How to deal with death?

Guys, how do i deal with death and accept it as it is?
i can deal with it if it happens to someone else, but when i think of it happening to me, i,m so afraid.
i'm so scared to death
i can't even sleep when i was hospitalized thinking it might happen any minute
what should i do?

Comments

• It's natural to fear death, it's not always rational but it's still the most understandable fear out of all of them.

I'd like to think of it this way, if you're constantly in fear that the fire will extinguish and leave you in the dark and cold, you won't be able to enjoy the warmth. It's practical to want to preserve it and keep it going as long as it can, but it's obviously not going to last forever. I struggle with this too sometimes though, fearing what comes after the end that is, but it's still an inevitability. It's not the danger it's the result of falling victim to that danger. If you can tell it it's not catching you anytime soon, it can't win as long as you're truly living.

I know that might not help though, if it doesn't let me know :smile:

• edited September 2018

I don't know if this helps, but here's Alex Hirsch's thoughts on the subject.

Helped me out when I was hospitalized. Still does, to an extent. But if you just need to vent, then I'd be happy to listen.

• Its easy, dont try to think about it too much, think about positive things. For example go play some LiS BtS and you will relax, enjoy and forget about it.

• You usually don't have much choice in when and how you're going to die, and I guess you just have to come to terms with that. It might help to make productive plans for those who would be left behind. If you have responsibilities, how would those be carried out? Would the people you care about know how you felt about them? How do you want to be remembered? Do you want to be an organ donor? We're all going to die some time. The question is how to make the best of your life before it happens.

• Just start believing you are immortal. You made it this far, so how could you not be?

• i've never been afraid to die. it seems like something that could happen so suddenly there's no point in being afraid. just live life as freely as you can and you won't have time to be scared of anything.

• I am literally the opposite. I am not afraid to die at all. I mean, I am afraid of painful death, obviously. Like being burned alive or something. That I am afraid of. The pain. But not of my life ending. I guess I turned pessimistic and cynical after certain things happening in my life.
    But I am very afraid of my friends and loved ones deaths. That would be devastating.

• Maybe what only consoles me is that pain and suffering and the cruelness of the world will end in my death. Not that everyone is cruel but there are also few good people.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

I am literally the opposite. I am not afraid to die at all. I mean, I am afraid of painful death, obviously. Like being burned alive or some

• Are you depressed?

Anonymer posted: »

Maybe what only consoles me is that pain and suffering and the cruelness of the world will end in my death. Not that everyone is cruel but there are also few good people.

• Personally what's after this death is what scares me. There is another chapter once this life is over, and with all these contradictory zealots with their spooky stories of what happens after the end if you don't follow their doctrine, coupled with it being shrouded completely in the ultimate darkness in general, and it's pretty harrowing when you're thrust into thinking about what's in store afterwards.

But again, enjoy your time here and always be the most upright individual in the best way you know how~

• Don't know if you've seen this, but it's pretty interesting.

• i've seen in yotube.

Ruger_556 posted: »

Don't know if you've seen this, but it's pretty interesting.

• Who hasn't seen that :D ?

Ruger_556 posted: »

Don't know if you've seen this, but it's pretty interesting.

• Yeah I kinda figured if it shows up in my recommended about everyone's seen it

Anonymer posted: »

i've seen in yotube.

• Exurb1a helps... wise man

Sign in to comment in this discussion.