Audio sounds grainy?

edited December 2006 in Game Support
Just bought this wonderful game and i was wondering if the audio is suppose to sound grainy. Whenever sam & max talk to each other it doesn't sound clear, its a bit grainy. I have an audigy 2 zs soundcard and its all up to date. anyone else get this?

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Zero9X wrote: »
    Just bought this wonderful game and i was wondering if the audio is suppose to sound grainy. Whenever sam & max talk to each other it doesn't sound clear, its a bit grainy. I have an audigy 2 zs soundcard and its all up to date. anyone else get this?

Yeah I think it's an issue with some soundcards, a couple others made a post about it but I didn't notice any graniness with it. I set up a bug thread, maybe you could post it there, or I will.
  • edited November 2006
    The sound quality is not so good, presumably so that it can be compressed to a reasonable size for download...
  • edited November 2006
    Yeah, it sounds like the audio is quite low bitrate. I hope they offer an alternate download for people who've waited 13 years for a Sam and Max game and want it to not sound like a dictaphone.
  • edited November 2006
    I wouldn't mind downloading twice the size and even paying a little more for it. But right now this really bothers me...
  • edited November 2006
    therobbot wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind downloading twice the size and even paying a little more for it. But right now this really bothers me...

Same here.:( I am sure that telltale has higher quality versions of the voice tracks, I just hope that they release them. (assuming the problem is with the original files and not the sound cards)
  • edited November 2006
    I am using onboard audio on my DFI Nforce 4 SLI-DR Lanparty motherboard using SPIDF to my Harman Kardon AVR 35 receiver. The music sounds fine, but the voice is quite grainy and suffering from compression artifacts. It really would be nice to up the quality of the voice tracks, either by using a better compressor or increasing the bitrate of the current compression method.
  • edited December 2006
    I too have this, and I cannot play untill it's fixed. Horrible...
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2006
    Raimo, see my response here.
This discussion has been closed.