Are you religious?

Please don't turn this into a fight. I was wonder how many of you are religious? I'm a Catholic :D

Comments

• No but I'm Chickenlicious

• edited September 2018

Oh boy...

Let's just say it's complicated and leave it at that

• I'm Muslim so of course I am

• edited September 2018

Im Rome Catholic but i dont go to church or pray. Im not so religious person but i respect God. Beliving in something after death wouldnt hurt you so why the hell not. I actually belive God saved my life when i was a child 5 year old, i uhh fell from 2nd floor on grass and had a brain trauma. I was in a hospital for 10 days. Also when i was a kid a wase almost fell on my head and my cousin grabed my hand and saved me. So yeah i think God or my guardian angel is watching over me and im thankful for that.

• Can someone please explain to me how the universe originated from a singularly of infinite mass and density. I mean we will never even know how big the universe actually is because we can only see as far as the age of the universe because of the speed of light right? I'm not too smart when it comes to science but I remember some from high school.

• There are only speculations to what The Big Bang was and how it happened and if we trace that moment back in time using General Relativity we get infinite density energy and infinite temperatures in a point but we do get a finite time in the past. (about 14 billion years ago)
    In just 10^-37 seconds (approximately) from the time the Big Bang happened we already had a big chunk of universe created and the rest was rapidly expanding.
    The universe was filled with a bunch of gases that eventually came together due to gravity, and because of the pressure they collapsed in themselves, forming stars.
    It's believed that planets formed with what remained of those stars (gas, dust) because of gravity.
    Yes, we'll never know how big the universe really is because the light from those far away stars will never reach us, we can estimate how big the observable universe is though.
    And I doubt we'll ever know what the Big Bang was, why it happened, how it happened.
    We know it was created outside of our universe because before the Big Bang there was nothing (No matter. no space, no time)

Ruger_556 posted: »

Can someone please explain to me how the universe originated from a singularly of infinite mass and density. I mean we will never even know

• The only religion I worship is football/soccer.

The team I support is my branch of religion. The players in the teams are the gods. The stands are the pews. And the stadium chants are the prayers and declarations of faith.

• Part of me likes the idea of something out there...but I tend to think that we are part of a universe that is trying to figure itself out. So no god...more like a force if you will.

• It's hard to wrap your mind around an infinite number. We're used to everything having an ending but infinite has no end. We'll probably never fully comprehend it. Whether or not you believe in a god; Matter had to come from somewhere.

There are only speculations to what The Big Bang was and how it happened and if we trace that moment back in time using General Relativity w

• edited September 2018

There are a lot of things that are hard to wrap your mind around as a human.
    One example is that some infinities are smaller / bigger than other infinities: 1.44444444... is smaller than 1.55555555... even though they are both infinite.

Ruger_556 posted: »

It's hard to wrap your mind around an infinite number. We're used to everything having an ending but infinite has no end. We'll probably never fully comprehend it. Whether or not you believe in a god; Matter had to come from somewhere.

• No. Religion is kinda dead here in Finland so I've never been around people that would actively practice any religion. I don't personally need a god in my life, even if there is one.

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited September 2018

Yes, I worship Shrek and several anime and videogame characters. I build small shrines dedicated to their being.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.