Games purchased through telltales' own website

I have only just recently learned about telltales' demise. Not that it really helps one bit, I genuinely feel for the employees at this time; being currently unemployed myself.

So, under the circumstances, this is going to sound so insensitive and incredibly selfish but it's a genuine concern. Does anyone have any thoughts on what will happen with the games purchased directly through this website?

I haven't bought from telltale in a while and I am looking to possibly re-download my purchases before they "disappear". Only, I seem to remember that they still had to be "activated/authorised" on-line. I assume once any servers are shutdown, this isn't going to be possible going forward.

My account shows:

• Sam & Max (Seasons 1-3)
  • Wallace and Gromit’s Grand Adventures
  • Tales of Monkey Island
  • Strong Bad’s Cool Game for Attractive People

Is it likely that I will be able to run them in the future?

Thanks in advance…

Comments

• edited September 2018

I think we'll be able to. I unlinked my account and my games still run. Though, it's a good idea to be safe and re-download everything.

• Telltale removed the DRM from their classic titles a year or two back. You should be fine as long as you have the games downloaded from their website before it closes down.

I'm not staff, but I hope this helps.

https://telltale.com/support/article/my-game-asks-me-to-enter-an-unlock-code-when-i-launch-it/

While we no longer offer unlock codes for our Classic games, most of these games are now DRM-free on PC, and they can be played without needing to login or use a code.

To get the no-DRM version, please log in to your account on our website. Under your My Games page, select the game and download the latest installer. Before running this installer, please ensure you have completely uninstalled any prior versions of the game you have installed on your computer.

For any Classic game episodes that still prompt you to log in, please contact our Support team for further assistance. Please ensure the email address you use to contact our Support team is the same email you use for your Telltale account.

• Thanks for the link.

Would they still run under Windows 10?
    I believe I purchased these, when Windows XP was the current OS.

Regards

Telltale removed the DRM from their classic titles a year or two back. You should be fine as long as you have the games downloaded from thei

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited September 2018

I think they should, yeah. I recall having launched a few episodes from Sam and Max S1, Strong Bad, Wallace and Gromit, and Devil's Playhouse on W10 to see how they still held up a while back.

Thanks for the link. Would they still run under Windows 10? I believe I purchased these, when Windows XP was the current OS. Regards

Sign in to comment in this discussion.