So I guessing this website ain’t going to exist anymore????

Since the company is closing down dose this mean this website we’ll be deleted?

Comments

• i'll only be happy if Matt Hardy Deletes us

• You know you guys don't have to say goodbye to each other. You can meet back up on the subreddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/telltale/

• If the company is in fact closing down most of our games won't work anymore. Yay DRM.

• having second thoughts about buying TFTB now lol

• Go to /r/Telltale

Our community will reorganize there.

• I think it's likely that some of the assets will be picked up by someone. It's not too common these days (though not impossible) for a company to just disappear and everything surrounding them to vanish. That's what escrow agreements are for, too.

Even if a licensed game is not overly successful, it's still not always in the license holder's interest to have it completely disappear.

MarkoH01 posted: »

If the company is in fact closing down most of our games won't work anymore. Yay DRM.

• Oh dear! It's just so hard to say goodbye to yesterday, as Boyz II Men put it. :(

• edited September 2018

Oh shit, I sure hope not.

As in "deleted-deleted?"

• The problem is that newer TTG games are focused on servers and servers cost money. I doubt anybody would want to pay for those servers for very much longer just to support games which don't make additional money. Why should a company be interested at all to keep those servers alive? They don't get any money for it. Also keep in mind that it might be more difficult than you think to simply pick up those games given the fact that most of them are co-productions with the ip holders.

imnotgoats posted: »

I think it's likely that some of the assets will be picked up by someone. It's not too common these days (though not impossible) for a compa

• In that case I hope they atleast give us ours money??

• I feel so much better for watching this.

DavidH95 posted: »

i'll only be happy if Matt Hardy Deletes us

• I'm not sure what Skybound's role in all of this is exactly, but as the publisher they're getting some money off sales even now since most are probably digitally first hand rather than second hand resales through retailers, so longevity would benefit them.

MarkoH01 posted: »

The problem is that newer TTG games are focused on servers and servers cost money. I doubt anybody would want to pay for those servers for v

• Watch this be a proper stunt to get the cash.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.