Will we be able to activate w/o connection?

Hello everyone.
I am SO sorry to hear about Telltale and their problems. They have made some darn fine games. But thats what I want to ask about now, is the future of these fine games.
Will we be able to install the games in the future, if TT goes completely off the grid?
Because we wont even be able to install the games if TT shuts down the activation servers.
I am trying to get together a machine that will be able to go in my bedroom without being too loud or too bright or too power hungry, while being pretty cheap (not a lot of cash flow right now).
So, can ANYONE from TT answer this question? If you shut down everything, will you give us users who have purchased your games, a way to install the games w/o the activation servers?
Thanks for any info!

And, very sorry for your guys' loss of workers and the Lawsuit. Its a darn shame.
But, dont leave us users hanging with no hope of being able to install non-virus games that we bought.
Would it be easy to make a 1st installer that does NOT require an online activation server? (1st installer, as in the very 1st file that we have to launch to actually install, like SandM Season1 installer1.exe, SandM Season2 installer1.exe, etc etc etc?

Comments

• just play them once and be done with it. better safe than sorry

• The classic point-and-click games have been modified to remove DRM and do not require activation. If you have a DVD, you can install them that way, except for Wallace & Gromit. (All DVDs except W&G had no DRM in the first place.) Otherwise, download new copies of the installers if you want to be sure you can install them in the future.

For the newer games, it's not as clear. You can still re-download them and hope for the best.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.