No more Happily Ever After

Hello friends, as many of you may know we may not see another season of TWAU after all. Honestly I'm still sitting here trying to process all this, hoping it's just a really really nasty bad dream but right now it looks like it's reality and it sucks.

I joined this forum because of this very game back in mid 2014, hard to believe more than four years have passed since all of this. I had a fantastic time with you people around here, and though many veterans of this sub may not be as present here today, I'd like to thank each and every one of you for the great time we've had talking about the game, characters, playing forum games, coming up with theories and deductions and all that good stuff.

For over three years we did our best to keep the hopes alive, and our persistence is what made Season 2 about to happen. It is not the case anymore of course, but it proves that a solid community can make a difference even though at times it looked like we were throwing rubber balls at a wall. For what it's worth, I think we succeeded in making our dedication to this game and this universe mean something more than just a couple of shitposts every week and that's something to remember.

I'm not really sure what else to say, even though I've heard about the Glassdoor reviews way back and about the toxic management, I think it's safe to say that the workforce at Telltale was made out of really dedicated and talented people who deserved a better send-off. As an amateur indie developer myself, it is really gut-wrenching to see so much talent get basically tossed out on the street in a blink of an eye. The only think that keeps a shade of hope in the back of my brain is the fact that maybe some other studio is going to pick up the IP and continue what Telltale started with this game (probably not gonna happen, but need to hope in something to keep myself from crying to death)

Most ironic thing is that I've been working on a video essay regarding TWAU, and just as things seemed to get brighter and brighter BOOM studio is getting closed... This is some really bad mojo

One last thing before I end this... rant, letter, stream of thoughts or whatever this is... I was planning to do some giveaways of TTG games in the upcoming months and kickstart a Discord server dedicated to TWAU and Fables in general. To anyone still hanging around here - seeing as forums will inevitably get closed at some point - would anyone be interested in such a thing? (yeah, I know there is a TTG discord already but I'm talking about a place to bring together fans of exclusively the comics and the TWAU)

Anyway... share your thoughts and (hopefully fond) memories of your time if you wish. I had a blast and I'm gonna miss this place a lot, especially when it was in it's hay day. HUFF AND PUFF my friends, HUFF AND PUFF.

Comments

• This was some of the worst news today. Something we've all wanted for so long, to get it, but then for it to be canceled after all this time. Im honestly heartbroken knowing we wont be able to see a sequel to this great game that truly deserved one. It was a wild 5 years.

• edited September 2018

I remember you talking about TWAU getting you through some hard times of your life. I remember us talking about what characters they might include in season 2, and you telling me that you'll buy 2 copies of season 2 (one for playing, and one to take to your bed with you). I remember me saying I'll wait until they release all the episodes and play in one playthrough, and you calling me brave for waiting that long.

The realization that there won't be continuation of Bigby's story with Adam and Erin won't be able to voice Bigby and Snow anymore (also Melissa and Gavin for Beauty and Beast) is truly gut-wrenching and hart-breaking (sobs).

Like you, my only hope is that as I said in reply to @Poogers555 in another post, unless another company acts quick and decisively to scoop up the TWF and TWAU IPs, chances of us seeing Telltale's vision of TWAU season 2 becomes grim and grim with passing time (since the longer there is delay in another company catching these IPs, more likely that Telltale's talent i.e. people behind TWAU2 gets picked up for jobs in other companies).

This makes me treasure my volumes of Fables even moreso than before (whenever I read them, I always hear Adam and Erin saying those Bigby and Snow's lines).

To be honest, this place was the only place I came to discuss Fables, TWAU with you guys. Some people have been saying even if the forum closes down, they'll still meet each other in subreddits etc, but I had no idea where they were talking about.

I've never used Discord (but I can learn). Though have you considered creating a facebook group, and try to get TWAU fans from community here? I'd join instantly if you set up a facebook group (with Discord, might take a little time, since I'm not quite familiar with it yet).

Both Adam and Erin have got facebook acocunts, but they don't use them much (I'm guessing they're mostly active in twitter, but not much else):

https://www.facebook.com/adam.harrington.77

https://www.facebook.com/erinyashe

Anyway, let me know what you think (either way is fine, discord, or facebook). I'd love to keep staying in touch with TWAU and Fables fans, and that connection being lost means I have more reasons to feel sad even after this whole tragedy with Telltale and TWAU2

p.s. Just registered for Discord, fiddling around with things, trying to get the hang of it lol

• Oh well I just threw in Discord as a casual idea, I actually do not have Facebook as I'm more of a Twitter type guy but if people would be leaning more towards it then it I can make an account.

And yeah Adam and Erin are on Twitter too, I had pleasure to talk to them a few times and they're really awesome. It is indeed gut-wrenching that we'll never hear then as Bigby and Snow again (probably). That's why I was suggesting continuing TWAU as an audio drama or something, it would be cheap and easy enough to make (they could even Kickstarter that kind of idea and I'm sure fans would help to fund it) Other option that was thrown out there was an animated series which obviously would require more money. Either way yeah, those are just dreams and chance of us getting more TWAU in whatever form are even lower than before they confirmed Season 2...

Also kinda sad that other veterans are not around here at the time, @Zorkij @RammsteinFürImmer @HazzatheMan and many more who would be awesome to get together and form this discord, facebook or whatever community with. Hope they'll get a wind of this at least.

CoolGuyJ posted: »

I remember you talking about TWAU getting you through some hard times of your life. I remember us talking about what characters they might

• edited September 2018

Yeah, since you have Twitter, can we be Twitter friends (since we don't know whether it will be Facebook or Discord)?

Jacol posted: »

Oh well I just threw in Discord as a casual idea, I actually do not have Facebook as I'm more of a Twitter type guy but if people would be l

• I remember that after the last ep of Batman S2 came out, I thought - ok, so now I will somehow have to survive without telltale's games until we finally get Wolf S2..., well I guess that's never gonna happen now.

I still hope that some other studio will hire majority of the former Telltale staff and that They will give as the Wolf S2...

While Walking Dead S1 was the 1st TTG's game that I ever played -Wolf among Us was the one that really got me into TTG's games and it was the first one which I started playing mid season and had to wait for the episodes...

Ah memories... :'(

• @CoolGuyJ Yeah, sure I think I just found you and followed you on Twittah (my handle is JackOFphoenix so we can stay in touch)

There is also the Discord server which is now open to join for whoever wants to join and keep discussing the Fables/TWAU universe https://discord.gg/9EmDEJE but it's up to you. Regardless, I hope we'll keep the community alive and who knows, maybe make enough buzz to make the podcast / comic / animated series happen somehow (I just cannot handle an idea of not hearing Adam and Erin as their respective characters ever again)

Yeah, since you have Twitter, can we be Twitter friends (since we don't know whether it will be Facebook or Discord)?

• edited September 2018

I joined the discord server. Is Jared Emerson Johnson (composer for Wolf and many other Telltale titles) part of server group? I'm seeing him as online.

I sent a message to @HazzatheMan. @Zorkij, for some reason, whenever I go to his profile error comes up (did he leave or something?), and @RammsteinFürImmer, while still a member hasn't been online for awhile (though I am of similar case until Telltale shutting down news broke out), and he was prepared to move on until season 2 announcement was made and got excited (so with news that Telltale is shutting down, I have a feeling he's gonna go back to moving on, even if he comes online...sigh)

p.s. it would be good if you consider a facebook group as well, since not all of us can be online at the same time.

• Yeah Jared is just a music bot.
    I have no clue what happened to @Zorkij, it seems like his account no longer exists... which is weird because I swear he was on the forums a few months back.

As for the Discord / Facebook / whatever idea, I am thinking of keeping Discord as a place for quick chat (basically a more extensive shoutbox) and maybe we could start a small Fables-based forum of our own? It would take some time to set such thing up and I am pretty sure I could afford at least the first year financially but it's up to the people.

I joined the discord server. Is Jared Emerson Johnson (composer for Wolf and many other Telltale titles) part of server group? I'm seeing

• I talk with TheZorkij on Skype now and then but he's been really busy with university lately.

I joined the discord server. Is Jared Emerson Johnson (composer for Wolf and many other Telltale titles) part of server group? I'm seeing

• edited September 2018

Can you join Jacol's discord (and convince TheZorkij to join as well?)? He's trying gather all of the Wolf fans there, until he can set up his forum.

Oh and it would be great if all of us can get in touch through twitter as well (like Jacol and me, we follow each other). My handle is CoolGuyJ84, and Jacol's handle is JackOFphoenix.

HazzatheMan posted: »

I talk with TheZorkij on Skype now and then but he's been really busy with university lately.

• I don't have Twitter. I have Facebook though

Can you join Jacol's discord (and convince TheZorkij to join as well?)? He's trying gather all of the Wolf fans there, until he can set up

Sign in to comment in this discussion.