, so I have pretty high hopes for this game. So like it says in the title, if there is any Rdr content you would like to discuss are post about this will be the thread for it. Unless there already is one, then in that case my bad.
Some content for my fellow outlaws

Tagged:

Comments

• Also i'm sorry I couldn't post any of the trailers or gameplay videos, I simply just don't know how to do it :(

• (You can copy/paste just the plain YouTube video URLs and the videos will automatically embed by themselves)

Also i'm sorry I couldn't post any of the trailers or gameplay videos, I simply just don't know how to do it

• Blind sniper to the rescue :)
    or should we call you super sniper?

(You can copy/paste just the plain YouTube video URLs and the videos will automatically embed by themselves)

• I'm still waiting to see on it. As per usual, I've only read that it's a prequel and have yet to actually watch a single trailer for it, I generally wait until the week before a games out to do that, but I'm really hoping the online portion brings back the PvE lobbies and doesn't cram horse cards or whatever they'll be called down our throats the way GTA Online devolved into a grind it or buy it experience to rival the worst freemium offenders out there despite being a full priced game.

• Never been much interested in the online aspect of any game. But maybe if the online For Red dead redemption 2 is that good, I might check it out.

I'm still waiting to see on it. As per usual, I've only read that it's a prequel and have yet to actually watch a single trailer for it, I g

• RDR will always be one of my favorite games of all time, but I won't buy this game before I actually read the player reviews. I don't want to break my heart.

Plus Rockstar have been a bit controversial over these last few years.

• Controversial? could you fill me in on that. I know they got pretty bad with the multiplayer for Gta 5 with all types of microtransactions.

Findagon posted: »

RDR will always be one of my favorite games of all time, but I won't buy this game before I actually read the player reviews. I don't want to break my heart. Plus Rockstar have been a bit controversial over these last few years.

• Well that's exactly what I'm referring to. I'm afraid they'll ruin the game because of it.

Controversial? could you fill me in on that. I know they got pretty bad with the multiplayer for Gta 5 with all types of microtransactions.

• I'm afraid they'll ruin the game because of it

You just mean the multiplayer aspect of it, never really cared for online and all that.

Findagon posted: »

Well that's exactly what I'm referring to. I'm afraid they'll ruin the game because of it.

• I don't have high hopes for this because of 2 reasons:

Red Dead Redemption 1 was decent at the best in my opinion. It's not bad at all but I don't find it as great as many people say. I wish I had more time to play because I borrowed the game from my sister's boyfriend, played it on his Xbox One Backwards Compatibility and focused on the main story only.

After the release of GTA 5, Rockstar has been very inactive in recent years cause they focused on supporting GTA Online more than making more Single Player games. I don't think RDR2 story will be that special, I totally despised GTA 5's campaign because it was repetitive, the characters are forgettable and it's all just about robbing and killing dudes. I have a feeling RDR2 will have the same treatment.

• Trying to compare Red dead to Gta is like comparing apples to oranges. Even though Gta 5 isn't special.

just robbing and killing dudes

Even though there is much more to it than that, especially with Red dead. I'm surprised you even played the fifth game considering thats how all the others were. But different strokes for different folks I guess. Also, despite how horrible Gta 5 online has become, I don't see how that had any impact at all on the story.

the characters are forgettable

Wow,I didn't really care for Gta 5 but to post something like that shows me that you were not too terribly investested in the story to begin with. considering the characters are pretty complex, and if you completed the game, you spend at least 40 hours with them. So I don't see how their forgettable.

AronDracula posted: »

I don't have high hopes for this because of 2 reasons: Red Dead Redemption 1 was decent at the best in my opinion. It's not bad at all bu

• edited September 2018

I loved the first RDRs multiplayer, I don't even remember how I got into that mess but I still remember when I first started playing and got stuck on some shacks roof with a mountain lion running around me, only for someone to ride by, double back, kill the cougar, and disappear as mysteriously as they appeared lol. It was simplistic but fun. Forza and either this or Fallout will probably be where me and my friends spend the time we have playing. Most of us are pretty spread out nowadays, so with that, kids, and work, we tend to pick one game and stick with it, as online is the only realistic place to get us all together in one spot anymore.

But even barring that, if I were going into this with no interest in online, I'd still be affected by it. GTA 4s LATD and BOGT were two amazing expansions, and Undead Nightmare for the original RDR is easily one of the best I've played. Nothing like any of that is present in GTA V, despite all the rumors and Rockstar talking about single player dlc around release. And they've now stated they're going to follow GTA Onlines model when they approach future games, with the consensus being Vs single player dlc was abandoned because why waste the resources when they can just pump out money grab DLCs for online at minimal expense and end up charging more for an individual vehicle or group activity than a normal expansion would retail for. Because most of these activities require money to access the content, the content has to be played in public lobbies with other players running around in overpriced vehicles, who are encouraged to stop others from making money in the game by public notifications and practically nothing else.

The system encourages people who buy money for new toys to actively stop people trying to make money for new toys with their new toys in an effort to create more people spending money to buy money just to get a chance to experience the new content offered by these free dlcs. Ingame money generation is carefully crafted by Rockstar, with co-op missions being constantly tweaked until they settled on a payout system that's based on time spent playing rather than mission difficulty or anything else that makes sense. And it's working for them, so GTA saw no further support for single player. And that will likely be the case for RDR, unfortunately.

Never been much interested in the online aspect of any game. But maybe if the online For Red dead redemption 2 is that good, I might check it out.

• Goddamn, I’m laughing harder than I should ???????????.

• New Red dead redemption 2 images and you can find more info about them at https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/

Sign in to comment in this discussion.