Should I start backing up my purchases?

I heard the news that TTG is going under and that's incredibly sad. Say it ain't so! I still want to play a Sam & Max Season 4 and Back To The Future Season 2!

I have games that I have purchased through Telltale's website. Will they still be around for me to download in the future or should I start downloading them all immediately and put them somewhere for safe keeping? If the website is going away, I think it would be a good idea for Telltale to send out a mass email informing customers that their purchases will no longer be available for download past a certain date.

Comments

• I'd start backing them up now just to be safe.

• I definitely recommend downloading the games while you still can. I'm just a volunteer moderator and not staff, but I don't know how that situation will be handled once the site goes down. (I do know that classic games were updated to be DRM free a while back, though!)

• will the games still be playable from stream store? i hope so

• edited September 2018

I am making sure I buy all The Walking Dead games for my PS3 just in case.

• edited September 2018

I have bought majority of Telltale's games directly from this site and I backed them up, despite the fact that it took quite a lot of space. Buying 90% of TTG's catalogue again from Steam or GOG would be too expensive for my liking. Naturally I would prefer situation, where I could still download them in the future, but unfortunately there is a good possibility that this will not be an option.

• Let's hope Telltale can find a fitting solution for that. It would be a terrible shame if all games we all bought in the past would de taken away from us.
    Steam keys? A different channel? Who knows.
    Please don't let us down, Telltale.

• For those games that only have an installer for the first episode and then you have to download the rest in-app, what is the backup process? Anyone know what to do on a Mac? What about for iPad games?

I'm also trying to figure out how to back up my Windows-only games on a Mac.

• edited September 2018

I don't know about Mac, but in Windows version DLC content (the other episodes) are in the same C:\Users\Username\Documents\Telltale Games\ folder with the saves. As long as you have DLC content in that folder you don't have to redownload the episodes (uninstaller only removes the first episode, unless you also select to remove DLC content). Personally I copied also that folder to external hard drive together with installers.

JEisen posted: »

For those games that only have an installer for the first episode and then you have to download the rest in-app, what is the backup process?

• I wonder if those files are platform-independent. I'm backing up both the Windows and Mac installers just in case, and it'd be nice if I could install it on Mac, save the DLC folder, and have that be valid for either.

I don't know about Mac, but in Windows version DLC content (the other episodes) are in the same C:\Users\Username\Documents\Telltale Games\

Sign in to comment in this discussion.