I'm so sad because theres not gonna be a 3rd Batman game :( Im gonna miss telltale a lot.

Its so sad. Im gonna miss Telltale so much. Yeah, a lot of their games werent great but i still love telltale. They're gameplay is so unique. I LOVED the first 2 batman games. They were amazing! I got the theme song playing in the background.(great theme btw) I was really looking forward to the next game but thats not happening anymore. :( The ending to the enemy within was great but didnt feel like a proper ending to the series. i feel like theres more story to be told. i dont want a 4th one, i would really like one more batman game to end it. Screw TWD I FREAKING LOVE THIS SERIES! What happened? Why cant Telltale continue? What went wrong?

Comments

• "What happened? Why cant Telltale continue? What went wrong?" this is the question we all have...

• I've heard the praise for the Batman series was high, but the sales weren't. I suppose if anyone wanted to throw some money to Telltale, they could buy Batman S1/S2, and if they already had it just gift it to friends on Steam lol. Honestly don't know how much that would help, but it's sad that not as many people got to experience how great the story was in Batman.

• Yea I always felt the Batman series needed a third season. To make it really a trilogy. I'm sure the batman team at telltale wanted that as well.

• Batman Enemy Within was one of the best games they did it was also the lowest selling from what I read

• Depends what you compare to... I might be wrong but I think Batman sold better than Guardian of the galaxy and Minecraft...
    I have no idea what the license cost for all of these games but one of the factors that resulted in the downfall of Telltale is probably too many projects at once (old sins...)

Acehunter posted: »

Batman Enemy Within was one of the best games they did it was also the lowest selling from what I read

• I think what happened is that Telltale didn't bother to ADVERTISE their games. Although, Minecraft: Story Mode had advertising. But season 2 had less. This is like how Cartoon Network treated most of the more recent Adventure Time episodes until "Diamonds and Lemons" and "Come Along With Me".

• Minecraft was actually one of their better selling games

19Street95 posted: »

Depends what you compare to... I might be wrong but I think Batman sold better than Guardian of the galaxy and Minecraft... I have no idea

• Season two as well? (A bit surprised by that but thanks for the correction!)

Minecraft was actually one of their better selling games

• Season 2 sold significantly worse than season 1

19Street95 posted: »

Season two as well? (A bit surprised by that but thanks for the correction!)

• edited October 2018

Yeah, it really is unfortunate that we will never get to see this series or any other Telltale series aside from TWD continue. I really loved Telltale's twist on the Batman universe. After finishing Season 2 I was eager to see Telltale continue this series. I was really hoping to see how Telltale would put their spin on more of the characters in this universe particularly characters such as Ra's al Gual, Scarecrow, Dick Grayson, and Jason Todd.

This whole situation with Telltale is depressing on so many levels. It sucks for the fans and especially the ex-employees.

• I would've liked a spinoff or sequel with Salina Kyle as the protagonist in a heist style season.

• AdHoc studios, a new interactive game company formed from former TTG devs, was just formed. Any chance they could pick up this IP?

• I think it depends on whether they form enough of a relationship with Warner and DC to revive the series (or Wolf S2 for that matter) but remember that the team is headed by people who left TT before the mass increase in licenced properties occured. Adhoc is naturally going to want to avoid TT’s mistakes and ensure they have original brands to rely on for income first.

gta3demon posted: »

AdHoc studios, a new interactive game company formed from former TTG devs, was just formed. Any chance they could pick up this IP?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

From what i have read Telltale never had any plans for a third season of Batman so i don't see AdHoc making one, they will most likely make their own IPs instead.

gta3demon posted: »

AdHoc studios, a new interactive game company formed from former TTG devs, was just formed. Any chance they could pick up this IP?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.