My Final Thread: What Telltale has taught me

So this is my final thread and my final post on Telltale Community Forum.

I join this thread long ago when I decided to join the discussion for The Wolf Among Us. I still remember the good times where we discuss stuff and having fun discussing. Everything and everyone was friendly and nice. I loved being here because I was able to express myself. This forum taught me many things such as allowing me develop a relatively chill and thick skin against comments that sometimes are means or offensive. It has taught me to respect other people's opinion even if you disagree.

Also, Telltale Games has taught me so much. It has helped me mature and allowed me to understand myself a lot better. I have experience grief, frustration, joy, happiness, sadness and laughter from their games. Not everything has been easy or fun, but they were all experiences that had an impact on me.

As you have noticed, I am not really as active as I used to be. Some people might have forgotten me and I might have forgotten them. But the interactions and the joy that it brought me will still be with me. I don't want to name people because I know those whom I have interacted with. You know who I am and I know who you are. I just want to say, Thank you! Thank you for all of the discussion and joys that we have experienced together. Thank you for waiting for games together. Through that, we have shared a bond. Perhaps hidden and clouded, but never forgotten.

But I must admit, I felt that times has changed. I have changed. As my absence and lack of activity has shown, a big part of me has already moved on from Telltale. My heart has already moved on, but my soul keeps lingering in this place. But I feel that it is time to truly let go. If there is one big important lesson that Telltale has taught me, in order to move on in life, you have to let go in order to live. I have let go of Lee's death. I have let go of Bigby and Fabletown. I have let go of House Forrester and I have let go of Rhys and Fiona. And I am letting go of Telltale.

The memories will stay with me always and I will revisit them again one day. The games will always be in my Steam and I can play them again whenever I want. But I am moving on from Telltale and I am moving on from this forum.

Thank you guys for the joy and fun over the year. I wish you all good lucks and all the good that life brings.

Farewell!!

This is DaveTheArakin.

Signing Off. :)

Comments

Sign in to comment in this discussion.