Question. Would you be happy or mad if Microsoft brought Telltale?

So apparently I saw a IGN video about ppl messaging non-stop to Microsoft and wanting to see Telltale get brought and bring back games like The Wolf Among Us,Batman,and stranger things to be made. So I was wondering? Is it a good idea? Because I think it is. I mean the downside of it. Is that Microsoft needs story driven games and exclusives. It will be on PC,but maybe not on Sony.

So thoughts on that and wondering if it is good or not.

Comments

• Look at this point anything would work. Get the people who were working on this project, and let them finish it under normal circumstances.

• Why is everyone so obsessed with Microsoft? They're not the only company capable of purchasing other studios, you know?

• If they do, they can't make it an exclusive. I'm not saying this because I own a PS4, I'm saying this because it won't be profitable if just released as an exclusive. Hell, they weren't profitable when they sold on all consoles, but even if they were to cut expenses down greatly and revamp the entire management team, there's no way just releasing Telltale games on Xbox and maybe PC would generate enough money to warrant Microsoft buying them.

• edited September 2018

Okay, I'll say it then:

I don't want Microsoft (nor Sony for that matter) touching Telltale because I couldn't bear to have their titles become exclusive to those products. I own a PS4, and that's my go-to, actually stable experience for Telltale titles. I don't want their experiences to be locked off from it, or locked on to it. That just isn't right at all.

You make a good point though, Metallica.

If they do, they can't make it an exclusive. I'm not saying this because I own a PS4, I'm saying this because it won't be profitable if just

• I'd like for Telltale to get saved, but I don't want Microsoft buying them. They'd make every game an exclusive, which wouldn't be fair to ps4 players.

• I think that you should be happy that if anyone actually decides to buy it in the first place.

• In what way would it be unfair for ps4 users? Cross-over exlusives does not exist friendo.

Dex-Starr posted: »

I'd like for Telltale to get saved, but I don't want Microsoft buying them. They'd make every game an exclusive, which wouldn't be fair to ps4 players.

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited September 2018

1) i’m not your friend
    2) It’s “cross over exclusives do not exist”
    3) ....

In what way would it be unfair for ps4 users? Cross-over exlusives does not exist friendo.

• Microsoft could buy telltale out and still put stuff out for ps4 since they already parent ninja theory of the DMC series and that's not exclusive.

What's going on with telltale publishing? I thought that new game set on the island looked interesting.

• As a PS guy, I think it can be a good idea. Will it be exclusive to PC and Xbox? Probably, but we’ve learned in the past that, unlike Sony, Microsoft is not petty, and will likely allow these games on all consoles. At least I’m hoping. Plus, it’ll be another stunt to make them look better than their competitor yet again.

• Microsoft owns minecraft..... enough said.

That shows

1. Games microsoft owns can still be cross platform for Nintendo and ps4

2. Xbox is great at handling preexisting AAA mega popular games without fucking it up or changing the identity.

Yes, i'd love Microsoft to buy telltale. I'll probably hang myself if they dont.

• You correct my grammer, I correct your logic. Fair trade ;)

Dex-Starr posted: »

1) i’m not your friend 2) It’s “cross over exclusives do not exist” 3) ....

• edited October 2018

I would actually be happy since they would have the budget for the game. As someone who has used Xbox mostly, I won't mind but they did ruin the Halo franchise and Fable franchise including the shutting down of Lionhead Studios, the company that made the Fable franchise, which was an interactive choice based rpg. If it does happen, they better not charge micro-transactions or charge extra money which ruined the franchises that I mentioned above.

• At this point I agree with @Bruno113 if any company purchases Telltale we should be grateful enough, we can worry about who if the time comes.

• Who else are?

Frozen posted: »

Why is everyone so obsessed with Microsoft? They're not the only company capable of purchasing other studios, you know?

• It'd be great, but it won't happen. Ever. But if they did, and they definetly won't, then they wouldn't make the existing or on going games exclusive, just like they haven't made Minecraft exclusive.

New games would be, though. I'd even go as far and say that Telltale style of games are PERFECT for the gamepass.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.