Lyrics Breakdown: Remember Me (Anadel)

Guys, before we bid goodbye from this beautiful forum, Can we do some lyrics breakdown?
I don't know who is intended to be saying the lyrics and it's intended recipient is so please feel free to answer in the comment below.

REMEMBER ME by Anadel

[Verse 1]
You cringe at the lightning
You walk on the water afraid
Cause faith to move mountains
Is like a shadow, falling away

And memories of darkness
Obstruct your view in the light
And a foothold eludes you
As your lungs flood with the tide

[Chorus]
So remember me
Write my name on a stone
But don’t let me hold
You back from it all

[Verse 2]
Rain washes this city
But mud still clings to your soul
You fill in the pages
With the pain that’s taking its toll

But there’s hope in the madness
Don’t pretend you’re in this alone
She sees me inside you
And she’s afraid that you won’t come home

[Chorus[
So remember me
Write my name on a stone
But don’t let me hold
You back from it all

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZpSkaAX8x8M

You can also add some theories, or explanations etc on the lyrics.

Comments

• Especially this verse:

She sees me inside you

Who is the person "She", "Me" and "You"?
    And why is she afraid that "you" won't come home?

• wow haunting song amazing

• edited September 2018

Now these are my type of threads, especially since Anadel is my second favorite band! I'm not sure if you mean you want to know the meaning in the TWD sense since this song was the end credit of The Walking Dead: Season 2 episode 3 or if you want to know what Anadel was probably thinking when they wrote it. I'll try to answer both. Obviously I'm just guessing. I don't know for sure... sometimes it's better that way!

For The Walking Dead:

TL;DR: I see it as Carlos talking to Sarah after his death and how he wants her to become strong, realizing he did wrong by trying to shelter her. He doesn't want Sarah to be stuck mourning him and never moving on.

[Verse 1]
    You cringe at the lightning
    You walk on the water afraid

This is pretty self-explanatory, I think. Sarah is pretty well known for being afraid/having anxiety due to her canon PTSD (Telltale revealed that in a magazine interview years ago. You should be able to find a link to it on TV Tropes, last time I saw) and no doubt Carlos sheltering her probably didn't help her get used to the world with how it is now.

Cause faith to move mountains
    Is like a shadow, falling away

We all know Sarah loves her dad a lot. She trusts/has faith in him to keep her safe. Her love for him is so strong it could move mountains as easily as a shadow moving.

And memories of darkness
    Obstruct your view in the light
    And a foothold eludes you
    As your lungs flood with the tide

Memories of her dad dying clouds her mind and causes her to start shutting down or "cease to function" as Carlos said to Clem. She begins to "drown" in her emotions.

[Chorus]
    So remember me
    Write my name on a stone
    But don’t let me hold
    You back from it all

Carlos is telling Sarah it's okay to remember him, but she needs to metaphorically "bury" him like how one would for a funeral. The "name on a stone" refers to a grave stone with their name and date of birth and death. Carlos realizes that he shouldn't have sheltered her and he hopes she can move on after his death instead of permanently ceasing to function.

[Verse 2]
    Rain washes this city
    But mud still clings to your soul
    You fill in the pages
    With the pain that’s taking its toll

Basically everyone else is used to the harsh world and had loved ones die, too. For Sarah, it's taking it's toll on her because she was sheltered and has PTSD.

She sees me inside you

But luckily Clem can (depending on your choice) be Sarah's friend and she's young like Sarah. Younger, actually. There's hope that Sarah can be like Clem. The "she" is Clem. The "me" is Carlos. The "you" is Sarah. Clem can tell that Carlos' death is causing her too much grief and Clem is afraid that Sarah won't be able to be like how she was before Carlos died.

[Chorus[
    So remember me
    Write my name on a stone
    But don’t let me hold
    You back from it all

So again, Carlos urges Sarah that it's okay to remember him, but don't let the memories of him and her emotions hold her back from being a survivor.

What Anadel probably meant:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_walking_on_water
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Peter

Please know that I'm not at all a Christian, but I do go to church with my family (forced to, lol) and I live in a very Christian town. I remember the pastor talking about this story and I say it certainly fits, especially if you go to Anadel's Twitter page and if you scroll a little bit you can find Bible quotes and other Christian related tweets. This isn't their only song that mentions or alludes to Christianity, either. There are others. If I get something wrong, well, now you know why.

Too lazy; didn't write (sorry): It's about Jesus when he walked on water during a storm in the Bible. He asked for the others (they were in a boat) to walk with him. Peter tried to walk but he became scared and then began to sink because he wasn't trusting Jesus.

Funny coincidence is that apparently St. Peter was crucified at a place called the Clementine Chapel, according to his wiki page.

I can try to figure out the meanings of the other Telltale Walking Dead songs, if anyone wants.

• edited September 2018

I think the "What Anadel probably meant made more sense, considering their lyrics on in the water and chasing rhymes are somewhat based on bible verses.

I'd want to know the third person is in the song - "She". Was it Mary Magdalene? or Mary mother of Jesus? or Peter's Wife? or someone else?

And why is she afraid that Peter won't come home?

Now these are my type of threads, especially since Anadel is my second favorite band! I'm not sure if you mean you want to know the meaning

• for some reason i thought there was an original song used in TWD but i think i'm wrong

• Guys, before we bid goodbye from this beautiful forum

Everyone on this forum is mean to me. I hate this forum and everyone on it, but there's this one person I hate more than the rest..........
    ** Cough cough ** @MrGraffio

• i've had my share of bashers too. but there are also good people here who respond to threads politely and sincerely.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Guys, before we bid goodbye from this beautiful forum Everyone on this forum is mean to me. I hate this forum and everyone on it, but there's this one person I hate more than the rest.......... ** Cough cough ** @MrGraffio

• Everything I say should be taken with 3 tablespoons of salt. I’m full of shit?

Anonymer posted: »

i've had my share of bashers too. but there are also good people here who respond to threads politely and sincerely.

• I hate you more

Dex-Starr posted: »

Guys, before we bid goodbye from this beautiful forum Everyone on this forum is mean to me. I hate this forum and everyone on it, but there's this one person I hate more than the rest.......... ** Cough cough ** @MrGraffio

• I'd want to know the third person is in the song - "She". Was it Mary Magdalene? or Mary mother of Jesus? or Peter's Wife? or someone else?

sarahsenpai posted: »

for some reason i thought there was an original song used in TWD but i think i'm wrong

• I'd want to know the third person is in the song - "She". Was it Mary Magdalene? or Mary mother of Jesus? or Peter's Wife? or someone else?

Now these are my type of threads, especially since Anadel is my second favorite band! I'm not sure if you mean you want to know the meaning

• I want to know, I want to know the meaning of lyrics behind other walks.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.