Can we take a moment and pay respects for the most potential cancelled Telltale game?

Telltale laid off 90% of their employees, thus causing the most devastated cancellation in Telltale history and I'm talking about:

It's so depressing because after TWAU Season 1, fans have been asking for Season 2 for YEARS and it was finally announced in Summer Update 2017, then in 2018, it got delayed due to making it better as they say, only to get cancelled in September 21st, thus getting a lot of players disappointed. The Wolf Among Us Season 2 is now going to sleep with other cancelled video games who had the most potential like:

Now I'm going to ask:

• What is your favorite episode of TWAU?
  • What do you think was the best moment in the entire series?

Comments

• Yeah, I can't get over cancelling TWAU2 :( I have been waiting for it since 2014.

I love every episode, to be honest. E5 felt... different, but it was great finale for a great game. I also can't choose the one best moment, I enjoyed every second of the game.

• Prey 2:

Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Patriots:

Prey 2's cancellation still angers me to this especially after the Prey reboot we got...

• Honestly some of the hardest news to hear, I've wanted a second season for soooooo long, and just to have it "happen" just for it to be taken away sucks. I really wanted to see what it would be like in the new engine and new gameplay, they could have done some crazy shit.

I mean the Stranger Things gameplay we've seen had first person segments of gameplay similar to Alien Isolation, I can only imagine how far Wolf S2 would have been in terms of new gameplay.

• edited September 2018

What kills me even more, is how hyped the writers for season 2 were in their tweets after they were laid off. :( It seems like we were in for something special.

My favourite episode was definitely the finale. The fight scenes are still some of my favourites from Telltale.

My favourite moment was probably the ending. "You're not as bad as everyone says you are."

Or the ending to episode 4? The one when Bigby finally finds the Crooked man. And you have the choice to just light up your cigarette. That's one of the most badass things I've ever seen, gave me chills.

• WAU 2 is definitely disappointing to lose, with probably only a third season of Batman more upsetting to me for having lost than that.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.