The Walking Dead Final Season Pass Refunds

edited September 2018 in General Chat

Heard last night that TWD final season was abrubtly canceled because telltale went bankrupt. (surprise surprise)

I submitted a support ticket for a full refund of the game, but got a automatic reply stating that support is no longer available for any telltale product as of September 21.

FULL REFUNDS should be offered for The walking dead final season pass holders. Im not paying for a incomplete product, regardless of whats been released. I knew i shouldn't have bought that shit... Does anyone know what route you need to go in order to take care of this? Do we need to go through whatever platform we bought it from (xbox, steam etc) to get our refunds?

Comments

• There's been no official announcement on the future of the TWD yet. Once they announce that it's cancelled we'll see what Steam and others say. They can't really give refunds based on rumours even if we know what's happened by now.

• Oh i see. I had heard it was officially canceled and the final TWD season was canceled.

• The community has worked it out based on the ex-project lead being honest about the situation on reddit and other ex-employees confirming the same information on Twitter. 99% chance it's cancelled.

But corporations can't give refunds until the CEO steps out and tells us what happens next officially in some kind of press release. We'll know soon.

flymoefly posted: »

Oh i see. I had heard it was officially canceled and the final TWD season was canceled.

• I think we have to go through Steam/Xbox/Playstation for this query.

Telltale's bankrupt (or close to it) so I don't think they're in a position to give any money back. What's left is probably (not) going to the skeleton crew.

• There's an article about that, that's interesting.

The concept of unearned revenue is central to the issue surrounding Telltale Games’ current financial and operational woes. When consumers pre-pay for any product or service, the funds are supposed to be held in a liability account designated as “unearned revenue.” It’s only after the goods and services are delivered that those funds can be “recognized” as an asset.

This creates a mismatch with a company’s bank account. The cash is on-hand. It’s right there, which leads to enormous temptation in the face of financial crisis. Without disciplined financial management, it’s too easy to forget obligations to consumers, spend cash that is tied to unearned revenue, and land in even bigger trouble.

We don’t know what Telltale’s accounting picture looks like, mind you. The company’s financial officers and board may have demanded that cash connected with unearned revenue be set aside for the purpose of refunds, or it could be sitting with obligations on the books to fulfill season pass sales and no money to actually deliver those products.

Again, until Telltale makes a statement, we won’t know what to expect. And if the company files for bankruptcy, it’s unlikely that consumers will be able to recover anything from their full season purchases.

The best course of action, as a player, is to hold tight until there is concrete information. Telltale says it will be advising on its future in the next couple of weeks. Fans want to see Clementine’s story come to a close. So did the 250 people who face this Monday morning looking for new jobs with no paycheck or severance safety net.

https://gamedaily.biz/article/264/cutting-through-the-noise-what-we-know-about-telltale-games-right-now

• With the release day 24 hours away it is still quite possible that the game would be released and it be their final product at least for the foreseeable future.

• I always find it funny when people point out that the game will remain unfinished because Telltale went bankrupt then proceed to complain about wanting refunds. Y’all understand what bankrupt means?

Either way, best advice I can give is contact support of the platform you bought it on, but my guess is they won’t know anymore than you do at this point. Sounds like even the few still at Telltale don’t know what is going to happen with refunds and the like. Just be prepared that you might have to cut your losses and accept that you paid for something that probably won’t be finished.

• Yeah the same ex-employees that had no idea that the studio was closing.

Sorry but they know nothing,

The community has worked it out based on the ex-project lead being honest about the situation on reddit and other ex-employees confirming th

• Realisticly, how can they refund anything, if they have no budget?

• Update. Seems like you MIGHT not need a refund. Nothing is set in stone, but there’s talk of TWD being outsourced to “potential partners” in order to complete episodes 3 and 4.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.