Could this game series be picked up by another games company?

I was just thinking/wondering.

If/When Telltale closes down.

Do you think maybe the Batman series and other telltale games series like

The Wolf Among Us
Game Of Thrones
Guardians Of The Galaxy

Could get or be picked up and continued by another games company?

An if they were or could be would you be willing to play them?

I know I sure as hell would be willing to play a third season of Batman if it was ever made regardless of the company behind it.

An it would be nice to see 'what happened/happens' next in Game Of Thrones and Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Wolf I have to say I personally am not really big (no pun intended) on but I know a lot of people are so I think it would be nice if that game series could be continued under another company's banner.

Comments

• Really the only one likely to pick up TT Batman and possibly WAU 2 is Warner Games, given DC pens those brands.

• Well then if that is true then I sure as hell hope that happens.

Because I personally think we need a better ending to the Batman series than the one we got at the end of season 2.

Because while everybody else seems to think

'it's as good an ending as we could have asked for'

I'm para-phrasing but that seems to be the general gist of everybody's thoughts and feelings on the subject.

I personally am of the thought and feeling that no the way season two ended is not 'as good an ending as we could have asked for.'

I personally think and feel and believe that we deserve a better ending than that.

Because that as far as I am concerned wasn't an ending.

That was like the end of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1 or any other movie that had/has a 'part 1' in the title.

You knew/know it is not the end and that there is more to come.

That is exactly how season 2 ended to me and for me.

It wasn't the end or even an end.

it was more like a 'to be continued'

Really the only one likely to pick up TT Batman and possibly WAU 2 is Warner Games, given DC pens those brands.

• I wish I had an answer to this but nobody can say for sure... I would say try not to get your hope too high.
    IF (and that's a big if) someone "took over" the story I would say they would like to do their own thing... it's very unlikely they will continue somebody else's story. They will probably start from scratch.

• Well I hope someone will continue this little gem, because there really is no other Batman game out there with at least decent story telling... Maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but I think that even though the Arkham games were fun to play game-play wise, the story and character development [actually, there was no development at all] was really shallow and disappointing

• I'm not sure if its an unpopular opinion at all... I agree with you completely with everything you said. The story was not that interesting at all and there was no character development.

Hopefully, someone has at least looked at what Telltale has done and even if they don't continue this exact story they can at least take inspiration from it and start something "new".

JmoooX posted: »

Well I hope someone will continue this little gem, because there really is no other Batman game out there with at least decent story telling

• Oh don't worry I know the odds of it happening are 50/50 at best.

An I also know that what you said/are saying about if another games company did take over the franchise they would want to do their own thing and probably start from scratch.

An there is a part of me that would be okay with that because then at least the franchise would still be continuing.

But at the same time I would kind of prefer it if they simply picked up where Telltale left off not just because of all the hard worked Telltale had put into it.

But because of the choices etc we the players of the game had already made.

Anyway the bottom line is I was just curious what everybody's thoughts and feeling were on the possibility of the Batman and other franchises being picked up by another games company and if they would still play the game/games if they were.

19Street95 posted: »

I wish I had an answer to this but nobody can say for sure... I would say try not to get your hope too high. IF (and that's a big if) some

• I hope so too.

If there is one franchise that I would like/love to see survive the death of Telltale it is the Batman one.

Because like you said there really is no other Batman game out there with decent story telling or character development.

An it is because of that awesome character development and story telling that I am so angry with telltale closing down and everybody saying how the ending to season 2 was

'the best we could have hoped for'
    and
    'at least it had an ending'

Like I've said I honest don't understand/know how anybody can consider the way Season 2 ended to be an ending.

I mean the only games of Telltales that I have played that I personally think or feel you could say had an ending where if they chose to they could have left it there are

Back To The Future
    And
    Guardians Of The Galaxy

Although having said that taking into consideration some of the choices you make in Guardians while that could be considered an ending to that story they did make it so that you wanted to see 'what happened next'.

So maybe the only real game ever made by Telltale that had an ending in which all of the loose ends were tied up and if they chose to they could have left it there is Back To The Future.

Every other game while that 'season's story arc was complete still had loose ends that needed to be tied up and questions that needed to be answered and they all ended with one unifying question 'what happened/happens next'.

An while I have only played three of the Arkham games.

I have to agree with you the only thing that franchise has/had going for it was the story development there was no real character or relationship development as far as I could see.

JmoooX posted: »

Well I hope someone will continue this little gem, because there really is no other Batman game out there with at least decent story telling

Sign in to comment in this discussion.