long shot but... steam key conversion?

With the sad demise of TTG no doubt their servers will be taken down soon as well, I have several seasons on here that I don't have on steam (Notably BTTF and one of the S+M seasons) Is there any way to get these products converted to steam so I don't lose access to them forever?

Comments

• I wouldn't hold my breath. Their support email is closed down and from everything we've heard the studio is pretty much dead. Anything is possible of course but I'd download the .exe files off the site and back them up somewhere.

• I can download the exe's- but don't they require sign in before they work? If the site is down... no authorization.

Steam Keys seem like the best solution.

• Most of them were updated to be DRM free at some point as I understand it.

I say don't expect much because there's only 25 people left and sending out Steam keys takes time and effort. Without an active customer support team anymore there's not a lot they can do to help thousands of customers. I'm willing to be surprised but it's not a great situation.

DrMerlin posted: »

I can download the exe's- but don't they require sign in before they work? If the site is down... no authorization. Steam Keys seem like the best solution.

• DRM free is great- but I guess my DVD copies are still all DRM'd up?

• Actually if you have the physical DV Ds your golden. I had a discussion about them years ago before TTG was even huge yet (I own all 3 seasons of Sam and Max on DVD and the whole Tales of Monkey ISland on DVD) those are DRM-free.

and thanks, pinballfortress! I didn't know that, I'll grab them and put them in my dropbox :)

• All of the DVDs of the classic series are good, except for the DVD of Wallace & Gromit, which was just a copy of the downloadables at the time. If you want to keep that, you should install and activate it now, to be on the safe side.

DrMerlin posted: »

DRM free is great- but I guess my DVD copies are still all DRM'd up?

• I do have Wallace & Gromit. Thanks for the heads up. I remember having to DRM dance when I got the discs- but maybe it was just W&G. I also have a couple seasons of Sam & Max, Monkey Island, and Strong Bad on disc- where I don't have them on Steam.

• I kinda feel a bit safer that the PS4 pre-order deal was to get all the TWD titles included for free. But I also have a couple of the seasons on here instead of steam.

Hopefully they will arrange something somehow for people. Potentially if nobody steps in to take over the IPs etc, then the games may end up abandonware eventually.

• Late response, but knowledge is power, so I'm posting anyways. If you download the episodes from this current version of the site, the game's launcher (for classic titles) had its DRM removed, like, I want to say a year or two back. This means that you won't be required to use online sign ins when playing (classic) titles. (I don't know if this applies to modern titles too...)

https://telltale.com/support/article/my-game-asks-me-to-enter-an-unlock-code-when-i-launch-it/

While we no longer offer unlock codes for our Classic games, most of these games are now DRM-free on PC, and they can be played without needing to login or use a code.

To get the no-DRM version, please log in to your account on our website. Under your My Games page, select the game and download the latest installer. Before running this installer, please ensure you have completely uninstalled any prior versions of the game you have installed on your computer.

For any Classic game episodes that still prompt you to log in, please contact our Support team for further assistance. Please ensure the email address you use to contact our Support team is the same email you use for your Telltale account.

I'm not staff, just a volunteer moderator, but I hope this helps. Take note that Telltale Support is no longer taking tickets/emails/etc as of the studio closure (September 21st).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.