News about the telltale situation - my question

We don't know the full story "information" right now.
But the rumors are that telltale might close down, that we're not getting ep. 3 and 4 for TWD and that Wolf Among Us is cancelled. News says that they are out of money? IT'S SAD THAT IT'S HAPPENING, BUT... WHAT DID THEY USE THEIR MONEY ON? THAT'S MY QUESTION, DID THE PEOPLE ON THE TOP TAKE TO MUCH THEM SELF?

ONE THING I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS THAT IF IT'S BECAUSE THEM FOCUSING ON THE GRAPHICS, THEN THAT'S SO SAD, WHEN ALL THE FANS ASKED FOR MORE CONTENT, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND NOT GRAPHICS...

LET'S HOPE FOR THE BEST.
BUT THAT'S MY THOUGHS...

Comments

• AND THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS, BY LOOKING AT THEIR NUMBERS.
    WHY WOULD THEY THEN RELEASE THE GAME? SOMETHING DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

• Dude calm down, it's the end, and those are not rumors, telltale announced it on twitter " IT'S SAD THAT IT'S HAPPENING, BUT... WHAT DID THEY USE THEIR MONEY ON? THAT'S MY QUESTION, DID THE PEOPLE ON THE TOP TAKE TO MUCH THEM SELF?" you know telltale was a pretty big company and well let's face it A new Frontier didn't work out so well for them so yeah, basically when you're a company with near 200 employees and you almost don't make money since 2-3 years you can't go very far, (2-3 years since the last episode of TWD S2 which was probably their last game to sell very well).

• They didn't make as much money as you might think. Telltale paid licensing fees for brands like Guardians and Batman - it takes a lot of money just to license those properties. I would say that in combination with their poor sales structure and long delays between episodes, the company just stopped attracting enough buyers to balance out the cost of the licenses.

• Telltale's issues were licenses..bad management for years...too many staff for the type of games they made and a lack of original IPs.

• Isnt it about some guy that sued Telltale?

• They hired almost 400 staff in the most expensive state to live in throughout the US. Even when they laid off 90 people in November 2017 it simply wasn't going to be enough since their games weren't selling anymore. Batman 2 tanked badly.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.