The Batman Who Laughs (Possible Season 3 Outcome)

For those who haven't been keeping up with the comics, "The Batman Who Laughs" is a corrupted hybrid of Batman and The Joker from an alternate reality. But in Telltale's continuity, he could be something else.

If Telltale's Batman trilogy climaxes with some kind of final confrontation between Bruce and John, one possible (determinant) ending could have Bruce kill John. This is basically what happens in the comics, but the context of the killing could be different depending on our relationship with the Joker by this point. If Bruce and John are enemies, the scenario could unfold much like the one seen in the comic book:

This results in the Joker expelling a gas from his mouth that rewrites Batman's brain ti give him a more sociopathic personality, thus creating The Batman Who Laughs. The Joker essentially turns Batman into another version of himself as a final act of ultimate revenge.

However, if we're friends with Joker (or at least former friends), John's motivations could be slightly different: He'd see Bruce as the only one capable of assuming his mantle once he's gone. Bruce doesn't necessarily have to inhale any kind of gas to become The Laughing Batman; he'd just have to go insane on his own. Telltale could then attach an epilogue where we briefly control The Batman Who Laughs, but this time, our decisions would have to be far more limited, as we're basically in control of a lunatic. (Hence why it would only happen in an epilogue.)

However, unlike The Batman Who Laughs seen in the comics, OUR version could be a little more...selective with his prey. He wouldn't go completely off the rails by destroying the entire planet, but he'd unleash hell on his rogue gallery in a way we've never seen before. Alternatively, he could transform all of Gotham into a haven for the mad and the deranged, thus providing a more lasting solution to the new breed of super-criminal that has emerged following Batman's first appearance in Gotham by providing an entire city for them to play in to their hearts' content.

Just an idea.

Comments

• I have to be honest and say I have never read any of the Batman comics and if this is the kind of stuff that they come up with I'm glad I don't.

This is such a screwed up bloody idea even as a comic.

A Batman and Joker from an 'alternate reality' come to this reality and that 'version' of Batman kills that 'version' of Joker but not before that version's 'Joker' get's the last laugh by turning that 'version' of Batman into a Joker like villain.

An while in the comics Jokerman i guess you could call him destroys the planet.

However your suggesting instead that if this was to be turned into the arc for season Jokerman turns Gotham into Arkham city in the sense that the inmates etc run the asylum/city.

No offence intended however I have to be honest and say that there is a 0.0 chance of this being the arc of season 3.

Because if it was I sure as hell wouldn't play it.

An the reason why I say this isn't just because it is such a insane idea.

It is also due to the fact that I don't think Joker is going to really be a part of season 3 seeing as how he was the centre piece if you will of season 2.

If there are any mentions of him it will be just like how Two Face and Penguin were mentioned in season 2 which was primarily when you checked the news feeds in the Batcave.

I think that will be the same thing that happens with Joker.

Unless of course Bruce visits John at Arkham as we see him do if you tell John you were his friend at the end of the vigilante episode.

Which I believe happens regardless of whether you've given up Batman or Alfred.

However even then I don't think you'll actually see John or see Bruce go to Arkham.

It will be more referenced like maybe Tiffany (if she is under Bruce's wing) will ask him something along the lines of "Why do you go there and see that lunatic?"

• Thinking that John won´t appear in the next season, it´s very naive to be honest.

He is by far the most popular villain from this series and his character arc one of the biggest reasons why TEW got so many good reviews from critics and fans alike. There is no way Telltale devs are going to forget about him. You can´t compare his impact to the one that Two Face or other enemies had.

If someone like Catwoman appeared in both games, you can count on Joker coming back again. He might not be the main villain, but he will have some role, that´s for sure.

BMH210683 posted: »

I have to be honest and say I have never read any of the Batman comics and if this is the kind of stuff that they come up with I'm glad I do

• edited September 2018

No offence intended however I have to be honest and say that there is a 0.0 chance of this being the arc of season 3. Because if it was I sure as hell wouldn't play it.

I didn't say it should be the main arc for season 3, just an epilogue after a climactic determinant choice. Please try to read my posts more thoroughly next time.

I have to be honest and say I have never read any of the Batman comics and if this is the kind of stuff that they come up with I'm glad I do

• LOL you accuse me of not reading your posts thoroughly.

An yet it is quite obvious you didn't read mine very thoroughly.

Because if you had.

You would have seen that at no point did I say that whoever creates the Batman telltale games were going to forget about Joker.

What I did do.

Was simply state/point out how and why I don't personally think Joker is going to be back in season 3.

An simply because I think that you want to call me or accuse me of being naive.

Well I personally think your rather arrogant and presumptuous to think that Joker is going to be in season 3.

Regardless of the path you chose whether villain or failed vigilante.

Joker is locked up in Arkham and for the time being at least his story is over.

I don't personally see how or why he would get out so soon.

Nor do I understand why the powers that be would have him be in season 3.

Especially when they have so many other villains they could either bring back or introduce and be the focus of the season.

Some of which would make a lot more sense.

Especially if Bruce has given up Batman.

An even if you haven't.

There are still other villains who's introduction to the franchise would make more sense than having Joker come back.

• You can't even be bothered to string together a coherent sentence. We're done here.

LOL you accuse me of not reading your posts thoroughly. An yet it is quite obvious you didn't read mine very thoroughly. Because if yo

• Funny how you claim that what I said was incoherent and yet you still replied to it.

So obviously it wasn't that incoherent.

An I am sorry if you don't like the truth but like the old saying goes 'the truth hurts'

An the fact that you can't/couldn't come up with a better response than the one you gave saying how 'we're done' proves that the truth does hurt.

An you are obvious one of these people that either doesn't like or can't handle the truth when it is given to them.

That's too bad.

Maybe in the future you should think before you post.

It might save you the trouble of reading something you don't like.

Now we're done here.

• It'd be interesting, but how the story has been built, I don't think that outcome could happen since the Batman Who Laughs is made from the negeverse matter and a crazy wild story arc that takes several readings to understand the entire story.
    In DC universe, the multiverse has out reality, than the alternate reality which is the nega-verse. Like where the Riddler is known as Edward Nashton and a altruistic person. I just don't think it could fit unless they made 8 seasons or something that tied into the multiverse thing. But even then it's so done over already now. In my opinion.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.